Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Fair enough. Nothing wrong with that at all. Conquest is a classic mode that will forever be on of my all time favorite MP game modes. I was only trying to help you give it a chance, but I respect that you don't like it. Hell.. my friends had to drag me through PUBG because I couldn't stand that game really. I like the BR concept though myself.. it just was never executed well enough until Firestorm.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, when I said resources, I was thinking money. I know it was made by Criterion, but just as with Dice, it's EA calling the shots and providing investment. Next up will be some sort of microtransactions patch for sure to make up for the losses...

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Each to their own - i have never liked the concept, it's not the sort of gameplay i like. But yeah, i've already paid for the game, so i thought i might aswell try it - didn't exactly change my opinion.

Kolt likes this.
  4. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    the epic moment when you are in the downed state in firestorm and crawling around for your life with a knife only to crawl after an alive enemy and chase him around a building for 1 min and then proceed to kill him while in the downed state

Kolt likes this.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Me too. Just not my cup of tea.

I always liked a fast game of "free for all" or "gun game" in between regular objective-based modes, but this BR thing is just too much.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Anyway to change regions for BFV? Played firestorm last night and really enjoyed it, but sadly because I live in Dubai I am stuck playing with people in Asia who do not speak English at all. Had a few rounds where I was stuck with Chinese and Koreans who either did not speak English at all or just flat out did not communicate.

*EDIT*

If anyone wants to play with me add me on Origin @ RedSeptember87

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/premium-currency-comes-to-battlefield-v-on-april-4.109366/

8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Would a VPN work in this case? I'm not sure if Origin/EA has anti-VPN measures like Netflix or not.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It should work, but it deffo would add additional latency.

10. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Instead of microtransactions they ought to improve DXR and introduce new maps.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    New maps yes, but they shouldn't waste a single second on dxr.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Let Nvidia improve DXR in BF5. It's their heavily promoted tech ;)

Also, I think most of the mtx cosmetics and such are most likely already finished. They are probably waiting for the BOINS to go live for $$$ reasons.

EDIT: Speaking of which, seems like Boins will be here tomorrow as well as cosmetics:
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-currency

Snips:
    Starting on April 4, we are introducing Battlefield Currency, which is purchased with real-world money.

Starting April 4, using Battlefield Currency, you'll get access to new Epic items. You'll also be able to get a number of cosmetic items already available through Company Coin.

Coming in Chapter 3, we'll be introducing something new to Battlefield: Elite sets that let you play as a distinct soldier in multiplayer modes, including Firestorm

EDIT TWO: Annnnnd patch notes:

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice...ter_3_Trial_By_Fire_Update_02042019_FINAL.pdf

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    ShadowDuke and Dragam1337 like this.
  13. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I'm addictive to ray-traced reflections in BFV so I'm inclined to disagree :D

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    My favorite fix in the entire patch notes:

" • Fixed a bug that would cause the game to hang if the player mashed all the keyboard and mouse buttons while in the key binding menu. The player that found this must have eaten too much pineapple pizza. "

Dragam1337, ShadowDuke and XenthorX like this.
  15. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I have to say that I am pretty disappointing with the armory update... most of the good cosmetics require BOINS.. I would have thought we could at least grind coins to unlock some of these epic cosmetics, but nope.

fantaskarsef and Solfaur like this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Hardly surprising... disapointing sales, no dlc to make money on... and it's EA we are talking about, so they either make money some way else, or kill the game.

Kolt and Solfaur like this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    What an asshole move, I KNEW this would happen. At least in SWBF2 you could buy everything with in-game currency, if you were willing to do the insane grind. So here all the good stuff is real-money currency only, huh? I haven't seen for myself yet, but wow, what a bunch of assholes. I'm so glad I didn't pay a dime for this.

Dragam1337 and Kolt like this.
  19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    No doubt it makes sense that they are aiming for sales.. but they could at the very least make the epic gear hard to get. I was almost expecting the epics to cost 100,000 or something. I honestly would be OK with that as it would give me incentive to actually grind and save CC...
    A higher CC cost would still push people who have a tendency to spend real money towards the store, but it also gives other players incentive to push on and play more. Disappointed that they couldn't find a happy medium here..

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    damn, you can't earn the goodies without paying? That's lame, you already bought the game.