Google presents its Stadia platform for streaming games

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I would be happy if there are games that can be downloaded in a week. In fact, I have games that will take me years to download with certain internet plan (64kbps down).
    This streaming gaming service will not work in rest-of-the-world where internet is not that fast. At these regions, there are more good PCs that good internet. Besides that, capped internet is pretty common too.

2. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    I don't think this is for any enthusiast, but subscription services have picked up and stayed popular in this day and age, particularly considering netflix, twitch and spotify to name a few. I think the fact that there will be integrated streaming and game video sharing features might be a selling point to people that simply cannot get the hardware to support such features. The pick up and play aspect with lots of games I think is also targeting the casual/mobile market, which seems to be amongst the biggest cash flows now within gaming. With internet availability improving and countries, particularly like India and China, adding more high speed internet than ever before. If we also consider Google's recent move back into China, there might be places where this eventually takes off. Time will tell I guess!

3. motoman26

motoman26 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4070 ti
    Not sure how many of you watched the entire thing. They mention that you will NOT be using the internet for this.
    It will be their own WW network.
    So if they're bypassing the internet for our connections, then how or where do we jump on this network made just for this?

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Over Google's own wireless networks, so are they saying it won't be available at launch on every andriod device, only ones that have access to and use Google fi.........oh dear. Lol

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Over 5G lol