Windows 10 [19H1] Build 18358

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • FOR GAMERS: We have addressed an issue with Game Mode that may degrade game streaming and recording quality.
    • Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
      • Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? We’ve added even more slots! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
      • Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out another update later today. To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
    • We fixed an issue that could result in the thumbnails in Alt + Tab sometimes becoming offset.
    • We fixed an issue where certain upgrade paths could result in the contents of the Recycle Bin being left under Windows.old.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in upgrades failing at 18% or 25% and rolling back for some Insiders.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some Insider experiencing green screens with error KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some apps using the Windows Installer failing to install recently.
    Known issues
    • Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
    • We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18358/

2. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Just beat me!

3. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Are they actually going to release with the GSOD bug? I'm not going anywhere near this with those bugs.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  4. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Same as last, but never had any problems.

5. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    No GSODs?

HARDRESET likes this.
  6. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
  7. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    CRACKDOWN 3, will be testing soon!

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Take over if you want, I only post them because no-one else does

HARDRESET and lucidus like this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    There are tons of gsods, he just does not playing games affected. The list is huge.

Strange Times likes this.
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The store app update bug is kinda funny, normally they freeze app updates when they're in the rtm escrow stage anyway :D

11. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    I would stay with 1607 if possible. That was the last truly stutter-free not so much bugged release. The newer builds aren't bringing much to table, except some nasty bugs and features that aren't really that useful.

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    That stutter myth is horrendous. I can't believe people still telling about 1607 or earlier.

13. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Same as last build , no crash so far.

14. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    It's not a myth if it happens. I get some strong stutters every once in an hour with BFV, for example. Sometimes so strong that either the game crash or I get dropped from the server. It doesn't happen on 1607 and not so often in 1703, a bit more often 1709 and for sure with newer builds.

Forza games get some terrible stutters too, Forza 3 hardly get any on 1607, but they happen as well, every once in an hour or so. Seems to be more tied to DirectX 12 games for me, even if I play (whenever possible) in DirectX 11. Other games doesn't to be affected at all.

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    You sure in BFv that it is not standby list commit, that is the only stuttering I see and only shows up in Operations, last day, never see it with shorter time missions (1/2hr).
    But never crashed so not sure on that one, but it seems BFv uses AVX instructions, so make sure your system can handle AVX loads.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DirectX 12 engines have been poorly created in some cases, as shader caching is being done during game play instead of generating them during loading times, this is often the cause of stuttering that disappears after some time, and returns following a client update.

17. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Yep, that's standby list alright. Isn't that the stutter most people talk about? I use that script you can download here in the forums. It mostly solves the problem. Though it creeps in from time to time, like I mentioned; every once in an hour or two. Hardly happens at all on Windows 1703 and 1709.

18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    When we had to play grand operations I used Wagnard ISLC, but since I like Conquest I don't need it there.

19. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    I use the freestandbymemory.bat by Aveyo. It works more or less the same as ISLC on my computer, with the benefit of being not intrusive at all just running in the background silently.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Got the ISO.. going to test it out in a dual boot config.