The Geforce GTX 1660 Ti thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jbscotchman, Mar 2, 2019.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  2. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    I'm so super happy with my 1660ti 6GB 3xWindforce OC for just 300euro shipped

since my screen 50" (couch/bed gaming with a controller and single player only lover) is only FullHD 60hz so i don't need more power, now ALMOST EVERYTHING runs flawless on Ultra with a few minor exception and most of those it's easy enough for me turn those down (as I really cant friggin see the difference!!!)

1 thing i do see, the Volumetric Clouds in AssCreed Odyssee i put the on high instead of Ultra... so Fekking what :D
    Have to say these look amazeballs in Ultra, but it's not worth the impact!

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Got mine earlier today and have been benchmarking everything I can think of. Overall I'm very pleased, 20 to even 40 percent improvements in many games over my 1060 6gb. One thing I did notice in a few benchmarks especially Unigine Heaven is that the metal surfaces seem to be more brighter and vibrant overall with a subtle different glare to them. Now I know this is a GTX card but it's still a Turing card so maybe some of those new shader enhancements are popping up. Anyway I'm really digging it and for $279 it's an awesome deal for anyone using 1080p looking for an upgrade.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Halfmead likes this.
  4. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Yup your 1060 6GB was already what i was planning to buy as a replacement for AMD R9 280X 3G but damn a 2ndhand electronics store in my area asked 250euro for it.... THEY ARE FECKING NUTS... now for 50euro more, i have all I can dream of for the next few years (i'm quickly satisfied since i did 3yrs with my previous card lol)

jbscotchman likes this.

5. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Got my Inno3d twinx2 1660 ti 3 days ago... paid 307,50 Euro (Silly Danish tax/vat) .

Playing with OC atm. seems pushing it to +225/+1500 is a no go lol... was nice to see those 2305Mhz just prior to the black screen tho :D

Now got it stable at +135 / 800 @950Mv. (can push higher and stable if i adjust the voltage curve, i just prefer a little extra with less heat/noise)

Super happy with it, maybe i should try hooking it up to the 55 inch lol. but seriously, it runs the games i play at 1440p at 75 fps, thats all i ask ;)

jbscotchman likes this.
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Glad to see this topic here, thank you for making it guys, will be closely following it.

I recently sold my whole rig as I was planning to move, however, plans have changed and now I'm on a lookout for a new rig.
    Zen 2 (unless something drastically changes) will be at its heart, however, GPU wise this gen I want to settle for something mediocre - and I'm divided between 2060 / 1660Ti and (possibly) whatever Navi will be.

Halfmead and airbud7 like this.
  7. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Well..... I finally got a chance to do some gaming with the 1660Ti... Not impressed. First game up was DA2. Not a very graphics heavy game, really. My RX470 4GB managed 56FPS....my 1660Ti 6GB manages a whopping 58FPS at the exact same settings, according to Fraps. For the record, I'm not playing at 1080 and I have the High-Res texture pack. I used VSR with the RX470 to increase the resolution to 2560x1440. So, only seemed fair to use DSR with the 1660Ti to do the same. I gained 2 FPS and the image quality is horrendous.... The game is very blurry and hard to play. Tonight I'll load up DA:O and give it a run, though I won't be taking framerate into account with DA:O as I've never run Fraps with DA:O before and have no reference. I've considered testing with TL and TL2.....but I haven't seen framerates below 200FPS in TL for several years and I've never worried about framerates in TL2 because the game has run smooth on every video card I've used. At some point I'll try to work in BF4, ME2 and SimCity. SimCity should be interesting since I've yet to experience "smooth" gameplay on any card yet....lol

9. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    @sykozis

Hmmm... that stomps me, i have very good results (or... a little better than expected) with the card.
    Can i ask, how come you do not use Afterburner/RTSS as OC/OSD ? i thought Fraps was dead :p

10. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    here's my stable curve/settings @950Mv (Normal idle are 300Mhz core/405Mhz mem and 656Mv.)
    [​IMG]

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Make sure you have the latest version of Windows 10 installed and the latest video driver 425.31 installed. A 1660 Ti should be smoking the hell out of your RX470.

cryohellinc likes this.
  12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Precisely. @sykozis there is something on your side, double check all of the connections/ if GPU is seated properly. What is your PSU? And have you previously properly cleaned drivers and updated them accordingly?

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm very tempted right now... :p

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I use Fraps because I have it....and because I needed something to compare to AMD's own OSD without causing problems. As I never had a need to OC my RX470, and AMD's own software has such ability built in, I had no need for Afterburner. Whether Fraps development is dead or not, I'm unaware. The software still functions as intended though. For the sake of consistency, I see no reason to replace Fraps.

AMD's own software allows for fan control, GPU overclock, VRAM overclock, framerate limit, OSD, recording...... There's really little reason for anyone running an AMD card to use Afterburner. AMD even allows "per game" overclocks....lol

I really did expect more of this 1660Ti. I'm in the process of testing with other games at this time. I was intending to test with BF4 tonight, but there appears to be an issue with my Origin account that I need to get sorted....

airbud7 and Halfmead like this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    ^^Man I hate to say it but at this point I would reformat and re-install windows. Something's not right and I really don't think it's the 1660 Ti. Ironically I was playing BF4 just earlier and it's getting like 150-200fps at 1080p, ultra settings.