NVIDIA GeForce Version 425.31 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    use directx11 or dxva2cb instead of cuda.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have just updated to this driver and it has been great on the games i play , no bugs to report and performance went up a bit. tested on FH4 , FH3 , FM7 , NFS payback , BFV and Anthem. All is well.

3. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Thank you venturi for having shared your experience here among all these passionate people.
    Just as a mere observation...those Volta's that you are using are the most expensive ones, the Titan V Volta right?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

The most expensive voltas are the quadro. However the chips are identical -they are the GV100 and GV100GL
    My rig is based on Titan V, not quadro. The equivalent quadro is about 9k each. I have no price comparison for the JHH Special -As it has never had a price one could say its the cheapest nvidia card ever made or the most expensive. I understand only 20 were ever made. My box is signed.

My rig is 4 cards:

1 Titan V CEO Edition 32GB (JHH Special Edition) GV100GL chip 4096 mem interface
    3x Titan V 12GB GV100 chip 3072 mem interface

I had 4 of the Titan V 12GB and used them individually, and mgpu and autdiff SLI
    then I received the JHH Special and found that it did not improve the autodiff SLI, but as primary card it did improve mgpu, compute, and gaming in general.

On my board, it sits at the lowest position as primary card and gets the most amount of air, under full load temps are 70C (primary), 74C, 74C, 75C. I don't think I'm experiencing any thermal throttling.

I have had 4 rtx titan but found the Titan V to have more grunt and better performance -so I returned the 4x titan rtx. Also, I did not see the marketed performance increase in ray tracing that nvidia pushed for a year. I did see that ray tracing is not ready for prime time and that the trade off in performance is greater than some of the meager blurry improvements in ray tracing,

regardless, for now the 4x Titan V combo set up I have is (in my opinion) more powerful than the titan rtx setup. I'm actually not sure for WHO the titan RTXs are really meant. Without the hbm2 memory, the titan rtx are a considerable step back in NN, yet for their high price they cost too much for just gaming --strange product.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    jura11 likes this.

5. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    is just me or downsampling looks better than dsr in these latest drivers

6. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Thank you once again venturi for your detailed information.
    So it is like I ve thought, no one is going to be left out from the *rtx optimization strategy* even those people that have spent 3000/3500 USD dollars for the Volta V HBM cards.
    More time is passing the more I suspect that RTX stuff is something like a gymnic experiment went not in the desired direction.
    And it will not be the first time that such a thing is happening there at the NVIDIA headquarters...not to mention that those people are showing that they ve never abandoned their discutible subtle practices.
    You green guys take it for granted, your 20xx RTX cards will be surely remembered for many years to come but sure not for the inexistent benefits that they bring out.

7. anstaendig

anstaendig Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080
    Overclocking the GPU with MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X1 is not possible anymore with this driver version. On version 419.67 is was completely fine. With this version, the power limit bar is greyed out, every time I try to change any value like voltage limit or clock speed or anything in either of the tools, the screen starts flickering and I eventually have to reboot the system. Even the turbo mode that my CPU is packed with is not working anymore and it's now capping at 1500Mhz and before I was able to run it stable @ 2050. This is a no go for me and I'm reverting back to 419.67.

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 Gaming OC

EDIT:
    Reverting back to 419.27 did not solve my problem. So here's what I had to do to enable the turbo boost again:
    1. Backup VGA Bios
    2. Flash different VGA Bios
    3. Remove GPU
    4. Uninstall drivers with DDU in safe mode
    5. Install GPU
    6. Install latest drivers
    After a couple of hours hassling around with this, this finally works again and even without overclocking manually, my card boosts to 1920 MHz instead of being frozen at 1510Mhz and I can run the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It's working fine with these drivers on my Pascal cards over here with MSI Afterburner 2.6.1 Beta 2 on Windows 10 1809. I did use DDU to do a clean driver installation, however, as I always do. It might be RTX or Windows specific, although I'd assume other people would have complained by now.

9. anstaendig

anstaendig Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080
    I always use DDU for new driver installation... Here's what I had to do in order to make it work:

Reverting back to 419.27 did not solve my problem. So here's what I had to do to enable the turbo boost again:
    1. Backup VGA Bios
    2. Flash different VGA Bios
    3. Remove GPU
    4. Uninstall drivers with DDU in safe mode
    5. Install GPU
    6. Install latest drivers
    After a couple of hours hassling around with this, this finally works again and even without overclocking manually, my card boosts to 1920 MHz instead of being frozen at 1510Mhz and I can run the latest NVIDIA drivers.

10. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Any ETA on the official WDDM 2.6 driver ?

12. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Installing it now, will return with feedback

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Tuesday

endbase likes this.
  14. rossi123