LG - 34WK500-P ultrawide monitor question

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by nikescomputers, Apr 23, 2019.

1. hello i have a [​IMG]LG - 34WK500-P i have a MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio Video card trying to get freesync to work with gsync i cant figure out how to do it i enabled freesync in monitor settings on the monitor it self but in the nvidia software theres no where to enable gsync

see pic here of nvidia settings https://ibb.co/Dz9X2Ff

2. wader2k

wader2k Guest

I have the 34WK650-W and had the same issue until I switched from HDMI to Displayport... don't think GSYNC supports HDMI? The option for enabling GSync showed up once i used Displayport cable.

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    NV drivers only support GSync Compatible via DisplayPort, despite the monitor itself supporting it over HDMI.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
  5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Looks nice, 1440p UltraWide and GSync. Only use the DisplayPort, and you can overclock the monitor to 120Hz.

And you got some butthurt paying the GSync toll. (No reason for these things to be $800)

6. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
  7. having a problem I have a rtx 2080 and asus crosshair hero 7 wifi motherboard i installed new drivers from nvidia and the drivers took over realtek audio drivers the realtek drivers dont show up in device manager has anyone had this happend too? If so how do u fix it i tried ddu on both the audio and gpu still no luck

8. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Thats a bit strange. My Realtek still shows up. Have you reinstalled the Realtek drivers? That would be the first thing to check. Did you update your bios by any chance? I would check in your bios to make sure that onboard sound is still enabled.