Support Plan for 3DVision Products (RIP)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4781

Following the posting of the final driver from Release 418 in April 2019, GeForce Game Ready Drivers will no longer support NVIDIA 3D Vision. The NVIDIA support team will continue to address critical driver issues for 3D Vision in Release 418 through April, 2020. Those looking to utilize 3D Vision can remain on a Release 418 driver.

Our software that enables the use of 3D gaming with 3D TVs, 3DTV Play, is now included for free in Release 418. It is no longer available as a standalone download. Our 3D Vision Video Player will continue to be offered as a standalone download, for free, until the end of 2019.

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    That's kind of stupid they would just rather rip it out entirely rather than leaving it in the driver and simply support what's left of it as-is with future GPUs.
    Shame about another feature left in the dust by Nvidia.

3. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Simply a stupid move. 3D gaming it's a Fact!
    I personally play in 3d a lot of games and I really enjoy the experience

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    They are...until the end of 2020...At some point, you have to cut your losses when the user base is shrinking and so are titles. It's unfortunate, but what choice do they have?

5. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    good... 3d is completely dead

6. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    3D itself is a niche gimmick, even more so in gaming and it's slowly dying out pretty much everywhere.

7. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    3D is nice yes, 2 years ago i had a 120hz samsung 3d monitor 3dvision compatible and a new 3ds xl, i really loved the 3d, but sadly the problem with 3d is that you need nearly perfect vision, i don't have that, i always needed my glasses to play those things and without glasses they end me giving me headaches or sometimes the 3d effect is too strong even with the lowest presets, not all people have good eyes, specially people who like games, so is really sad but was obvious that 3d was going to die.

8. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    For all the user's who knock it just don't install it . I still enjoy it more then my VR setup.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  9. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Gutted in a way as I have all the 3d gear but must admit I haven't used it for a while, I think the last game I played in 3d was Crysis 3. One annoying thing about 3d being dropped is I always had issues with gsync being enabled all the time when using gsync mode, even on the desktop where I don't want it enabled, I know the trick about assigning the windows desktop manager executable to fixed refresh but that trick never worked right for me unless I first went through the 3d setup after installing a new driver, going back to gync mode and then setting the desktop windows manager to fixed refresh & then gysnc worked as I wanted it to as in only turning on when gaming so with 3d being dropped I'll have to find another way to get gync mode working only when gaming and not on the desktop.

As for nvidia saying that those who want to make use of 3d vision can remain a 418 driver, well that's all well and good until a future games comes out that 3d users want to play which requires the latest driver to work, will be such a chore to keep swapping drivers when someone wants to utilize 3d!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Hehehe glad I sold my 3dvision gear last year

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    3D was dead on arrival and has since been replaced by VR, but I don't care much for that either. VR works well for sim-racing, but all it ever did was to make me nauseous and the HW requirements are ludicrous.

12. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Does this mean they'll finally get rid of the stupid 3d vision files in the drivers? Kinda wish I had the option to just install the raw video drivers without the telemetry and other services. Installing update from hardware devices just doesn't work right.

13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    It's obviously not otherwise people still wouldn't be working hard to make stuff like this.
    http://helixmod.blogspot.com/
    It may be niche but it's still there. Plus it essentially paved the way for VR. Which is great, but VR still has so many problems.
    I think 3D is great, never have had the real chance to get really into it though aside from the 3DS which I love. (The only downside being the low framerates and the low resolution)