NVIDIA GeForce Version 425.31 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    for the division players there will be another driver to fix the dx12 crashes.

2. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

its been proved that this is not true like 100 times.

AuerX, dr_rus and cookieboyeli like this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Good comparison video.

Serotonin likes this.
  4. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Sure, proven by whom? By the same people that got payd for their reviews? Their friends maybe?
    Do you have a Pascal gpu in your rig or you just flew for the DLSS capable one?

densou likes this.

5. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Nice drivers for metro Exodus in dx12 i think it gain some fps with my GTX 1080 Ti.

6. Michal Turlik 21

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    For a world free from lies and frauds.

CrazyBaldhead and densou like this.
  7. Michal Turlik 21

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Try some dx11 titles and you will experience some pain instead of getting some gain.

densou likes this.
  8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Which DX11 titles, i'm on old hardware and i am happy with these.

9. Michal Turlik 21

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Good for you as there is no driver passed 399.24 version that is not annoying me with performance drawbacks.
    Just as a note for the people here that are saying that those drivers DO NOT impact the Pascal performance, here it is my rig:
    gtx 1080 fe
    asus ROG Strix X470-I Gaming
    ryzen 2700x
    If someone is willing to fly to Wroclaw I can help with the accomodation, offer you some local lunch and let you see how the gtx 20xx *optimizations* do impact the gtx 1080 that I do own.

jura11 and densou like this.
  10. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Is there some reason why DX12 does poorly most of the time?

Like most games/hardware it's either unstable and crashing, lower performance, broken, etc. With only a select few situations or benchmarks where it works better.

I heard games need to be programmed as DX12 native to take full advantage instead of DX11 and DX12.

I just don't understand, we've had new hardware, new drivers, new WDDM versions, new games, and yet DX12 still ends up doing poorly most of the time.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Coding for DX12 is a lot harder than DX11 for performance. The driver level optimizations Nvidia and AMD do for their cards towards games is on the developers under DX12.

12. ngoni615

ngoni615 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti 11gb
    So i tried ray tracing and the results are interesting
    system specs i7 4790 @ 3.6ghz - 4ghz boost
    1080ti (stock oc from factory)
    16gb ddr3 1866mhz

bf5 1080p max settings rt off = 110 - 140fps+ (single player. cpu bottleneck)
    bf5 1080p max settings rt on ultra = 50 - 63 fps (map dependant. gpu pegged at 99 percent sometimes 100 lol heavy performance cost

metro exodus 1080p epic settings everything set to max except shading which is at default rt off = 104fps - 110 fps average great huh 1440p (84fps average)
    metro exodus 1080p epic settings ray tracing ultra = 30fps dips to 27fps sometimes but most 30fps
    ray tracing high with tweaks= 44fps

all i can say is the game is ray tracing has heavy performance cost and i was not really impressed with the visuals. so i am switching it off and continue to enjoy my high fps buttery smooth at 144hz

13. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Its kinda a given, the fact that on RTX cards with dedicated cores it performs poorly or half decent.. now enable it on GTX cards that dont have those dedicated cores. This is nvidia's way of saying that their current and previous generation cards are "capable" of ray tracing just so AMD cant say that all their cards support it as well.

14. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I tried RTX Quake II , It was a laugh to see such a old game slideshow on my GTX1080ti :)

This won't convince me to drop $2000AUD on a video card that doesn't offer me any real performance increase other than to use RTX.
    Maybe next generation RTX cards when the prices aren't the same as a small used car.

HonoredShadow likes this.
  15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    By anyone who can actually benchmark something.

16. Michal Turlik 21

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Since there are people claiming that issues with the new drivers really exist (please read as issues related to the Pascal performance) we can not simply cover up the whole stuff by negating it. Or to be pricise you for instance can behave that way but the amount of people rising their concerns about the 4xx drivers performance just proves that something is not going the right way. Do not know if such concept is clear to you, I am guessing it is not.

17. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    XLR8 4060ti 16GB
    cześć Michal, that's just nVidia's same ol' story: had a 750ti, using newer drivers made it almost on pair with the previous 660 (so....did the former increase performance or rather did the latter decrease performance? ;) )
    again with 1060 and 970. Source? 750ti/1060 my previous/current GPUs and I had pals with 660/970 -> could made comparisons with my eyes :)

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Linus Tech Tips: Debunked it
    Babeltech Reviews: Debunked it
    Hardware Unboxed: Debunked it.
    Commons sense: Debunked it.

The only video that demonstrates a difference is a misleading youtuber that didn't factor in the Spectre patch that landed between their tests.

All others are the usual 1-2fps differences common to any drivers, and there is insurmountable factors that contribute to this outside of the driver itself being the source.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Stormyandcold and AuerX like this.
  19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    The burden of proof is on you my friend.

dr_rus and Party Poison like this.
  20. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

ive got

980ti
    1080ti sli
    And the 2080ti.
    in different rigs around the house.