Natural & Realistic Lighting for Watch_Dogs

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Danvsw, May 6, 2016.

1. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Amazing. Download link plz.

2. RUDY102

RUDY102 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti 3GB
    But the link is in my post.

3. Anokino

Anokino Guest

GPU:
    GT 630X Mega
    Hi, I have a problem: I installed the mod (with some difficulties) and it seems to work in windowed mode. But I can't put the game in full screen because when I click "apply", the game crash, you have a solution?

4. djsolidsnake86

djsolidsnake86 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7850
    this is the best mod for watch dogs?

5. Bart

Bart Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 8G
    Hi guys,

Is there any file that controls the weather, how much it rains? And did this mod change that file? I feel like it's raining alot less in my game since I have this mod.

6. Chota

Chota Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I am new to mods. I would like to have such a mod for Watch Dogs 2, can I use this one? if not, does anyone know a link or a good looking mod for WD2?
    Thanks.

7. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Hi. Is there any option to bring back normal sharpening in this mod? For me It's the best graphic overhaul for Watch Dogs, but aliasing is killing me. I like more soft image.

8. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    You can reduce sharpening by editing Lumasharpen on the Reshade preset or activating FXAA ingame and maybe FXAA in your gpus control panel in addiction to it.

9. Simplex

Simplex Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti
    Hi, this mod is awesome, but after I installed it, I get frequent shadow flickering - all shadows flicker like crazy for some time, then it stops, then it flickers again.
    Any tips on how to fix it?

10. Anthony Attwood

Anthony Attwood Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 - 6GB
    Hey there, just created this account to let you know how to solve your issue. If you've followed all the other general steps stuch as adding '-disablepagefilecheck' in your launch peramaters via steam launch options or a shortcut target line in its properties, tweaked with graphics settings such as reducing frame buffers to 1 or 5 etc... The best solution that fixed literally every issue I had from my game stuttering while driving and shadows flickering: Launched from GeForce Experience interface after customising my graphics settings in there. You can either go with Nvidia's recommended optimal or set to whatever you prefer but either way somehow launching the game from GeForce Experience actually fixed my issue when nothing else I tried worked.

cybercop12345 and 6135 like this.

11. cybercop12345

cybercop12345 Guest

GPU:
    1050ti
    Hi I have downloaded the mod and I noticed some changes like different camera angle while running and thic blur but I don't see any difference in colors of the game, which is expected of reshades right? Also my laptop does not have a scroll lock so I used my phone as a bluetooth keyboard to press the scroll lock key but it didnt change anything. This my first time trying to mod a game so i am a little confused and any help will be appreciated

12. Shuryu

Shuryu Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 580
    Hello guys, i`ve recently came back to WD and was looking for some graphics overhauls, found this and installed it but there is one problem. Trees looks like they were "ants on them, moving". https://imgur.com/a/JZuQjnF

13. Keiji Kiriya

Keiji Kiriya Guest

GPU:
    32,0 GB RAM
    Just signed in to say thank you for this wonderful and really gorgeous mod. I use the Slow Dry Version.

14. Spidertank

Spidertank Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 760 8gb
    This mod looks fantastic! I downloaded the Lite version since while I have 8 Gb of VRAM, I am on an old GTX 760. I have encountered a problem... No matter what combination of files I use (of those that have been posted across this thread) it is constantly raining in my game. The sky is clear and the sun is shining, but droplets fall on the ground and puddles form. Aiden is constantly being sprayed during cutscenes, even if it's sunny and no other character is getting sprinkled.
    I tried downloading the supposed fix, that Windy_city.xml but I don't see how to apply it. Is it a ReShader only file?

15. bertrenolds5

bertrenolds5 Guest

GPU:
    rx 580
    I just bought this game, finally got it working last night so I could actually play it. There was a language text error. Anyways, I have been reading up on mods and I am def going to install the main mod here on windows 10, hopefully it works without any issues. My question is I also plan to install the living city mod, are there any know issues when installing both of these mods together?
    Update, just tried and they both have seperate patch.dat and patch.fat files and Im not quite sure how to join them. There is an option to dl the loose version of the live city mod made for modders but I have absolutely no idea how to join the two if it's even possible. Looks like I'm going with vosswar natural and realistic mod till i hear back of figure out how to join them. Also I just tried playing and I am getting tons of artifacts and it basically looks horrible on the cut scenes. Like when he first sleeps you see the teddy bear but then its just tons of boxes/artifacts and I cant even see what is going on. I am gonna try the lite version. I am waiting for my new cpu ryzen 5 3600 but currently have a amd 8350 4ghz processor with 16gb of memory but I'm guessing that not enough to run a rx 580 at high or ultra.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Installing lighting mods and graphics enhancements will not change how shallow this game is, what should have been but wasn t

17. Whatevermynameis

Whatevermynameis Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 2GB
    yes there are some issues. Living city mod is not really a complete mod so you encounter bugs every often. Much as I enjoyed it. I had to delete it for the sake of a smooth gameplay. Also after installing that mod, if u ever want to revert back to normal, be sure to disable all the mod configs or u'll never be able to buy guns again due to some weird configs being messed up.
    As for this mod. If u have a RX580 just go for the main version. My pc only have i5 6400 and GTX960 2GB with 8GB RAM yet still run the mod fine at ultra with anti alliasing set to Temporal SMAA.

18. Whatevermynameis

Whatevermynameis Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 2GB
    And pls, is there anyway to increase light in indoor places? it drives me nut when when I step from outdoor to indoor, it becomes completely black no matter how clear u can see it from outdoor. Making navigation a complete blind running experience.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Botan

Botan Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX
    Looks great on my side OP
    Just wanta ask noob question, how do I open the reshade menu that you provided? I tried Shift+F2 & home key & no luck. Scrl lock hotkey to switch reshade is working for me though

20. jungssi

jungssi Guest

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I copied the file properly and also downloaded directx run time(location:appdata/local/temp) and still not working. The game window closes immediately after window comes out.
    I uninstalled(include manually clearing all remaining files) and reintalled it about 3 times and still no clue to fix it. HELP!