Intel Teases Its New Intel Graphics UI

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    [​IMG]
    p.s. fingers crossed for Intel on this one. GPU market badly needs competition.

Maddness, Clawedge, airbud7 and 4 others like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I hope they're not teasing a new launcher by the looks of it...

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Would be nice to have a better priced alternative (competition brings down prices). Kind of tired of paying large sums of cash to Nvidia each time just to keep my games playing at 4k ultra 60fps.

5. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    You can't keep the games at 4K ultra 60 fps even with 2080Ti. And yes, it would be nice to have a better priced alternative, but I wouldn't expect this to be from Intel. But hell, I wish you were right.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Actually yeah I can. Overclocked 2080ti is doing great so far.

7. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    4K is easy enough for a 2080ti, I run 3x 2k monitors and BF1 runs around 70+fps most of the time.

8. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    Intel... powered by AMD. :D

9. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Fixed it.

Maddness, chispy and Duke Nil like this.
  10. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    Excited about an interface for lame onboard graphics? lol
    Only be excited when they can compete with Nvidia, until then, nothing else really matters honestly.

lucidus likes this.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A geforce experience clone? *shrugs*

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Sweet!

I love my Intel graphics.

13. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    really hate intel. i want to love them, i really do. Lenovo laptop seemed sweet at first, then the meltdown/spectre bug hit intel the worst with up to 30% performance decrease. then I learned my Quadro m500m couldn't output stereo 3d like it's supposed to because intel IGP is the one connected to the hdmi output and intel doesn't want to let you get the most out of your dedicated GPU. then i learned I can't even get sound output to normal hdtv in ffxiv online via hdmi cable (only visual. have to use the old school stereo red/white output and hope the display still has one of those. among other games that do this probably). then I learned it was making my colors grey/brown because of like 5-10 different crappy power gimping options in like 3-5 convoluted menus. honestly I don't understand why I even need an IGP other than the fact that it's manufactured that way for idiots who don't think they need a dedicated GPU

not sure what people are wishing for here it looks like they put a skin on their B.S. software and i'm sure that's all this is about. maybe they finally broke 1 gig of vram in a pointless IGP ~ whoopey.

dream scenario: they come up with a comparable dedicated GPU and drive prices down. fix their hdmi handshake B.S. where the IGP's hdmi output gets in the way of dedicated cards' rendering and sound capabilities. converge all the power options into one on/off switch. fix issues where it's preferring the IGP over dedicated when it shouldn't. make updating graphics software cleaner/easier/faster. put the IGP to work doing PhysX or anything to work in parallel with dedicated gpu aside from basic OS functions. and a free triple A steam game to compensate for all of the disappointment over predictable meltdown/spectre design flaws and hdmi glitches and crap colors by default all of which should have been better planned or avoided. then and only then would I consider deliberately putting a piece of intel hardware in my machines. also their stock is overpriced. lol

but I sincerely doubt it. pretty sure it's just a dumb skin. lol

. . . end of rant. lol

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    That`s not the NVidia`s fault that you want to play only at 4k ultra. :cool:

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    AMD modernised the UI, now Intel is doing the same... Nvidia nah we will stick to the same UI since the 90's!!!

Agonist and Ulenn like this.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    REfixed :D

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's been the same for what feels like over 15 years. What pisses me off the most about it is, it always has a several second delay before launching. Always has, regardless of system/hardware.

Agonist, Ulenn and Dazz like this.
  18. DinJerr McGraw

DinJerr McGraw Guest

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2060
    I hope it includes another overlay, so that I can add to the existing GFE, Windows Gaming, Steam and Dolby Audio notifications that pops up whenever I start a game.

19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    4k is pretty much standard now. Nothing wrong with that. Not complaining either. My 2080ti does fine for what I want it to do. Just wish there was more competition and choices.

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    While I do think you are right, 4K is not yet the standard in PC gaming, far from it actually if you look at what panels are actually used in surveys. With media... yeah it gets there, but not really as fast as I'd have thought, tbh. Of course, productivity immensely profits from 4K. I hope soon we'll get 4K/144Hz GPUs that can drive that eye candy

HonoredShadow likes this.