Need advice on aio liquid cooling for ryzen 2700x

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by kilyan, Mar 6, 2019.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Hi guys, thanks for the terrible Anthem game optimization my cpu reaches 80 degrees celsius Tdie temp on air with wraith prism cooler in winter!!!!. So if the game won't change, in the summer i won't be able to play, if eventually the game will get better that how it is now (bad). The fan speed is max i think 3000 rpm. I have this temp only with this game, usually my temps don't go above 60 degrees. So what liquid cooling system do you suggest?
    my complete config is:
    CPU:AMD RYZEN 2700X NO MANUAL OC+wraith prism rgb stock cooler
    RAM: 2X8 16GB FLARE-X 3200MHZ XMP PROFILE
    MOBO: X470 TAICHI WITH LATEST BIOS 2.0
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    PSU: ANTEC EDGE 650W 80+ GOLD
    CASE: CM 690 III Advanced

chispy likes this.
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

May i suggest a 280mm Rad or 360mm Rad based system as i know how hot 2700x 16 threads can run sometimes depending on the game , here are my best options in my opinion:

1. Corsair Hydro Series H115Pro 280mm - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181138&ignorebbr=1

2. eVGA CLC 280mm - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835288008&ignorebbr=1

3. Swiftech H360x3 ( you can expand and add water blocks later on with this open AIO loop ) - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108223&ignorebbr=1

4. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ring RGB 360mm - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8EF5V03102&ignorebbr=1

3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I'm not sure about any AIO. They are good, no doubt, but I will go with good air-cooling anytime over any AIO. There are many comparisons online, that show they are the same in performance if not better. Right now I am running my 2700x with the Noctua NH U12 SE AM4 in push & pull configuration with a second (the same) Noctua NF-F12PWM 120mm fan. It is an amazing cooler, and not the biggest nor the most expensive one out there. I paid for mine, plus the second fan, 70 euros here in Germany.

My temps never go over 62 in full load on the CPU.

Also these days, with AIOs you are basically playing the lottery, with the number of failing pumps, noise and so on.

If I would go with some AIO, I would also go as said before, with something with 360 rad, to have better cooling and the lowest noise possible.

Choices are basically limitless.

4. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    My current airflow has a 200mm fan in front panel intake, 1 exaust rear 120 and 2 140 exaust top.
    So you suggest to stay on air? noctua d15 could be also a valid alternative?

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I think you should consider all the possibilities. The d15 it‘s one of the best air coolers out there, but its size should be taken into consideration, as well as the ram clearing.

I had all kind of cooling solutions for many many years. There is no clear winner out there, as we are all different and want and like different things.

Full water loop for cpu + gpu is the ultimative solution for when you want the lowest temps, but you have to pay a premium price for that.

I had used all solutions, and air is still the best solution for me. It’s cool, silent and durable, also no worries or need to maintain :D

Hope this helps you to make a decision.

6. Tsenng

Tsenng Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 AMP
    I have a EK predator AIO 260 rad on my 4Ghz ryzen 5 1600. Full load in Anthem with auto fan +pump i run about 63ish degrees celcius. This same kit also used to cool my GTX 980TI on the same loop and it worked fine. Just do not buy the cheapest AIO watercoolers as they do not cool very well and are noisy. If you have room in the cabinet a Noctua D15 is nice but as the others write here watch the space for ram etc.

Water AIO cooling can make your machine quiet and cool but it also depends on what type of cooler your GFX card has. (i use my rad in top of cabinet with fans pulling air up through the cabinet)

7. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Well now that i found the problem i get the same temps on anthem as you on stock air.
    just turned the top fans so they blow air into the case and not out, and the temp went immediately down the 20° c i was getting with the wrong airflow