Upcoming Samsung S10 too expensive, what would you buy?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Netherwind, Jan 31, 2019.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Report on AC forums and my friends, plus for my own usage as well, they pretty average.

While the GS10 is a good phone no doubt, i'm not impressed, played with one in the store and it was ok, but since i have the M20 X, it does nothing to me.

BangTail likes this.
  2. ezreal15

ezreal15 Guest

GPU:
    3110M 6gb
    i wanna buy it even though i have to save for 2 months. This phone is amazing. I can say that i fall in love at first sight. I wanna change my phone now and before the SS 10, i want to buy an iP xs. However, i find out that apps form top1apk.com can't work well on iP. Then, i think i should get SS S9. However, now, i have a better option with S10. Can't wait to get it!

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If you take into account selling your S8+ (as I sold mine) the total price difference between the old and new phone is small.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No thanks Samsung, no thanks to paying a ridiculous premium for a phone and waiting 6 months (or more) for updates that vanilla Android gets immediately.

This has been a huge problem with Samsung for far too long now.

They should offer a version of all their phones that come with vanilla android for those of us that don't want to deal with Touchwiz 2.0 (AKA One UI) or their pathetic update schedule.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I played with it in the store, wasn't impressed tbh, and i've seen some samples on AC of the camera, it seems kinda ok but nothing to wow about...

Gonna skip this year generation, staying with the awesome Mate 20 X.

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Paid about 210USD for a Prism Green S10+ 128GB (gonna get a 400GB mSD card for it), this was, of course, with a 2-year contract tied to a local telco. Also got a Samsung case (paid only 12USD for it) so I'm happy with my purchase...so, in answer to the thread question.....HELL YEAH!:D
    [​IMG]

Netherwind and The1 like this.
  7. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    i got the s10+ 128gb too. I love it so much. HUGE upgrade over my s5. Battery lasts sooo long. By default, it doesn't use the highest resolution so you will have to change it yourself. I love the Samsung apps and OneUI (they sucked on my s5). Unfortunately, Samsung Pay doesnt work with my bank. I didn't get to try out the camera yet, but everything is good so far.

I wish it had an IR Blaster and Quickcharge 4.0 though...

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys can you share your experience with the S10 and S10+ battery life , how long does it last ? 2 days without charging or more ?

9. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    The S10+ lasts a very long time. I used it a lot last saturday... Playing games and stuff and it didn't drop below 50%. When I only use it occasionally during my day... like 2-3 hours a day, it drops to around 75% (no games).

I am very impressed, but then again I came from a Galaxy S5 Verizon model with bloatware, its a hugeeeeeee difference.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Last year's model might be an option the S9. Even though the Note 9 is out I got a Note 8 for a cheaper price.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It lasts over the weekend on WiFi (friday evening to sunday evening) but shorter on LTE. Still, it lasts at least one day without any problem. I mostly charge it after ~30hrs with moderate use (~3h30m SoT).

chispy likes this.
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks for sharing the information. That's great 3 days on wi-fi , awesome !

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    To be fair Friday evening -> Sunday evening is two days ;)

Comparing to my S8 it's a big upgrade. Mine never lasted through the whole day.

chispy likes this.
  14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    hehehe ... my quick reply did not do math correctly :D , nonetheless it is great 2 days !

Netherwind likes this.
  15. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    i had an issue over the weekend. i was in a phone call and th3 screen was turning on and off (proximity sensor issue?) unfortunately, it stopped turning on and i couldnt hear anything as if the phobn shut off by itself. had to hold power button to start it again.