Intel snatches more AMD staff to add to the Xe GPU team, Heather Lennon from AMD RTG Digital Marketing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 9, 2019.

1. toxzl1

toxzl1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 390X Strix
    Intel is such a scammer that amazes me how many people love them... I can't wait for Zen 2 to see Intel going down. We all know the history behind Intel and their clients...

2. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Intel has literally thousands of employees, and this makes, what, 5-6 people hired from AMD & nVidia?...;) Oh, yeah, like those 5-6 are going to make all the difference--I don't think so. As far as this gal goes--"digital marketing" is *Internet sales*, if you didn't already know that...;) She is not a tech or engineer. The hype here is starting to remind me of Larrabee! Of course, it's not quite that bad yet--and we should all hope to the Good Lord that it never gets that bad, ever! But really, all of this speculation is going to lead to major disappointment, just like Larrabee. In the case of Larrabee, my belief was that the pundits had falsely ascribed so much incredible power and ability to Larrabee--far, far outside of anything Intel ever officially stated about Larrabee (for instance, Intel stated often that Larrabee was not "real-time ray tracing" but the Internet tech pundits soldiered on, oblivious!), that it was the Internet pundits and their ridiculous Larrabee hype that persuaded Intel just to can the whole thing--which they did. No way could Larrabee ever met the hyped expectations. Is it going to happen again? Who knows? I hope not. Best advice is to listen only to what Intel says about its upcoming GPU/IGPs, and ignore the pundits this time, imo.

3. Ananke

Ananke Guest

Usually nobody reports on regular staff, engineers etc., moving from a company to another, but for sure the new manager hires people that she/he already have established personal and professional relationships, i.e. these Intel hires move in with their respective teams. So, likely AMD and NVidia will lose at least 50-60 experienced professionals. Also, marketing people "move" with their network of sales accounts. Do not forget corporations are in the business to market products and make sales, not for glory.

4. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Intel may have to change their logo soon with the way they are pouching all the AMD employees.

[​IMG]

Killian38 likes this.

5. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    We were just about to fire Heather anyway.....

6. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:

Indeed! "This is how we did it at AMD!" or "At AMD we did this!" That Crap gets old very fast. Old as in one day!

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'll believe it when I see it.