Sekiro Shadows die Twice

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Christ almighty.

Kept getting a blackscreen on launch.

I did drivers with DDU, Unplugged controller, Tried wirelss controller, tried wired controller, XML fixes, Disabled second monitor, Disabled shadow play, Disabled msi, Even tried GFE settings

Turned out, Uninstalled cam software and game booted immediately.

What the frack.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Just wondering how they can reach 100+ framerates on a game that's capped to 60 fps...

did they use that mod posted above to remove the cap?

However that's actually good to see that games use 8+ threads / cores.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got Nioh instead :eek: 18€ vs 53€

Witcher29 likes this.
  7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I am loving the atmosphere! Been a while since I played anything with a medieval Japan theme. Does play a lot like bloodbourne, but I much prefer the combat here. Seems more fluid and enjoyable.

I always love the art direction from this company. When I do get home from work though (before the wife gets in) I like to play with some friends and "shoot the crap" on rainbow six siege. This game needs a little more TLC on the weekend when I have more time to play.

Plus it is never a good idea to go to bed before a mini rage fest when dying so much lol.

Looking forward to DLC coming out for this (if any).

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  9. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Bagged this on launch but only had chance to play yesterday.

I was initially not very impressed by the first hour because normal Souls style "circle strafe with shield up looking for an opening" combat bores me to tears, but I gave it another go and it started giving me more skills so now I really like it. I am however getting really tired of games forcing you to play for an hour or longer with the bare minimum of game features available to you.

It does have the obnoxious "whoops you got hit once and lost almost all your health" stuff from DaS/BB, and some of the hitboxes are dodgy (again in classic DaS/BB fashion), but you're so mobile with tons of combat options it's not really a problem once you get a hang of the mechanics.

Looking forward to sinking my teeth in some more.

Cool game, nice to have proper co-op in a souls-like. I'd definitely say Sekiro is waaaaaay more satisfying to play & far more polished, but it doesn't have RPG elements like DaS/BB/Nioh if that's your bag.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I guess the rpg was a concession to the fact that they had a story reason why you used ONE weapon.

So there was nothing to really build around, you got your beads that boosted your HP and memories that boost your attack, and i guess skill points level attack after a certain point. And i cant really figure out if you can raise your stamina via any means, there is a stamina into HP item i know.

About the only thing the level ups is make your life easier, more hp buffer to take hits, and more damage to kill stuff faster. The fact that is EXACTLY what people use that stuff for to make fights they struggle with easier, and souls had its easy mode its called pyromancy, makes any souls game 200% easier. but that is game design success.

You can do your no beads no meditation runs which are in essence no souls runs. But your locked into ONE style of play, with variation based around the gadgets. I think that is why some people hate it, if you were a melee souls guy who got gud with gs or dual you probably had a leg up in how this handled. with the added plus of more mobility. sekiro has like 300 dexterity with his jump and whatnot. mystic ninja skillz.

But if your one of the other weapons that do not lend that style of play, aka parry, or dodge heavy melee. you probably going to have a steeper curve being forced sword.

But the story is bang on, the purfication ending had me teary :p, but seems i missed a step to get the happy ending so gonna try for that this playthrough max out all my skill trees, and get the feather that i missed think it was the only tool i did not find first play.

The story world and characters work, exploring is a joy, and some areas are just gorgeous, while others are hideous. that is where it shines a worthy game in their stable.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Damn this game looks sick! Anybody want to gift it to an old buccaneer like myself?

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i guess thinking of it in dark souls termsish though i suppose more technically posture would consist of a combination of your balance and poise (dexterity related) and stamina. tho the game just simplifies it to "posture" wonder if they debated a robust souls like system at all tho. still it would be pretty binary defensive stat builds vs offensive stat builds vs buffer builds. that would be the end of the variety in builds in this game.

But you are correct yes wrong terminology.

14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    This game is freaking AMAZING!

I just love the combat, the stile, the atmosphere .. basically everything. It was hard as balls at first, needed like two days to start really felling it. No matter how many times you have beaten the souls games, this is very different. The combat is brutal and it is so fast that for the first time I feel a bit on a disadvantage, playing on the TV with a wireless Xbox 360 controller. Like really you need to be frame perfect, so maybe a monitor and wired controller is the way to go. Also a PC, because it looks like the consoles versions are a frame rate/pacing mess.

I have beaten a few bosses so far, even though I’m not sure what really qualifies as a boss. For me anything with a fog gate behind it that stops you progress is a boss, unlike the elite enemies, that you can skip if you want. But also there are the ones that have Shinobi executions and drop memories, so are they are real bosses? Anyways, I love how “if anything needs killing, there is a proper way to kill it” you just need to figure it out. Stuck at a boss? Explore every other direction and eventually you will find a hint or an item for the job.

It is just so good to have a new From game to nerd about .. happy times!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Duke Nil, TR2N and AsiJu like this.
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm sure Sekiro is amazing, I just don't have the possibility to buy it at the moment.
    And I welcome less RPG since Nioh has this vast amount of items and possibility to customize everything and it's seriously overwhelming. It feels like a requirement to start reading guides and stuff to make a "right" build which I feel shouldn't be mandatory. There are all these skills and stuff, it's a lot to master. This is of course great for those who like a very deep game but I prefer Bloodborne level of "RPG-ness".

16. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    any performance gains with new Nvidia driver?

17. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    The game is pretty well optimized as it is.

18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Cannot deselect the GeForce Experience from the installation of the new driver .. so skip ..

Game runs great as it is - all high, AA on, motion blur off, 1080/60 is no problem at all on my old PC.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Game is capped at 60 fps and apparently not too demanding.

Damn, really hyped for this... maybe grab this from next paycheck.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  20. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Sorry, didn't mean anything by that, was just comparing the two!

The customisation was one of the worst bits about Nioh for me, the game looks like it has a lot of features to the point of being overwhelming, but nothing that really changes the game up much at all, it's mostly just colour coded "+1 health" rarity fluff.
    Best thing is the monster designs and environments, really cool Japanese mythology based stuff which is a welcome change from typical From designs.

Running DSR 4k on a 2080Ti and it uses about 60% of the GPU on old drivers, don't think performance is anything to worry about.