Creator Ready Drivers - GeForce 419.67 WHQL CRD driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kurtextrem, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes but the Creator Ready v419.67 driver contains fixes for two games so surely this is also a Games Ready driver as well for anyone waiting for those fixes?

This is why the naming of the drivers is confusing and misleading. It is completely unnecessary IMO but then NVIDIA have made some very strange decisions in the last two years so I am not surprised to see them doing this. It's like everything else these days; there's a real "let's make everything more complicated so no-one really understands what's happening..." thing going on here!

Cave Waverider likes this.
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, isn't it rumoured that AMD have some kind of DLSS feature coming to their cards via a driver update? Their cards do not have tensor cores either.

DLSS hasn't impressed me at all. It's just the equivalent of the checkerboard rendering done on consoles to render sub-4K games at 4K. If I was paying £1,100 for an RTX 2080 Ti then I would want my games to run natively at 4K not upscaled from 1440p or whatever it is.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The fact that most D3D12 cards (likely including all Pascals and Turings, btw) will support DirectML with 1903 release doesn't mean that they'll be able to handle something like DLSS. For example, 16 series has the same compute feature set as 20 series but NV won't enable DLSS on them since they simply aren't capable of running it fast enough without tensor array for it to make any sense. And for AMD cards to have "some kind of DLSS" somebody have to make this "some kind of DLSS" and support it.

4. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    This is the explanation I am trying to give.

Both GR and CR drivers contains all the latest fixes and features, only the "optimizations" part applies to the newest Games (for the GR releases) or Apps (for the CR releases). So if you want/need the latest fixes and features, then download the latest driver release, being it CR or GR. And if you just want the latest "optimizations" for the latest games, because you don't need the latest bugfixes and features, then you can just skip the CR release and only download the GR releases.

In this way they avoid having people that want the latest optimizations for games to download a new release each week, because they focus the optimizations on games in one release, and on apps in the following one. Just the optimizations though, not the fixes or features.

5. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    sooo, is this driver worth installing on a gaming PC? Im just a little confused here. I just fininshed FC New Dawn on my TitanXP machine with drivers dated back to dec/2018... It really is time to install a new driver, and try out metro exodus, so should I give this a go?

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    No. If you mainly care about games, just ignore the labels and always install the latest (however they called it). If your main conrcern is content creation then (I think) stick to CR releases (skip the GR ones since those weren't put through the extra Creator testing). If you mix the two evenly (multi-purpose machine) then try to stick to CR drivers in general but definitely skip ahead to the latest GR if the release notes tell anything about a game you are actively playing with (and roll back to the last CR if your Creator application started showing any issues, performance of otherwise).

In other terms: all releases should be considered "stable" for all use cases but CR ones are "even more stable" for Creator applications (but not less stable for games).

And Creator related improvements will probably be scheduled for the next CR release (but still could appear in GR releases as well, I guess) which in turn might contain less game related improvements (but won't be necessarily excluded if they are ready at the time of release).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Odarnok and Sajittarius like this.
  7. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    why they dont leave this for quadro, and give us a driver whith performance gain in games and stability ? i see no gain in games for mounths now only fix for minor bugs that sometimes affect a small amount of people, and why focusing on 2080ti (a card for rich people only) not all people has this card and 4k, the majority are with middle card range, and i am sorry but buying 2080ti is really useless, you cant play on 4k decently, and for 1080p or even 1440p a gtx 1060 or rx 570 do the job perfectly.
    so basta whith this joke and give us drivers that relives our cards bastards (nvidia).

8. lucasfrance

lucasfrance Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti + 1080
    They announce a fix for the 980 series :

[GeForce GTX 980]: NVAPI calls take a large amount of CPU time. [2418933]

But the 980 series is not supported by this driver version....

Also, why no Win7 version ???

yosef019 likes this.
  9. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    installed on my gaming only pc with a titanXP and all seems to be just fine and a slight boost in performance in fc new dawn to boot, so im happy. keepers

10. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Yes, it's paradoxical but at least you know the fix will be carried over to the next release that supports the card. :)
    XP

11. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    :confused: nvidia kkkkkkkkkk

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nvidia officials have said "Never".

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    means it will be fixed in the next GRD.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good then that NV officials have zero control over what developers will be implementing through DirectML.

fry178 likes this.
  15. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    tl;dr? I edited my questions to be bold, ty :)

ok question--so these don't work in windows 7 or the current public/stable release of windows 10 (redstone 5 17763)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history (the green one in the table @ the top = the main fork)

I am so annoyed with Microsoft that they force us to beta preview forks through official windows updates. they should be more honest to users about being on a beta OS, and certainly not auto install it without consent simply from manually clicking 'check for updates' ... this happened on my laptop recently it put me on 18356 (the most random iteration of 19h1 ... if you're going to force feed me a beta at least give me the most recent version of 20h1...)

anyway... hopefully the 'april 2019' official update (of 19h1 or 20h1? who knows?) fixes all of our issues. still dual booting windows 7 and 10. now I am considering 7 10 and apr 2019 update because this wddm 2.6 issue is not the first I've run into where things are different or broken since the oct 2018 update.

and now, to make matters even more confusing, 2 gpu drivers to consider. which leads me to my next question, is there any third party tool on earth to flip quickly/cleanly between multiple drivers? or do I need to now dual boot w/e OS I decide I am using for design now too ...? lol. might be looking at a quad boot situation now ~_~; would be nice to only have to use one OS. it's a lot to manage especially w/ multiple PCs.

16. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    loraclee
    Pls explain how the 20xx series is useless?
    Outside price and things like rtx, the card has the expected fps gains compared to 10 series.
    And do you realize that cards prior 20 series might not even need the fixes that the newest release might need?
    Not even talking about the fact a 1060 or equivalent is good for 1080p, and most games in1440p.
    at least if i want to play games without dropping to low graphics settings.
    R6 in 1440p needs at least a 1070/8gb vram, to run decent fps without drops.

Do you also complain that your family car doesnt get the same ECU flash update that lambo/Ferrari/porsche has gotten :rolleyes:

17. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    Anyone can have a confusing, crowded and overlaping product stack. Doing it with drivers is what seperates the men from the boys.

fry178 likes this.
  18. eraser3000

eraser3000 Guest

GPU:
    1060/6 GS
    tried with daz3d render in iray, test results were so small they can't be judged as valuable, so maybe on a long render it could make the difference, but on a 3 minute short bench the results were ~ the same

jura11 likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

????

These are made for 1809+

20. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Frontpage article: "We now have Game Ready, Creator Ready, DCH, Beta, Quadro, Vulkan and Hotfix drivers".

In correlation with the whole gpu naming clusterf**k in the last 6 months, I'm now left without a doubt, that someone somewhere in Nvidia have completely lost it. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Lilith likes this.