Announcing GeForce Hotfix Driver 430.53 (Released 4/29/19)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HARDRESET, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No i can't "not" this telemetry phobia is out of hand, nvidia doesn't care what people are doing with their computer, the data is entirely restricted to driver and gfe operations.

People with the capacity to do so have already looked into what it reads and the packets sent, it isn't intrusive like the microsoft telemetry, it doesn't track everything you do like googles, if nvidia implements circular dependencies requireing the presence and correct installation of the telemetry services, good.

Every other application you install on your pc has telemetry of its own, especially if it runs on Electron.

[​IMG]

The Telemetry lets nvidia know when GFE crashes, when an overlay causes a crash in a game (so they can fix it), average settings based on hardware configurations (so GFE can actually recommend settings) .

It is simply functions that existed in GFE all along, moved to a container process to reduce GFE process overheads and mitigate a little known hell that is loading mixed VC libraries in a single process (which happens when you reference dll's built from different versions).

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    The1, intrud3r, Robbo9999 and 4 others like this.
  2. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    About the 430.53 driver performance

Driver seems very smooth. In Fifa 19 DX12, I am seeing a bit better fps overal and so much less input lag during gameplay.
    So this is very good.

But I am also seeing occasional 1 sec hick ups with fps drops to around 30 - 40 during cut scenes in FIFA 19.

As for benchmarks
    I can see regression in graphics points for example in Sky Diver. Went down almost 500-800 points depend on run in graphics score and arround 300 in combined.
    Fresh instal of w10 1903. I don't know if this is a graphics driver or windows cusing this but this is strange. On win 10 RS5 the 430 driver from microsoft update was good in terms of smoothnes and input lag and also gave me few more points in benches but there was huge mem leak, and now on RS6 games seems more fluid, no mem leak but huge regression in graphics points in benches.

Gortex likes this.
  3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    A telemetry service using about a mb a month sounds about right. Logs like that don't need to send a lot of data. I'd say turning off the service is enough.

4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I do agree with this.. It's probably being overblown in the end. PC gaming has been more and more a pain in the butt the more we obsess about the little things, but I do think it's still important to talk about it and keep stuff in check though as there is always the one-off chance that there is something screwy going on. In this case there was a problem with their container taking too much resources so discussing it is probably important in the end. If we don't, who will?

I think most people on these forums are pretty advanced and are here to know the extra details that probably don't matter. It's just nice to know exactly what's going on even if that's somewhat unreasonable. Talking about stuff doesn't hurt but I do agree that overdoing the "tweaks" in the end can absolutely hurt. I guess in the end being a power user comes with the understanding that you might jack something up and balancing the risks.. besides most users are installing the software and not touching the telemetry and stuff so it's not like Nvidia isn't getting their logs from the masses. We (users who disable telemetry/tweak the GPU drivers to this extent) probably account for a very small minority of users in the end ;)

geronimo666 likes this.

5. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Even though he might often comes across as an arrogant egocentric, that doesn't mean he is stupid or useless. I think most people acquire these kind of attitudes because these can often be seen fairly efficient in dealing with the bulk of the problems a person usually comes across on a daily basis (and they can usually power their way through the bulk of the rest with acceptable losses). I don't find it too hard to learn working with (or rather around) these people (even if you approach problems and people from a rather different angle). There are far worse. Just learn how not to trigger their detrimental behavioral patterns (especially not in a row with a snowball effect) and ignore when they (mostly inadvertently, as a part of their passive patterns --- but even if at times deliberately) push your buttons. The conversation will flow (even if with a few bumps) and the information will be eventually extracted or the command will be acknowledged (and carried out), some sort of agreement will be reached. I guess the most probable way out of these kind of behaviors is eventually encountering some objectively huge and psychologically unacceptable loss or a "wall" which simply won't budge but the need to get across is felt as infinitely high. But it's not necessary, some people are factually "always right" (well, most of the time) and random luck helps them avoid the unacceptable losses, so they can carry on as they please (it just works for them and it suits them). Although that's just my opinion.

6. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    2nd observation

the hot fix driver, on my rig, causes a screen blackout between applications entering/exiting.

with the 425.42 and prior driver this behavior was not apparent.

Lastly mgpu seems limited / broken (more than before).

I see that some folks have a performance gain from these drivers. I have experienced that as well (1-3%, negligible) on some games such as SOTTR and ROTTR, but I have also noticed texture flashes, light effect anomalies, and long load times per level.

I think I will go back to the 425.42 vulcan developer driver - the original and hot fix version of the 430 driver seem rough on the edges with too much of a compromise

7. Anna9

Anna9 Guest

Shoud I try this "hotfix" or wait for a hotfix for this hotfix?

8. jrolson

jrolson Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I would guess it's more than that, I don't have it enabled so I can't look it up... but Windows telemetry uses about 20MB a month.

[​IMG]
    EDIT: This is for a PC connected to the internet for only 6 hours a day. It might be more for a PC connected 24/7

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the windows telemetry covers windows update, appstore, setup.api logs, .net logs, etc. theres a lot more scope.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That was not a suggestion, that was a warning from staff.

No more talk of this, final warning you're going to get.

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I can't tell if Astyanax is agreeing with me or not at this point.

12. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    This drivers are good here zero problems to report. On my games at least. And thanks for the driver.)

pharma and Gortex like this.
  13. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    Not sure why you are going after Astyanax for just commenting about it using only 1MB. The only asshat in here is dr_rus and he stopped so im confused why other people who did nothing wrong are getting scolded.

CrazyGenio and eGGroLLiO like this.
  14. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    This is completely right. If you're going to mod do it all the time and evenly. Rus is an absolute troublemaker and he gets away with it. Astyanax makes valuable posts all the time.

Also, I think we ought to be able to talk about telemetry.

15. You posting your useless warnings in every thread in order to show off is what actually derails the conversation and creates a hostile atmosphere. Needless to say that your power-tripping policing is also slowly turning the entire forum into a graveyard.
    Let people debate and discuss what they will.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I don't know, I just had to peek at your posting history and....wellllll... you call a lot of people 'cucks' but, your whinging sure seems cuckish, and you have a very nasty attitude. I'm not the nicest person, but you're a raging hypocrite.
    You're welcome. Yeah, I'm trying to curry favor with the mods.......let me cut you off...:eek::rolleyes:

HARDRESET likes this.
  17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Ok they dont want us to talk about that new feature the telemetry. I didnt even knew what that wose so i made some google. Im more or less clarified. But. This is part of the driver so nobody was out of topic. Why the warnings from the stuff? Its just my opinion.

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I don't think anyone was getting in trouble for talking about telemetry in the driver. I think dr_rus stirred up some drama earlier and put vbetts on mod watch. Later I made a comment about butchering drivers out of telemetry paranoia. Another user named Astyanax replied in what came across as an overly aggressive tone.
    That being said, I'm still not sure if Astyanax agreed with me or not...

But yeah, telemetry has been there for awhile and you can talk about it all you would like. I assume.

elite69, Kolt and HARDRESET like this.
  19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Correct. Gents, let's keep it clean and nice in here okay, thanks.

20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    "puts down a pitchfork"
    Sure Boss.