How to recover files if..

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by blackheart, Nov 8, 2003.

1. blackheart

blackheart Member Guru

GPU:
    9600GT 512MB GDDR3
    the bin is already emptied? Can anyone tell me how to recover files that have been deleted from the recycle bin? I got an important file that I accidentally deleted, and I just emptied the recycle bin.

2. Titan

Titan Guest

im not sure where they are stored, but you could do a system restore...that might recover the file.

3. zodiac_hl

zodiac_hl Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GT
  4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm
    I use this myself, there's a catch: the drive you need to recover cannot ahve this program installed on it. (Slave it to another system with this program installed). It works pretty well, esp for free
    Also, stop using the computer that data is on ASAP, every second you use it the more corrupt the data file will become.

5. blackheart

blackheart Member Guru

GPU:
    9600GT 512MB GDDR3
    Thanks for all replies. I tried all of them but none works for me.

nm+ : That looks like a very good tool, unfortunately I only have I drive. and I've been using this computer all the time after the file got deleted so I think its too late to retrive it now. Thanks for the tip.

6. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    I use 'Norton Utilities: Unerase Wizard'. It did the job, But I only used it a few times.