OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. asp

asp Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    In that case, perhaps it has to do with one of my profiles that disables low level Pstates using option as shown here?

As you can observe, the trailing zero disables this P0, as I understand. Using this profile on 19.1.1 did not cause issues but perhaps it does now on 19.2.3? I am only guessing, I will continue to report infos as I gather them.

One clue, however, is that, as stated, after applying a profile, and then GPUTACH goes to 8 LEDS ON for no good reason (not a profile that uses disabled pstates btw), I am able to use Radeon Wattman to correct this issue, by changing the memory timing settings. Tell me that is not bizarre!

EDIT: maybe another clue, I stumbled on a registry entry under HKCU\Software\AMD called BLOCKCHAIN set to '0' and changed it to '1' thinking it was for compute tasks, maybe that triggered something. In retrospect I wonder if maybe it is actually for something else, some mysterious cloud task. I did notice another bizarre set of reg entries relating to 'ggrid.io' including a link to an _setup.exe file, sorry I can't document that as I immediately deleted those entries. There was also a Bethusda Quake Tournament set of entries in the same section for no good reason.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. asp

asp Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Anomalous results for me:

OverdriveNTool 0.2.8 beta 1
    Adrenaline 19.2.3 (25.20.15025.1002 DCH / Win10 64)
    Vega64 (016.001.001.000.008892) (113-D0500100-105)

Simple to replicate consistently, steps:

[Reset] in Wattman, then set custom HBM to 1100Mhz, no other changes, [Apply]

FurMark stress test [GPU Stress test], HWiNFO shows HBM at 1100MHz
    [Refresh] in OverdriveNTool
    [Apply] in OverdriveNTool
    FurMark stress test [GPU Stress test], HWiNFO shows HBM at 800MHz

In other words, simply reading the established Wattman settings into OverdriveNTool and then reapplying them, making no changes, breaks things. :)

Please correct me if I am mistaken. Cheers!

3. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Finally I've got an updated ADL SDK and added support for Vega VII, but it needs to be testet yet. I'm not able to do this on my GPU, so If someone with Vega VII wants to test than contact me on PM

OnnA, MerolaC and Kutep0v like this.
  4. belzebub666

belzebub666 Guest

GPU:
    14x Vega 56
    hello, did power_temp work in beta version?

i set to 60 but hwinfo show core temp > 60
    i use 19.3.3 driver and beta overdriventool
    with previous version it works great with 8.6.1

5. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Power_Temp, Fan_Min, Fan_Max and Fan_Target don't work with drivers 18.12.2 and newer.

6. belzebub666

belzebub666 Guest

GPU:
    14x Vega 56
    oh...ok..so going back to older drivers or is there an alternative? i realy need that power_temp

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  7. kaboom45

kaboom45 Guest

GPU:
    vega64LE
    hello im an engineer staying in Korea. (Im not well in Eng besides guru3d)
    First i want to ask overdriventool is your piece. im using it in my workplace in super necessarily.
    i want to donate some BTC (may more than 100$) for and if you complete overdriventool working on latest driver ill going to send more btc very gladfully.
    i just dont want to read no more develop odntool cause of monetary issues.
    i want to contact developer(s). if you don't mind, please reply to my address(kaboom45@naver.com). thank you.

MerolaC, The_Amazing_X and OnnA like this.
  8. tkoucinauci

tkoucinauci Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 / 8GB
    I think found bug in 0.2.8 beta 1 version.

Whatever Fan setting for Asus Strix Vega 64 i set, fan is spining 70% max.

Tede, is it possible to "force" spin to more of 70%?

txs

On Vega 56 reference design, don't have that problem. Reference card can spin to 100% (try 97%)

9. botnaik

botnaik Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Hey tede. is there any way u could distribute source code for contribution as GPL or under any other more or less free license? as everyday user i might help u in development
    thx in advance

Kutep0v and OnnA like this.
  10. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Thanks, but for now I don't need help with development, beside I doubt I would accept changes made by someone else. However I uploaded source code here so you can fork it freely and work on your own
    @tkoucinauci I doubt it's OverdriveNTool's bug, set fan curve to 100% in all states in wattman than compare results.
    Here is 0.2.8 beta11 with Vega VII support. Vega VII users: To avoid GPU values revert back on apply GPU minimum should be equal or lower than GPU P1 MHz and GPU Maximum should be equal or higher than GPU P3 MHz

11. AVP

AVP Guest

GPU:
    RX 470/570
    Hello -

I'm facing an odd issue where OverdriveNTool will show different memory timings then from what's set in BIOS - is that normal? Does it show current settings and BIOS shows max possible? [​IMG]
    Example: https://ibb.co/KGgLRHD

Thanks in advance!

12. Exceededgoku

Exceededgoku Guest

GPU:
    R9 295X2 x 2 in Quadfire
    Possible to compile the latest beta for us to test at all @tede?

Thanks!

13. heavyarms1912

heavyarms1912 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 XC Gaming
  14. Exceededgoku

Exceededgoku Guest

GPU:
    R9 295X2 x 2 in Quadfire
    Ah yes, so I see. Latest version doesn't work on Vega Frontier Edition. I think that's probably to do with AMD blocking Wattman on the professional line...

15. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Thanks for sharing the code. I have included to your tool an apply auto button, and the voltage offset control for gpus with the NCP 81022 voltage controller.

The apply auto button solves this problem with the voltages.

The voltage offset is working for my 590 nitro, but I suppose it could work for any rx 400, rx 500 and R9 380 gpus with the NCP 81022 voltage controller. Let me know if it is working for you.

This is the link to the release.

This is the link to the source code.

Hope it works for you. :)

It is not an OverdriveNTool issue. Those are different voltages.

The Polaris bios editor voltage for the memory is named into bios PowerPlay table as mvddc, but I think it is not working as is to low for the mvddc.

For OverdriveNTool is a different thing, and again is not the mvddc voltage as is to low. In polaris and previous gpus it is a min core voltage applied when the memory is using a determined clock.
    For example if you are using a dual monitor the memory clock is fixed in your case to 1750mhz, and if your core clock is at 300mhz even if the P0 voltage is 750mv, the used voltage will be 900mv. So if you what to decrese in this case the core voltage, you have to decrease the P3 "memory voltage" to a lower value and higher or equal than the P2 "memory voltage" one.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.

16. Bael

Bael Guest

GPU:
    Radeon rx 580 8GB
    Hi

I have problems with several gpus 580/570 with the new version 0.2.8 (04.14.2019)

It controls temperatures and fans badly.

The driver that I am currently using is 19.3.3

I have returned to the previous version 0.2.8 beta1 that works fine.

Could it be driver problem maybe? Which one do you recommend me to use?

Apologies for writing bad english.

Greetings guys!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  17. sassss

sassss Guest

GPU:
    radeon 7, vega 64
    using 19.4.3 with overdriventool 0.2.8 beta 11 i am still unable to tweak the frequencie of the gpu radeon 7 P0 P1 and P2 just stay grey and unchangable.

18. sassss

sassss Guest

GPU:
    radeon 7, vega 64
    using 19.4.3 with overdriventool 0.2.8 beta 11 i am still unable to tweak the frequencie of the gpu radeon 7 P0 P1 and P2 just stay grey and unchangable.

19. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hi. Is this problem when you use Reset?
    It happened when swich from GPU that has these Pstates disabled, it's fixed in 0.2.8 version, link for download is in the first post

sassss and OnnA like this.
  20. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    I have aswell fans speed problems, my fans are not goin to more than 1200 rpm, so core temp is going up to 83º, when normally it is not going to more than 76º.

I have this problem with my 0.2.8 beta 11 version and drivers 19.3.3 and 19.4.X. I don't have tested the 0.2.8 version because it don't have the auto button.

I think it is not a driver problem because I was not using OverdriveNTool until two weeks ago, but I was using wattman, and I didn't have this problem.

I only can solve the problem removing PP_CNEscapeInput registry values. I have not tested if the problem starts when using reset button.