RTX 2070 GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFARE BLACK SCREEN-FREEZE

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by kindred, Apr 14, 2019.

1. kindred

kindred Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Hello, Has anyone with an RTX graphics card had any success getting the game, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare to run without crashing?

It's one of my fav games that worked perfectly with my old GTX 770, but using a new RTX 2070, all I get is an instant black screen freeze under Windows 7 and a BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error 0x00000119 (0x0000000000000002 under Windows 10.

And it's not the only game I'm having problems with. Compared to my GTX 770, this RTX 2070 is truly a pain in the a###. I've never had so many artifacts, graphical glitches, BSOD's and freezes when running various games that worked perfectly with a GTX 770.:mad: :(

Most newer games that I've tried work fine, Ark Survival, PES 2019, etc but I've never had so many problems with older games compared to my previous graphics card, a GTX 770. I don't think it's a hardware problem, more likely Nvidia's RTX drivers are to blame.

I would appreciate any assitance. Thanks!:)

Dual Boot Windows 7 & 10
    Using Nvidia Drivers 425.31. Previous drivers didn't work either.

2. kindred

kindred Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Anyone got a RTX graphics card and GRAW. Does the game work?
    Thanks!

3. VolterMort

VolterMort Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 / 1280MB VRam
    Hello,

On my Gainward RTX 2070 the game worked just fine. Now I have a Zotac RTX 2070 AMP ExtremeCore and I don't have any problems running the game.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Looks like a hardware problem, but not necessarily the Graphics card.

take out sticks of ram and try to reproduce the crash one a a time.

5. kindred

kindred Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Thanks for letting me know. At least now I know it works with a RTX 2070. I thought it might of been an incompatibility problem.

I don't think it has anything to do with my RAM as the game ran perfectly fine with my old GTX 770. Also plenty of other games work fine with my new RTX 2070 without any problems. It might have something to do with PhysX. I recently noticed that Section 8, another game that uses PhysX also doesn't work and that also worked perfectly fine with my old GTX 770. So it's looking like it's probably a problem with PhysX drivers. It's just a pain that it keeps freezing my PC everytime I try to run GRAW, Section 8 just exits back to the desktop with cudart.dll not found error. Thanks for the replies, I shall investigate further and see if I can get both games and PhysX to work. :)

6. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
  7. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt this game used Ageia physx before nvidia bought them?

9. kindred

kindred Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Hello, Yes! I checked the PCGamingwiki website, it's the first thing I did. I've also installed the latest Nvidia Legacy Physx drivers & Physx System drivers, but still not working. I think Nvidia changed something in the latest PhysX drivers (Non Legacy) and that's why some older PhysX games have errors. I managed to get Section 8 working by making a copy of the the cudart.dll file in the binaries folder and renaming it to physxcudart_20.dll.

Yes! The games GRAW 1 & 2 were originally designed to work with the Ageia Physx card before Nvidia bought them out and made compatible Physx drivers for their graphics cards.