Windows 10 KB4482887 update can degrade graphics perf / gaming

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Aaaaaand again.

airbud7 and XenthorX like this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Looks like i haven't installed this one yet, this update is still currently deploying ?

4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    You got it M$!

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    .Sounds like more stripes more Adidas to me.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Saw that yesterday but didnt give it much thought since playing FC New Dawn without issues.

7. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    Not f----- again. I had problems with Farcry 5 dropping FPS now I no why. uninstalled back to normal. This company needs to get its act together.

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    We don't need bleeding edge performance. We need a steady stable and reliable system for all workloads and workarounds. By the end of the day, windows 10 never stopped being in a beta stage. Fire the whole team together with their Nutella eh, their ceo Nadella I mean.

Order_66 likes this.
  9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

It don't affect me, nor my friends, but some dude on Twitter says he is affected.

Uninstall immediately, I say. o_O

mbk1969 likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Microsoft was fairly quick with pushing out .349 on release preview via KB4492978 after .348 and the above KB for the regular branch, wonder if that's in response to this issue though that's hard to say. Retpoline sounds useful too but it's not enabled per default just yet and the KB pages mostly has a number of highlighted issues and then the KB file itself and update touches upon files that does who knows what so probably the usual fair number of unlisted changes and minor fixes and who knows what kind of regression those might lead to at times.

Will be interesting to see what the highlight for next weeks monthly update will be, guessing .350 or higher and some additional fixes from the current insider update hopefully also resolving whatever is going on with this problem in the process.

EDIT: Certain games like Destiny 2, wonder if there's some common factor for it.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4482887

11. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    Kinda funny how people jump all over Microsoft when something isn't working right, Like its easy to get windows working without problems on all the different configurations out there. I dont care how many people and resources they have some of you act likes it so simple.

mbk1969 likes this.
  12. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Thats Windows 7 for you...

And Microsoft issues a fix just because of the twitter post,makes sense dude.

Really, I wanted to wait for Win10 untill it exits this beta stage, but it has been years and nothing reall changed!!! And same old problems persists.. few days back my friend left his pc do the heavy workload during the night and MS decided its the BEST time to unstall a update! He found his PC crippled at the morning... yay.

Im very satisfied with win 7 still. Yes, im in a stone age!! For sure!! Nothing better than be "in" with Win10

Order_66 likes this.
  13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

You couldn't make it up.

14. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    In reality this only happens if you just blatantly ignore updates. If you keep them in mind and just perform them when its convenient to you without delaying them for days, it never disrupts anything.

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is not quite bad as people make things up, but it is unacceptable for a corporation to accept that situation anymore. There are thousands programmers with MSc and hundreds engineers with DSc that could make our lives better. Those punks at MS are either uneducated or incompetent people.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Mine didnt even update. Im still on .316

Wolfskin07 likes this.
  17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    laughs in windows 7

__hollywood|meo likes this.
  18. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    Now we know why Bill Gates said F this. M$ has gone down hill ever since. Pure trash after Windows 7. My solution. Disable windows updates and all services. Not any issues.

When one the of the richest guys in the world just decides to leave his own company he built that made him a billionaire.... something is really really wrong.

Order_66 likes this.
  19. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    If you haven't gotten the update yet...great. Mine installed earlier in the week. So I uninstalled the update...after reboot...My Windows 10 1809 was reverted all the way back to 17763.1 What a joke! I lost every update I have done since day 1

Undying likes this.
  20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Same just happened here ffs :/