Download: Afterburner 4.6.0 Beta 16 build 14806 - more Radeon VII and a new skin!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Please reread it carefully, I spend a few _days_ before releasing each new version to document every single change:

- Multilanguage user interface library is DPI aware now. Main window skinned interface is no longer being scaled by OS and no longer looks blurred by default when greater than 100% DPI is selected. Now main skinned window interface can be manually zoomed with skin scaling slider in “User interface” tab, and the properties are automatically scaled by OS according to selected DPI

2. h4nni

h4nni Guest

GPU:
    -
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Unwinder

Thanks, profiles list was supposed to be scaled too so it will be fixed.

4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks for the great app been using it since the RivaTuner days, my system is old, running 2 Titan X Maxwell cards, and there have been no issues up until this version. With this update I will get server audio issues, loud crackles, beeps, etc, and its in any game, so basically as soon as my graphics cards are overclocked. If I go back to version 4.5 with the same settings, all is fine. Running Windows 10 1809, all the latest updates installed. Sound card is an X-fi pci card.

5. Unwinder

You’re free to stay on 4.5.0 if you bleive that 4.6.0 is broken. Cannot help younwith that, sorry.

6. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well 4.6 affects audio 4.5 does not, maybe something with Maxwell based cards I don't know, all I am doing is providing feedback.

7. Unwinder

I get such feedback with absolutely every new released version, seeing users claiming that previous version overclocked better and so on. And I'm pretty sure that when I release 4.7 I'll read that 4.6 was better. That's not a kind of feedback I find useful (considering that I SEE changes list between the versions) and that's not a feedback which may result in providing any help to you.
    I don't want to spend the last weekend on debating about something useless, sorry. If you believe so - use previous version. No need to continue please.

fry178 and warlord like this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @Unwinder Hahahahaha you spoke the truth. Users always seek updates but when they are available, previous versions have more hype than newer ones. As I said with their attitude here, you are a hero when you listen to them. Personally, I never had any issue, because since the first version of this app, I always use humanlike settings and I have earthly expectations. Relax, and do your work with ease. Peace.

9. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    "Added fan control support for AMD Adrenalin 2019 drivers family."

Thank you so much ! Now Afterburner's custom fan curve works like a charm on my RX 480 :D

10. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    What are the requirements for this app? I get some stupid vague error about some parallel configuration.
    Some directx whatnot is missing or some .net version? I wish the app would include a check and an explanation...

11. Unwinder

"Stupid vague error about some parallel configuration" is message from missing Microsoft Visual C++ runtimes. And they are installed with application unless some "power" user decide to cancel required component installation.

12. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    Thanks for the answer.
    It wasn't installed. There isn't even an option to not install it as far as I see. I can't even install them manually. For Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update I get a 2203 error on installation.
    These are the logs, no errors were thrown:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V1pteU1u-9g2-SsiIhy5t21tO_CmbdgA

13. Unwinder

Broken OS that refuse to install Microsoft runtimes is offtopic for this thread. It doesn't depend on AB and should be solved in different places.

14. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    MS is a broken OS, and the only one Afterburner runs on... (sometimes)

15. Unwinder

You've to solve problem with your OS yourself, sorry. It is not AB related thing.

16. rpgarry

rpgarry Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 Super 4GB.
    200% scaling is too small for 3840x2160, 300% would be much better that's what Windows 10 recommends for 3840x2160.

17. soldiermxdeath

soldiermxdeath Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8 GB
    This version doesn't work with Wolfenstein 2 the new Colossus. It doesn't show the fps, frame time, cpu temp, etc.

18. Unwinder

RTFM, it is documented in release notes.

19. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    In case anyone has similar problems, it was a problem with the system temporary folder. (Which didn't exist)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Unwinder likes this.
  20. Unwinder

Solving the problem yourself then sharing solution with others is always a good thing. Thanks.

mzso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.