Download: MSI AfterBurner 4.6.0 Final build 14820

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 7, 2019.

1. oli3

oli3 Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    So what is the command for silent start then? You don't mention that anywhere.

And what is the list of DirectX runtimes? If there is something missing then anyone who gets this message can just install that runtime.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You DON'T need a silent start, it is a power user switch and power users are able to read documentation without me forcing them to do so multiple times in a row. You NEED to updated DirectX runtimes to the latest versions.

GSDragoon likes this.
  3. oli3

oli3 Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    What is the power user switch?

4. Unwinder

Once again, you DON'T need that. That warning is displayed for reason, if you just suppress that message you'll have guaranteed problems with rendering OSD in raster and vector 3D modes in some applications.

5. oli3

oli3 Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Gotch ya.
    Latest DirectX Runtime web installer fixed it. All you had to say was download that. Maybe update your manual or you else risking having to dance this dance again.

6. Unwinder

No need to tell me what I had to say. I have my own reasons ;) All you had to do is to read release notes since the beginning. Some people do learn to fish when you're offering them fishing rod. Others say "nope, you just had to give me my roasted fish".

HARDRESET likes this.
  7. oli3

oli3 Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I hope you like fishing because this won't be the last you hear about this, I am positive! Your support is abysmal tbf, granted you do this for free and have an awesome application but come on man, like seriously you're just shouting at everyone in this thread. Get some sleep or something, let's all just calm down a bit.

8. Unwinder

Statements about "abysmal support" from EVGA card owners are ironic, if not say more. I guess I should take a lesson from them, and just like the developer of EPX1 __never__ even bother to post anything in the forum so you stay with your issues alone. Heh.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks!

10. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Much appreciated! :)

11. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I received a error also but i was able to ignore it

I wish i could get this to work for Forza Horizon 4

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Thank you for your continued effort with this Unwinder, it’s greatly appreciated!

13. Unwinder

You won't be able to get it working with FH4 until Microsoft allow that. RTSS blacklists hooking for FH4 completely because retail game's protective system just kills game process at start as soon as any third party hook is injected in it. It doesn't even apply to overlay hooks, even security apps (like some antiviruses) may cause FH4 to crash at startup when they are running in background.

14. danielkza

danielkza Guest

GPU:
    Shappire HD4830
    I'm also observing the UAC blocking of RTSS after the last MSI Afterburner update. I'm not sure what makes the issue hard to reproduce, but I can do any debug steps that help with figuring out what the issue is.

15. Unwinder

Probably it is total lack of issue on majority of systems including all of our own PCs with up to date official legal copies if Windiws 10 installations (including fresh ones)? It is always amazing me how people beleive that issues specific to their systems should be visible to everyone and lazy developers just do not even try to reproduce it.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...est-win-10-update-7-3-19.425645/#post-5647889

16. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    So I'm late to the party on this, but WTF scanline sync is amazing! There has gotta be a downside to this black magic right? Why would you not use this for everything... It's blowing my mind. Also means I can hang onto my regular 60hz monitor for a while longer.

17. Unwinder

Downside is that it requires extra GPU power and some understanding for proper configuration. And configuration is system/application specific.

18. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Have yet to see any downsides of my limited testing of games that has always giving me tearing issues like in Slay the Spire, my GPU usually has lots of room to flex since its always limited by my monitor (not a 4k), with configurations I've just been making sure that vsync and the like are disabled for the application, that's about it honestly, seems super simple. One thing I haven't been doing is checking the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" on the .exe that Windows likes to do, I suppose it's recommend to disable this? I've been getting great results so far with it left on, but if I see a problem it'll be the first thing I turn off to see if problem persists. Either way, a very cool feature and definitely the highlight of this release for me.