Overview of Zen 2 / Ryzen 3000 processors spotted online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Hifihedgehog, Silva, Embra and 2 others like this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Can't wait for announcement, and later of course, benchmarks. Still curious to see what IPC we will be looking at with Zen 2 / Ryzen 3k

airbud7 likes this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Pricing seem to be more or less matching previous Singpore store leak.

Ryzen 3 3300 got cheaper though, $111 from $118.

waltc3 and fantaskarsef like this.
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    3700x will be my CPU of choice if all is true. Absolutely Fantastic value for all-rounder usage.

So far however all the leaks on par with information from Adored from several months back is shaping up to be true.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I share your opinion, I'm also keeping my eye on the 3700X. Not that I fancy 12 cores (or even 24 threads) for my usage, I hope the clock rates are somewhat true, boosting to 5GHz, and even more with XFR if cooling's working properly. maybe even disable SMT for a bit of extra OC... who knows! Very curious to see it happen.

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Ability to run 5ghz with AIO on top should mean stable clocks. Pair it with high-speed ram- 7nm IPC improvements, and we have ourselves a treat here. I doubt there will be a need even to OC it.

I mainly play older games and strategies, and most of them run on 1-2 cores at best. So the higher the clocks, the better in that case. Overall for non-work usage this CPU should last for years.

Perhaps we have ourselves a new i7-2600k on the horizon?

anders190 and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, it all depends on what we're really going to see in terms of clocks and IPC. I'm already searching for IPC benchmarks because I can't get my mind off of my aging 5930K...
    Well, on 1440p, I don't really happen to be too limited, and if the new Ryzen CPUs perform and stay fresh for a bit, I might indeed keep it for longer, not really happy with Intel, not getting security updates (Spectre fixes) anymore etc.

8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Man if march really is inital launch, that's worst case for intel, insufficent 14nm capacity + the lack of 10nm chips just leaves intel basically frozen, unable to react, cant cut prices, and cant produce new products in any volume.

What i would give to see the faces of intel's upper management if they do a surprise launch.

fantaskarsef and Embra like this.
  9. anders190

anders190 Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Phoenix GS
    I really hope for a reveal or even launch now in March. I was expecting summer so this looks good so far. I do look forward the reviews on 3700, 3700X and 3800X since those are what I'm likely to upgrade to.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    At 1440p your CPU is perfectly capable. I assume you have it oc'ed to 4.3-4.5 area. That in no way should limit you anywhere. And even if you upgrade to best of the best right now, max performance increase for you would be 10-15% tops.

Besides, it's a 6Core CPU. ;)

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, it is... but I'm running at stock :D
    Reason is, my IMC has issues with 32GB of RAM, can't drive it at 3200MHz... so for stability's sake, I left it at stock, as well as the RAM at JEDEC specs (2133MHz).
    It's still fast enough though, compared to HH's benches for instance, I do get the numbers. I did plan to overclock again though when I finally get some stuff I ordered for my rig, waiting three weeks for shipping already... but when I get the package, I'll probably need a whole weekend to OC again etc.

If the performance is right then, I might skip until Ryzen 4k / Zen 2+, but the itch is strong :D

cryohellinc likes this.
  12. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    I also think the ANN will be before computex, already most of the boards got new bios with Ryzen 3000 support, so no way they released the bios update more then 2 month ahead.
    Surprise ANN incoming!

13. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Makes sense. Ditch the 32gb ram, 16 is easier to make compatible + you can OC it resulting in overall improved performance.

Well in my case, I actually sold my whole rig, as I was planning to move abroad, however, magically the moment you tell your employer you are leaving, you become significantly more valuable for the company (magic).
    Instead, I'm sitting on a laptop now, but tbh the only things I miss from my rig is pg348q and my 1080Ti (I'm still surprised how well it performs in comparison to this new generation).

So let's see what this year brings to us in terms of new hardware. Fingers crossed for something actually Good from Intel with all their cash.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    Upgrading from my aging i5 3550s 4c/4t 3 GHz to a Ryzen 5 3600 8c/16t @ 4.4 GHz (plus OC of course) would be quite sufficient for me for a 3-4 years i think, without costing too much.

So i'm patiently waiting for Zen 2 too.

15. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes I figured as much as well in regards to those 32GB RAM. And I have to admit, I overestimated the 5930K's memory controller... not the strongest of it's kind I have to say.
    It's also a general funny thing that they advertise the mainboards and CPUs with being capable of handling 64GB, the mainboards up to 128GB (X99), and yet they struggle at driving 32GB at 3200MHz. I don't even want to try getting 64GB to run on my CPU, I already had to up the SA voltage considerably to even be able to see all sticks with only 2133MHz applied...

Well, I do hope your employer invests a bit more into his work force, so you can buy yourself a new rig soon, some gaming's always nice ;)

cryohellinc likes this.
  17. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    And I'm sure you won't have to. 32gb is already overkill, 64gb is purely for some form of work,

I want to see how next Zen handles fast ram, as if you pair say 3700x with 4k+ ram, hell, that will be a beast. But overall even judging from my friends 2700x, the platform is maturing well.
    Amen to that!

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    This is probably the best news for anno 2019. It was about time for "AMD" to rise again with Zen 2 and now it's coming even closer to "Intel" with the new 7 nm CPU's. I really hope that sooner, rather than later "AMD" will come up with high performance high end graphics and be competitive in the "GPU" segment against "Nvidia" too

19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i am so drooling over the 3600 !

H83 and Silva like this.
  20. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    3700X for me, i'll put it in my ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and see how it does intill the reviews to come out for the X570 mobo come out and get the best one. my R7 1700 @ 4GHz does alright but more the merrier if the 3700X is like the 2700X no point in overclocking it just let it do it's thing since high turbo is needed for games. If it's 15% IPC increase and if it can hit 4.8GHz then thats still a 35% increase in performance which will be quite noticeable, since i play allot of RTS games so a high IPC and clock speed on the CPU helps. I am using Corsair SK Hylix memory and i have been lucky to get that to 3200MHz at CL15, would like some 3600MHz memory with CL14 maybe 16GB DIMM's for 32GB but that will be dual sided so i don't think that would be possible on a Ryzen.