Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.2.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Gamer81

Gamer81 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    It's not that I believe it, it's that I see it, when I upgrade to the last 2 versions when I take a vehicle and go through the map the fps dance from 60 fps to 59 fps every 2x3, with RTSS 7.1.0 works perfectly does not have that problem , I do not know what that can cause

now I am using AB 4.6.0 + RTSS 7.1.0

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I cannot help you to search for a black cat in a dark room, sorry. If you believe so - stay on it.

3. Gamer81

Gamer81 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    ok thanks anyway , consider my information as feedback because other people may have the same issue as me and unaware that the issue is in RTSS 7.2.1

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

5. Unwinder

The statement it NOT true and I do not confirm that. You may stay on older version if you believe so, but no need to put your ideas as a fact please. It is not true.

6. NikcBeliC

NikcBeliC Guest

GPU:
    RX Vega 56
    Hello. Updated video driver (Adrenallin 19.3.2) next updated MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner. There is a problem - in certain applications, for example in the game Dead by daylight - monitoring is not displayed! I suspect because the game in windowed mode without frames (such a game). I previously had statistics even when opening an image (pictures). Not now. help me please

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    RTSS has no issue with windowed modes, update to 7.2.2.

8. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    I had issues installing 7.2.1 Win OS ver 1807 and 1809( not a pre-build or insiders). reverted to using 7.2.0 Will try 7.2.2 later today.

9. Unwinder

That's exactly why 7.2.2 exists. I seriously fail to understand sense of some posts.

10. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Is it technically impossible to make adaptive sync work in conjunction with frameTime limit?

Also noted that Metro Exodus doesn't quite like any capping, it leads to framerate spikes, easy to check even at the starting menu, for example default vsync\adaptive works fine except without pre-rendered frames 1, guess game uses 2. shame no luck capping frametime

11. Unwinder

Please read about basic principles of VSync, adaptive sync and framerate limiting. I see no sense in your question, sorry.

12. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    In common knowledge there's no explanation of why frameTime limited adaptive sync won't recover after framedrop/spike as it simple adaptive sync does. I experimented with it for example in witcher 3 i capped adaptive with 16665 fratime limit coz its pretty much the only issue why solid 60fps can feel sluggish at some areas like its 30 or so, it solved an issue for like 5mins or untill framespike such as if you're open a map, after that the sync doesn't recover as it should at least thats how i imagine it, so tearline make it unplayable. That is my question, why its not recover? I may haven't got source that explains that behavior. Its just seems to me would be the most profitable mode if it worked that way, since it provide solid frametime line where the only spike is from taking a screenshot, and stutter free. Thanks for your time.

13. robsonbyte

robsonbyte Member

GPU:
    2X7970 / 3GB
    Cannot change the colors.

14. Unwinder

15. benai4h

benai4h Guest

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64
    Running into an issue during install that I haven't found a solution for online.
    I haven't used MSI Afterburner or RTSS on this computer (performed a clean install just after Christmas) but when installing the MSI Afterburner package with RTSS I'm receiving an error that states: "RivaTuner Statistics Server is currently active, install process will be aborted."

Is there any other software that might be giving RTSS the impression I'm running it already?

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, it only looks for the RTSS process in the tasks list, so its clearly running.

17. Unwinder

Instance checking implementation in installer is looking for active window with "RTSS" caption. Do you happen to have a folder called RTSS and have it open while trying to install AB/RTSS?

18. benai4h

benai4h Guest

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64
    That did it. Thanks.

19. Unwinder

20. Unwinder

Reread it slowly a few times please.