The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Bosses have to be bullet sponges because this is how these games work. They're a gear check. I played one mission yesterday (bank) and struggled quite a bit. Even the normal enemies were dangerous. I managed to beat the mission after dying a few times on the last boss. Then I played on and went back with a better weapon that I myself crafted. Instead of having 3.7k damage, this one had 4.9k damage. It was a doddle. So yeah, crafting can help quite a lot while leveling.

Also, at end game, you get crafting blueprints through various venues, either Projects or you can buy them each week (vendors have a weekly reset). Many blueprints were really good in the original, people crafting the LVOA-C or M4 Lightweight over and over to get the best weapon possible. Crafting mods is also really good. So yeah, again, you don't know what you're talking about.

I've not played a single mission where enemies would just keep coming until you do something. Please tell me which mission it was that did such a thing to you. There are missions where you have to protect someone but yeah, what's wrong with that. In one mission the poor person you're supposed to protect aggro's the boss. All you have to do is take the aggro off the person and kill the boss. It honestly isn't rocket science.

Well what do you want me to say? You say that this cover shooter forces you to cover. One, there's nothing wrong with that. Also, like I said, all you have to do is craft a weapon of your choice (be it a M60 or Famas or whatever you like) like every 2-3 levels and ideally use the Douglas & Harding brand for the extra damage and whatever other brand set you like.

That's it. The game is easy.

BangTail likes this.
  2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Has anyone got SLI working with Div 2? It worked really nicely on the first game, but doesn't seem to be officially supported.

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Any graphical settings that are worth lowering for a decent FPS gain with minimal quality loss? (I'm playing on 1080p @60fps).

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No support … no surprise :(

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Well, how about you destroy the EMP jammers then?
    Are you even for real? The missions scale to your level! What do you want? Hit lvl 20 and kill lvl 1 mobs?

BangTail likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Sounds like he wants to run around admiring the pretty graphics without that pesky game component interfering.

Maybe he should get a case of beer and just loop the benchmark, much easier.

I've never heard of anyone playing a game they can't stand because 'it looks nice'.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    My first random bug... Somehow the character I created in the morning has now changed from a grizzly white dude to a more oriental/asian looking fella. Not a huge deal but still weird going from a man to Fu-MAN-Chu ( pardon the crap pun ) or something. :p

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    That was actually funny.

Yeah, I don't get it why he is actually playing the game. Because he clearly is. You often see people on the net bashing games for no reason whatsoever and with zero experience with the game, you know, they just jump on the bandwagon of "Diablo 3 is sh1t!!!"

But this guy actually is playing a game he hates.

BangTail likes this.
  9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Quoting myself because my random bug just got more random... Was in the middle of doing a side mission when at the end of it my game crashed, no biggie, re-launch and the game recalled I reached the point where the mission finished and as a bonus, my grizzly white dude that I made is back to his former self, yay!

At this stage I'm fully expecting my character to re-emerge as a pink haired old lady should I crash again.

BangTail likes this.
  10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    question for the nvidia users here - what drivers are you guys using? Any performance improvements worthy to update to latest drivers?

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    latest. But! If the game runs fine and you have no other issue, don't bother.

12. 416.81 and no driver related issues so far

13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Shame that - especially since Div 1 scaled really quite nicely with SLI!

BangTail likes this.
  14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Well the game runs fine for me in DX11, though my FPS is actually better in DX12, except at times I get crazy stutter, as in long pauses during moments. Think I may try with latest drivers and see. Thanks!

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, was one of the best SLI implementations in recent history.

The good thing about this type of game is that you will probably still be playing it when an SLI profile shows up.

That's the thing about story based games that you only play once, by the time the profile shows up, you have long since finished it and moved on to something else.

A little silver lining I guess - assuming they actually provide a profile (I'm guessing they will tbh, when is another story altogether).

16. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Do I get a free trial for this game or no? If so can I has one? lol..

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    There was an open beta beginning of March. You're a bit late.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Btw about SLI: has anyone tried DX11 w/ SLI using bits from Division 1?
    Same engine so in theory could work.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Discovered that turning down resolution scale and volumetric fog helped with FPS quite a bit.

Overall it seems fun so far, though there are definitely annoyances.

WHY isn't there a direct close out of this game.. you have to click to logout and then get to your character screen to fully close the game.. and generally there is a lag as its loading. How have devs not learned?

Also, loot seems pretty tough to come by as you're leveling. I feel as though I've had the same weapon for multiple levels now, and I'm definitely taking time to explore.. just not finding anything worthwhile.
    I'm finding I'm already eager to move on past just slaying hyenas all night long.

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    If you want out of the game quickly, just type /quit in the chat and thats meant to close the game.

As for loot, you have to explore a bit and go off the beaten path to find stuff. I found plenty by exploring a bit on my way to a mission, nothing noteworthy thus far though but a lot of its been upgrades.

My annoyance is crashes atm, it wasn't too bad initially, I played plenty last night and only had 1 but just now had another when I just went to muck around a bit. Gonna keep an eye on those and change back to DX11 if it keeps happening to see if that sorts em out while waiting for a patch.