NVIDIA GeForce Version 425.31 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Apr 11, 2019.

1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    There will always be problems with DX12.

2. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    No issues whatsoever until now with this driver. More specific info tomorrow! :)

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Good driver for me,think it fixed my ESO low 3d performance mode being mostly stuck.

4. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    Yes the next die shrink is really needed for RTX and this generation is more of a stop gap while we wait and from a price point of view not worth it.

5. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    is this driver supported WDM 2.6 on 1903 ?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The problem of TD2 isn't DX12.

8. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    The Freesync compatibility for my LG monitor seems to be broken with this driver...

9. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix 4090 OC
    Tried both SOTTR and the Atomic Heart demo with these drivers and both crashed due to a memory leak. Guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    No issues here that I can see, played 1.5hrs of BFv with no issues. I don't use Dx12 though.

11. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Well
    Some observations
    My rig has 4 titan vs (primary is a ceo ed) I was running the 425.11 driver. Decided to try this one

Metro redux ray tracing ultra performance was halved with these drivers
    BF5 performance 30% hit from prior with ray tracing enabled

There are anomalies in dx 12 games such as texture flickers in sottr.

Think nvidia has their head stuck deep up their preverbal arse.

Speculation
    As titan v worked well for me in ray tracing before hand, the new driver is designed to highlight rtx performance at the expense of making prior cards look bad to entice folks to upgrade.

Just speculation but why would ray tracing performance be halved? Because they left titan v in the soup of cards that aren’t enabled, when in fact they are

Otherwise why the performance hit?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  12. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    I installed these 425.11 on my 9900K 1080 SLI rig and benchmarked SOTTR and boy was laura croft looking blurry at times!
    Averaged about 45 fps with a lot of out of focus like distortions during the benchmark. Both GPU's at either ULTRA or HIGH
    shadow DLS settings struggled at max load. Turning that feature off restored about 90% of the image quality but there was
    still a little flickering so probably will roll back to last driver release. These need work I think..

13. dcGColts

dcGColts New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 GamOC
    That was for Gsync I believe this is a different issue that occurs when using multi-monitors when hardware acceleration is being used and GPU is idle clocked.

You can either turn off hardware acceleration or set anything that uses hardware acceleration to prefer maximum performance so for me my GPU clock would be 1515mhz instead of 420mhz when browsing web for example I prefer to just disable hardware acceleration and keep idle temps below 30 instead of 35-40's.

SSJBillClinton likes this.
  14. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    On the dx12 side, yes, i have been experiencing crashes and anomalies, devil may cry 5 now crashes with these drvers that game is dx12 and can be turned dx11 by tuning some ini to fix the issue, metro exodus crashes too sometimes don't even lauch when rtx is on 1080ti, and when it's off the crashes randomly, again this only happens in dx12 mode. Rtx 2070 is running fine.

In the speculation side well they can't make look bad old cards on the raytracing aspect (speaking of 10 series) if they didn't have any to show in the first place, and speakingly positive there is possibility that a bug was introduced in volta cards, just being positive, but if your speculation turns to be true, then nvidia is doing bad for lefting 3k usd gpu users in the dust, i know only few people bought the titan V and only a 1000 got the ceo edition, but it's no reason still but yet again i'm just hopping this to be just some bug, like when they introduced the withche3 on kepler gpu's and the tessellation bug kicked in because performance side without raytracing these are better than older drivers.

Because i don't know if it's that nvidia allways get a bug when an important driver/gpu is launched or i'm just being a fool for still believing in them

15. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Had issues with Metro Exodus , send a ticketed to Epic, had to reinstall game, SOTTR did run, not impressed, back to 419.67 for now.:cool:

Dragondale13 likes this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ok my dumbass didn't have the latest version of Win 10 installed which is why I couldn't run Ray Tracing. Well here's my official results from Shadow of the Tomb Raider. 1080p max settings RTX shadows on Ultra.
    [​IMG]

Not great but better than I expected, I was thinking I'd average low to mid teens. Either way the visual difference is totally not worth the performance hit, hopefully it keeps improving.

Also ran the Star Wars demo and averaged around 20fps. The Atomic Heart demo actually surprised me because it actually ran pretty good. Of course there are some scenes that drop me in the 20's, but there's also some that put me in the 50's. It'll be interesting to the see how RTX evolves over time.

Edit: Just ran the Justice demo and holy crap it looks awesome! Yeah there was a couple spots where it choked up, but overall it ran very good and the reflections are just insane looking!

17. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Don't install this driver on Windows 10 19H1 build because DX 12 don't work, it hang up when the game start and it need WDDM 2.6 for DX 12 to work after my testing so far. stay on 430.00 if you want to play DX 12 games.

18. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Pascal RTX, no thans

19. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Thank you for your valuable input

20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Same here, except with Metro Exodus. No error or crash message, Metro Exodus froze when I was adjusting resolution in Video setting, my computer simply restarts after that. This is on my HTPC rig:
    i7 2600K @4.2ghz
    LeadTek GTX1080 Hurricane OC
    Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
    4x 4GB RipJawsZ DDR3 1600MHz
    64bit Win10 Home v1809 (17763.437)