Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    PLOT TWIST!!!

it's ...... Mara Jade :D

AsiJu likes this.
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    This is the first game that's published by EA that actually could be something I might enjoy. Still not pre-ordering or anything, this is EA we're talking about. That said, it would be nice to get a "Jedi Knight" type of game. Jedi Academy came too long ago...

I'm still waiting for an Empire-based game, but that will probably never happen (seeing how big of a copt-out was the "campaign" in EA's Battlefront 2). TIE Fighter still remains the only one (and a great one at that).

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's clear that they're using UE4 because Frostbyte is horrible to work with if you're not making a Battlefield / Battlefront game. It's been stated a few times that this was part of the issues with Apex, for instance.

Singleplayer by EA that does not contain micro transactions... it's like, I can't believe EA actually agree to a game like this. Sounds too good to be true, even if it's "just another Force Unleashed".

As long as I don't have meaningful character choices (including the chance to drift off to the dark side), I don't see this offering too much depth. If anything, they at least might give us a reprogrammed assassin bot that offers to end our suffering at each chance :D

emperorsfist likes this.
  4. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    An "assisted suicide" bot? ;)

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    More like him:

[​IMG]

cerebus23, Solfaur and emperorsfist like this.
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well every game wants to be like that. Next will be Mario Souls :D

Kolt, emperorsfist and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    By the way, the more I think about this, the more I hope they're having enough time for a proper game... if I understand this correctly, Respawn has picked this up after they already had their issues with Apex timing and release window? So... now they have about a year to pick up a new project, make it work story wise and technically (I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed in RTX into this somehow to show off the UE 4.2.2+ engine), and all of this in merely starting late 2018 for a 2019 release?

I have my doubts...

8. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Which princess would take the role of Gwynevere, then?

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Frostbite was designed from the ground for Battlefield. Trying to make it fit to anything different than a FPS game on 2Km square map, good luck.

And the guy you designed Frostbite left the company a year ago :eek: to join the 'startup' from the ex-DICE founder who ended up top EA manageent and also left a year ago.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I was wondering why this game is being made.... I mean... they were making a singleplayer game before, but it was scrapped so they could make a multiplayer game because "EA", I mean.. that would allow more recurrent monetization via gambling / lootboxes.. which then led me to think, maybe this game is happening because Disney weren't happy with what EA have been doing with the Star Wars license?, which then led to EA making Respawn make this game, because...... even the initial announcement for this game felt completely rushed like they were just trying to say hey look Disney we are doing something.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Think EA wanna use their latest studio acquisition, they only bought Respawn in december 2017 - not even a year and a half ago, while the studio is still at the top and talents are still there.
    One year and a half for both Apex Legend, and a Star Wars game, jeez.

Just checked and Respawn studio is 200employee, formed in 2010 by guys that worked on MoH:AA, jeez i loved this game so much lol

edit: appears they were working on the star wars game already in 2015*

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  12. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    Probably is the key word here.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Maybe his face was tired...

Repo Man likes this.
  14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Some more details :)

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    not bout the game but Star Wars related and was not sure where to put this so here should do, hope u enjoy it as much as i did!!!

Backstabak, Darkest, GetMax and 4 others like this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    damn they put a ton of work into that reedit. awesome.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm usually not a fan of fan-made stuff (I like the sound of that:p), but this was awesome! This scene in particular was always kind of hard to watch, when I did my SW marathons in numeric order of the episodes, coming from the acrobatics of the prequels to the very awkward and stiff lightsaber fights of the originals. :D

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This is how I'd have loved the remastered editions to be cut... really cool. Thanks for sharing. You might post stuff like this in or check out our Star Wars Spam thread if you want to.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    When you look at all the money spent to make TLJ, then you look at what a couple of amateurs did in their spare time, just amazing.

XenthorX, Solfaur and cerebus23 like this.
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've watched every Star Wars countless time prequel included, went to movie theater around 10 times for Force Awakens.

Went only once to theater to watch The Last Jedi, haven't rewatched it, never will.:eek:

cerebus23, KissSh0t and Solfaur like this.