Television Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stereoman, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sweet, fingers crossed!

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti

Second season dropped a week or two ago. This show was my intro to the character and he's refreshingly different to what passes for main stay superhero fair nowadays. I am also lead to believe that his representation in the show is fairly close to how he is in other media.

Oh yeah and it has Trevor f*cking Phillips as a superhero.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    sverek and stereoman like this.
  3. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I mention it in my first post but I can't wait for this one, it was one of those shows that just came out of nowhere and I thought it was going to be really cheesy but turned out to be awesome and everyone in my family enjoyed it, I grew up in the 80's and Karate Kid was a big favourite of mine but yeah it's one i'm eagerly awaiting. Definite Must watch, cant wait for the 24th!!

4. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Tonight!!!

[​IMG]

5. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Just finished the latest episode of GOT and wow what an episode!
    The scene with Jon Snow riding a dragon alongside Danny, awesome!!!

6. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Brad Pitt in tales from the Crypt 1992

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Really? You loved the most cheesy scene from the entire show, where they play aladin just after they got the message that the army of the dead broke through the wall?

But yeah, wow what an episode... what a bad one that is.

8. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Yeah i thought it was good considering he flew on the dragon before he even knew he was descended from Aegon Targaryen, which I kind of think is the reason he could, any other man would probably get thrown off, and when they land next to the waterfall, it was like a calm before the storm, Daenerys even said we could stay here for a thousand years.

As far as the episode goes the only disappointment for me was the lack of white walkers but it's only the first episode and it will undoubtedly be a huge conflict so I kind of get why they want to ease into it. There was still plenty of forward momentum in the episode though, Theon free's Yara, Bron is contracted to kill Tyrion and Jamie, also I'm looking forward to seeing this weapon Gendry is making for Arya and and then we have Jon's revelation he is the true king of the seven kingdoms and finally at the end we have Jamie and Bran caught in the death stare.

Maybe because it's been so long a wait for this final season but yeah for me it was a good episode and there's plenty more to come.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    GOT Spoiler

That Jamie / Brandon death stare though

10. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I have to say Bran was particularly creepy all through the episode, on the reddit page they're calling him Slenderbran lol

11. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Another show I just started watching, highly underrated imo, well worth a watch!

12. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    If you're a fan of Matt Berry from IT Crowd and the movie of this show I recommend this one, so far it's pretty funny!!

Repo Man likes this.
  13. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Channel zero

14. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    No time for TV, sorry. ;) (A bit of Netflix and Hulu though.) Orville is fun because it is strange and funny at the same time. No spoilers but it will be really interesting what episode 14 will be like, considering how episode 13 of the Orville ended in season 2.

15. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I mainly watch the Science, History, and Discovery channels, although they've went downhill lately as they mostly play the same series all day long or most of it. Sometimes you can get a good educational program on history in the early hours (6:00AM...when the infomercials stop and regular programming begins.)

Other than that I usually watch Cartoon Network for Rick and Morty and Bob's Burgers.

I've wanted to get into GoT and Orville but the task of watching multiple seasons is kind of daunting. Someday. :)

16. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Just finished season 2 of Cobra Kai and I pretty much predicted everything, was still great though!
    I knew Kreese would take Cobra Kai from Johnny and now season 3 Daniel and Johnny will team up to defeat Kreese, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Rewatched My Name is Earl. To be continued... :(

18. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I watched season 2 over the weekend, absolutely loved every second of it. I've heard some disturbing rumours that Youtube Red might be shutting down, hopefully if it is true Cobra Kai finds a home elsewhere. I also wish the episodes were just a little bit longer, one or two scenes felt a little rushed to me and there's a lot of story to fit into ten 30 minute segments.

Still, the most fun I've had watching a TV show for a very long time.

I'm also looking forward to the next season of Lucifer, the full season will launch on the 8th of May on Netflix.

I'd also highly recommend Altered Carbon for sci-fi fans, it has a bit of a Blade Runner feel to it and the second season is in the works.

19. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I'm sure Cobra Kai will find a new home if they shut down, probably Netflix or HBO and I agree 30 minutes is a little short but I tend to binge watch anyway so it's not a huge issue but yeah can't wait for the next season,

Altered Carbon is a good recommendation, Top Show!!! read the book as well it's a good read.

20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Another great show if you haven't seen it, I'm huge Tom Hardy fan and this one is well worth a watch, next season is due next year so good time to catch up if you missed it.

Last edited: May 1, 2019