Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Wow...... seeing something I once loved so much turning into something I hate so much is a very interesting experience I must say.

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Tell me about it! I was totally under the impression that the BF coins would just offer a shortcut for those who couldn't be bothered with the grind just like you say in SWBF2. Suddenly that game is starting to look like a masterpiece. 2 steps forward... one giant leap for mankind backwards!

Solfaur likes this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    you have to suffer like me with ping and play in europe for a 125 ping experience, still works for me

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Uhm just asking, has anybody applied to be my friend via origin? Got a friend request and I'm not sure who that is... "Batalya" or something similar iirc. Anybody got a clue?

Also... BF5 - Firestorm...

I did not care about PUBG.
    I do not want to try Fortnite.
    I am by no way interested in any other battle royale mode.

But BF5 Firestorm... I hate that I love it. Although only squad mode with my RL buddies.

big ROBOT bill likes this.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    When it comes to the server list for conquest and what not I have no issue playing with a ping between 120-140. Do not feel the lag.

However my point is that with firestorm you cannot select a server. It is matchmaking ONLY and because you and I live in Dubai we are automatically connected to the far east which is the lowest ping for us hence us getting stuck with people who barely know English (again not all, but majority of the time the communication is limited).

On another note. How is everyones DXR performance who use it? I find they have improved it quite a lot and is quite visually appealing in the right situations.

I find me hovering between 70-80 on intensive maps like Rotterdam, but the infuriating thing for me is every 10 min or so of playing I will get a 1 second screen freeze then it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, maybe you’re used to it but I never liked the laggy feel these games had.
    Now I was able to get a line upgrade, ping is very stable and moves between 7-11ms in-game, and it feels like a totally different animal.

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    The stuttering in DXR/DX12 is why a lot of us don't use it. I have a friend with a very similar build (8700k + 2080) who has the exact same problem, as well as a few others in these forums who reported the same problem with freezing/stuttering. It seems to mostly stem from big explosions, where once a bomb goes off you can be left with almost an entire full second of a freeze. Completely unplayable in competitive matches. It's the only DXR title where I avoid DXR completely..

8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Yeah it is such a shame. I use DX12 fine though, shockingly smooth (more so than dx11!). I hope they come out with a fix for this soon because I do love the effects of DXR.

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I will have to try DX12 without DXR. I honestly haven't really tried it as in the past DX12 for BF1 and other games weren't really good at all with or without DXR. I'll try it out though.

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Yeah please do and let me know how it goes, it seems we both have the hardware to take advantage of it.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly, I tried to play a game with DXR in Firestorm. What a waste of framerate... I honestly couldn't tell the difference while playing multiplayer.
    Currently running dx12 with my rig, but I'm not too happy, occasionally I do get the famous 0.3 second stutter, will have to see if that persists with dx11.

12. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    You don't notice the reflection changes at all?

DXR is a dx12 extension only.

Also, I don't have any micro stutter in dx12. Did you delete your nvidia directx cache, and then let the game rebuild it? After you do that it takes about half a round for it to re cache, but after that it's butter smooth. Also same concept goes for if you are using dx12 for the first time.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No I did not notice the difference, at least not on first sight. To be fair, it was a not too intense area though, very few reflecting surfaces. I guess DXR shows more in the city maps for instance, not so much in Firestorm.

Yes I am aware that DXR is DX12 only, I actually had to do a fresh install of windows to even be able to use it, was running 1607 until last month.

No I did not try to rebuilt the game cache, thanks for the advice. I'll have to see how this is down and will give it a try.

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I haven't tried this myself either. Just to be clear, we are talking about the "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache" files right?

Same as using disk cleanup "DirectX Shader Cache" option?

15. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Exactly

fantaskarsef and Kolt like this.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I tried DX12 after clearing the NVcache and rebooting.. and it still has some pretty bad stutters compared to DX11 for me. This is with both DXR on and off.

17. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Whats your processor is it old? Did you give it a few rounds? Is your nvcontrol panel set up with power at max performance?

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    8700k @5ghz. I played quite a few different rounds (at least a few hours worth). The interesting thing is that my buddy built his computer identical to mine, with an 8700k, Prime z370-a, and an RTX 2080. He doesn't overclock and has slighter faster RAM yet has the exact same issues with stuttering in DX12. I even had him try clearing his NVcache folder and we both agreed that DX12 is just a stuttering mess for us both.

And no, I leave my profile set to adaptive globally for the performance mode. Haven't tried max performance mode in a while (used to leave it set to that globally) but I could try it..

19. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Yeah try that, also do you have the standbye memory being dumped every 5 min? That could be one of the issues win 10 has a bad history of that.

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I don't think I have that problem, but I'll monitor it while playing BF5 to be sure.