Devil May Cry 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    IGN gave it a 9.5

Looks like another hit for capcom.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Another GOTY contender? i do not think anyone saw this coming.

BangTail likes this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @cerebus23

Yah, I was actually thinking I was going to skip this, guess I was wrong.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So does it have microtransactions?

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @lucidus

Oh yes, big style.

Sadly.

But the general consensus seems to be that the game is very good regardless.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmmm ... deep discount purchase then. Thanks.

BangTail and cerebus23 like this.
  8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    This would be my first game in this franchise if I ever bought it. In this case I feel like I "should have" experienced at least the first or the second game back when they were new to be interested in this one. Because when I look at gameplay previews (especially thanks to the demo) the only thing I'm seeing that seems to sort of distinguish this game for its own sake is the combo system during combat. And... well maybe also it's flashy? Now obviously I'm not 'attached' to any of those characters that are apparently "iconic" in the industry. I never played a single one of the DMC games so when I see their face or hear their name I can only shrug and wonder. I'm mentioning this because any fans who couldn't wait for a return of 'X' character in this game will probably go bunkers and yell "Oh DANTE buddy! It's been so long!!!". In cases like that I can understand the excitement. But in my case whenever I'd first load up the first level I'll only be thinking "Ok so... who are you?".

I think I'll just go on some Wikia pages to read about those games' lore and characters first. That's the least I think I should do first. Not sure if it'd be a good idea to jump in the 5th game of a franchise when you never played a single one of the previous games before. I'll think about it. I do like the art / visual style and... it's Capcom; they do tend to make enjoyable games is the least I can say (at least recently). I absolutely loved MHW even though I stopped playing it (just had my fill and moved on, but I really liked it a lot), and RE2 Remake was very good.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea this is a series that you kinda need to have followed to be invested in.

though i am sure there are lore videos and whatnot that could catch you up.

but if you like action games? well hang the story watch a video and smack the living hell out of stuff when you not blasting it in the face.

besides i think i played DMC 4 way back in the the day and literally remember jack all about it other than i finished it it was fun to play through i could not recall ANY detail about the story though.

2 of the 3 characters seem like they nail the action game aspect and kinda miss with the 3rd maybe they can patch up that one to buff the critters speed he summons or something to make that class a bit more "immediate." with enough variety between all 3 to make it interesting.

I would just find a lore video or few about the prior games if i wanted to check this out.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Pre-loaded and ready to go :)
    The hype is real!

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Bought a copy, hope the port proves at least somewhat competent..

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I haven't played any of the previous games either but I played the demo on PS4 and liked it for its gameplay and as you said, it's flashy. You'll probably like it and you can always read up on a wiki if you don't understand something. I just know who Dante is because of the drama around DmC :p

13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Thing is, while I get the problems of DmC (the reboot), it wasn't a bad game. Far from that. Even as a Devil May Cry-style hack'n'slash it was quite good. Thing is, when you start resetting established characters for no reason, you'll get pushback. There was no real reason to reset the world, and sadly the new/reset characters fell flat a lot of the time. Also, the final bosses sucked big time (underwhelming and easy).

Still, I don't think that it deserved all the hate it got. I've seen (and bought...) far worse betrayals than DmC (Tiberian Twilight...).

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Current Metascore results:
    PC : 91/100 (13 reviews)
    XB : 88/100 (47 reviews)
    PS : 86/100 (23 reviews)

Looks like Capcom has got another winner.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yep, I liked DMC too. It was very well made game with excellent combat and some memorable bosses and stages. Basically all the hate surrounding it was because of the characters not being what some nerds expected. I’m a DMC nerd and could not give a damn about it, as long as the actual game was good and it was. The whole series is so “out there” in terms of the setting and the characters that almost nothing could be out of place it in IMO.

Anyways, I’m happy that this new one is gonna be great by the looks of it. Still not sure if I’ll get it now, or when I’m done with Sekiro..

emperorsfist likes this.

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, the dance/rave club and the prison dimension were my favourite stages (great aesthetics), with Not-Bill-O'Reilly being my favourite boss. Still, I get that some older fans didn't like the way some characters were rebooted (although Nu-Dante wasn't as much of an emo as the early promotional material made him seem to be)

In any case, DMC5 seems to be quite fantastic. I'm also torn between getting it and waiting for a while. I want Capcom to keep rolling out successes to the PC.

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I liked DMC4 a lot, this one seems to be even a bigger winner, though not my style, i'll buy it, the game reviews are just astonishing.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    HUGE fan of the series, only played the first level( i.e. second part where you are scored ) but this is absolutely fantastic, my only annoyance is no ultrawide and minor stutters in the cutscenes.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This game is simply put

AMAZING!!!

Story is total F YOU bananas of course but the graphics are insanely good the characters especially are simply some of the best, most detailed I have ever seen. The cutscenes are rendered in real time and the detail on the faces are the best around, honestly they look almost perfect.

Gameplay is fast, and fun as hell. I have only done the first two missions and everything is in check for a DMC game from the taunts to the insane combos.

Performance is EXCELLENT!

ryzen 2700x @ 4.3GHz
    16GB 3200MHz RAM
    1080ti

1440p Ultra maxed out the game never dips below 100fps and 90% of the time is hovering around 150+fps!!!!

It actually feels a little too fast, first time I have ever actually considered capping the fps because I feel like my eyes can't keep up.

Capcom are out doing themselves so far this year!

Kono and AsiJu like this.
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Virgil DLC is next im telling you. Hes so cool. I always liked the guy but now he become my favorite DmC character.