Games connect me to servers in different countries

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Goutan, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Good morning.

I have been having an issue where I get connected to servers in asian countries (primarily China) even though I live in the US. My ping in these games is 500+. So far, I've seen the issue in Battlefiend V and Division 2. I am not using a VPN. I've tried resetting my network settings in command prompt and I've even coincidentally moved to a different state and changed my modem + router. When I use whatismyipaddress.com, I see my correct location so clearly certain apps are able to identify where I am. I can't find any information about this issue online so hopefully someone here has an idea.

Thanks!

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Malware most likely mate,, give your PC a scan

3. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I just gave that a go. Nothing came up :(

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    open command prompt or powershell and type tracert 8.8.8.8 (that is googles dns server) see if it makes any weird jumps and note the ip address of the jumps

5. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    The slowest hop was 11ms. It's weird because every test program that I use seems to indicate that everything is fine. Also, every game that I play except for those two seem to work correctly.