[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    turn off secure boot and driver signing.

2. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I have Secure Boot off since foerver and Driver singing shouldn't not be necessary to turn off.
    The problem is that, when the driver gets install, all outputs are not found. Only SPDIF is visible to Windows.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Dude, its a known issue.

"Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue."

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18362/

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I know it´s a know issue.
    But, here is the thing, it's known since March.
    You would think that by now, it would have been fixed. Specially considering they released 1903 as RTM for MSDN.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I ditched my SB Zx card (yes, newer than Xfi and still supported) with the release of 1809 several months ago due to crappy 5.1 DD/DTS support. Do yourself a favor, seek external audio solution which is much more reliable and superior to anything Creative. USB Dac for headphones + mini-amp for 2ch speakers or AV receiver (HDMI) for multi-channel system. You will be relieved from having to deal with Creatives issues and with the added benefit of a massive improvement in sound quality.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm was the issue where where swaping from say PC Screen Only to Second Screen Only that had it own audio been fixed?

If i switch from my PC Screen Only to Second Screen Only which is my 4K TV the audio input does not change correctly to HDMI TV audio I have to switch from PC Screen Only to Second Screen back to PC Screen Only then Back to Second Screen Only to get windows to change to correct audio device. From day one on 1803 build this has been issue prior builds never had this issue. and Weather it was MS audio drivers or Nvidia Audio drivers for HDMI audio the issue was there.

8. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    My X-Fi titanium recieved a new driver a month back and works fine, how come these newer cards have not had an update? Weird

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    We have said it many times, Creative Driver support is very bad.

10. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    So this build is not final or out yet?

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's about final but I would expect one more cumulative between now and when Microsoft is releasing it on the main channel hopefully resolving some of the remaining bigger open issues to the extent it can be done without it being on the software side of things for say the ongoing issue back and forth with Creative's audio drivers. :)

Opting into the fast branch now though might put you on the 20H1 builds which is for a newer version of Windows 10 though which Microsoft is also working on, 19H2 or second half of 2019 should see a build as well whatever it might bring.
    But 19H1 here is just about finalized and probably going to hit full release in around mid-May I would expect though they might be gathering info and preparing for a newer cumulative update and then results from this before flipping it to the main release channel. :)

EDIT:

Essentially it's going to be build 18362.1 and then whatever the final cumulative update before release ends up being and if May is the estimated release date then there's room for one more set of cumulative updates or even the regular monthly cumulative cycle every second Tuesday each month. (Sometimes followed by a update on Thursday or Friday last week of the month.)

So for now we're at 18362.53 after I think there's been two insider branch updates and then this but that's from a while back so I am expecting a newer cumulative to pop really soon and then there's a chance that will be what they have on the release date though depending on the time between the next cumulative and the OS update release itself there could be room for one more though it might cut it close with testing and feedback and all that. :)

Then during install 18352.1 gets applied and if allowed Windows will try to pull whatever the latest available update set is which in general is going to be the servicing stack update and the current cumulative pack.

With ISO (Or well it's more about USB these days than DVD really.) getting periodically refreshed usually quarterly with newer cumulatives pre-applied for easy of install and having a clean mostly up to date media to use as a base. :)
    (Can be one sometimes two cumulatives behind the current latest.)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  12. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
  13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, I've been running clean installed .53 for the last couple of days, and I can safely say that it's not ready to be released. Lots of minor but annoying issues with drivers and programs compatibility. And the Settings app crashes often again. 1809 is clearly more stable at the moment.

14. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX

The only problem I had was the same Settings app crashing issue, fixed it by running PowerShell and typing Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Other than that though I've not had any issues.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    After any OS update, ALWAYS redo your driver base, starting with Chipset. (Intel's SetupChipset.exe -overall if applicable) All your hardware is redetected, and invariably will not be optimal, and misconfigure a few items, or use default drivers. You will save yourself a lot of headaches doing this.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The Intel chipset driver shouldn't be too important as such since it only has .inf files meaning device names though things in use like PCI-E could still require a restart as these are likely to get updated over the Windows generic driver and it's naming, Intel's RAID driver however is a different matter and does contain actual .sys drivers but it's only for actual RAID setups and should not be used otherwise. :)
    (If I can find it again there's a post from a Intel engineer clarifying it's functionality and toning down the importance of installing it and the "-overall" flag to force it.)

For AMD I think their chipset drivers bundle a couple of other things but the power profile should no longer be as important though it differs a little bit from the default balanced profile even in the newer Windows 10 builds by having a different minimum state for the processor speed.

Lower level like MEI for Intel and what AMD uses is going to differ a bit, newer Intel motherboards are more advanced or how to say for this is used so it's more important (And far more integrated and harder to disable too.) and then the network drivers as well.

Then there's all the other stuff, input devices, audio devices and of course the GPU driver which in experience is the one that actually does fail (Always.) on a in-place upgrade though it can vary how much this affects things but a uninstall and reinstall is heavily recommended because it's not going to be quite as expected until that is done. :)

EDIT: That said installing the chipset drivers shouldn't harm anything either and if it's too new to have drivers for your own system it will also stop and prompt about this instead of trying to install something incorrectly.
    (Regardless of INF and device name it will still use the Windows or Microsoft default .sys driver file after all.)

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this only matters if the drivers you have installed have a version/date older than 2015.

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I just clean installed 18362.86 and I had that settings app crash problem until I updated to the latest GPU drivers (Windows auto installed 388.xx during the installation process) and I haven't seen it since then.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yeah I kind of agree with this. The GPU drivers especially. But the chipset drivers aren't that problematic because new Windows builds typically installs the latest versions of those.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Should I bold the part where I clearly say that I didn't update?