Creative X-Fi ExtremeMusic (PCI) no sound anymore after upgrading to new Windows 10 insider 18353

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by John10121212, Mar 14, 2019.

1. John10121212

John10121212 Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    When I upgraded my windows 10 to Insider version (April 2019 update, version 1903) build 18353 my X-Fi (Creative labs PCI card) suddenly stopped working . Strangely I see no errors but just no sound at all. Anybody know where to find alternative drivers who do function with the new Windows (April 2019 update) for the Creative X-Fi PCI Extreme Music card ? if so, where can I find good drivers for this card ?

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Known issues
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    Sould have read up first mate

3. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Odd I had a working X-fi pci sound card, now Windows update has installed some odd driver dates 14/03/.2019 and now I have no sound, running 1809, wtf

4. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    Is the motherboard's on-board audio, disabled in the BIOS?

5. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nope, I have never had to disabled the onboard, as I use it for recording, and has always worked flawlessly.

6. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Stick to 1709 for now. I am going to upgrade from 1709 as soon as Microsoft and Creative sort the issues with these cards out.

7. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    The on-board audio might (very slight chance) be causing issues with an add-on sound card (X-Fi).
    And I would have assumed the X-fi would work just as well (maybe even better) for recording.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its got nothing to do with the onboard audio, the drivers for the pci xfi need their signatures updated so they are compatible with 19hx signing requirements.

9. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    You might consider replacing the Extreme Music card, maybe buy a (used, $65?) Sound Blaster Z.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    maybe he doesn't like inferior products?

boombastik likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Taking into account the date of your post, and the date of this driver.... I am guessing this driver is the cause.

I am using a custom driver "PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2016 Win Ten v1.10 Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition"

With Windows 10 I've found there seems to be a trick to installing it, you must be in driver signature disabled mode, manually install the driver via device manager, then run the package to install the rest of the components, and then it should be all good.

[​IMG]

I also have X-Fi Extreme Music and see no reason to use a different sound card, maybe when I end up getting a motherboard that has no pci slot *shrug*

12. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    No sense pax drivers. The only real mod drivers was from Daniel K that doesn't broke the certificate and have all the drivers and packs all together.
    In old days this has meaning , now it does not matter as creative themselves remove the most bloat.

Soon i believe they will release new whql drivers for all the legacy products.
    It seems that most people in pcie slots have the pcie titanium and in pci slots the audigy 4 that is the reason for updating them first.

13. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Where can we download the full version of the new x-fi extreme music drivers. the crap installed by Windows Update breaks everything. Nothing is listed on the Creative web site.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there aren't any.

15. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    but if you are in the Preview Ring in Windows 10, Windows Update downloads a driver, but its not complete.

16. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    The only drivers from 14/03/2019 is from x-fi titanium pcie version 6.0.240.25. How the windows update installed them? Upload a screenshot to see them.

Saw me a picture and i will tell them about the bug if this is the case.

And in Microsoft update catalog i don't see anything.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  17. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't have any screenshots, but I those are the drivers that were installed by Windows Update, and then broken everything. Maybe they are being modified to support all x-fi cards.

18. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    No. Post a screenshot from device manager and from windows history updates. What do u mean u don't have screenshots.

19. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have done a system restore, what's so difficult to understand about that, so now the driver update is no longer listed, so no screenshots

20. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    If u don't have any clue about your previous problem how u do expect to be helped? Anyway this is my last response.