Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yep just noticed that, shame I didn't notice collecting actual postcards until recently though

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    My game is on my PCIe NVMe drive so I can't really be the best judge of load times, but in all honesty even considering that I don't think it's anything too long compared to other games on the same drive.

My biggest issue with the game so far are the random CTDs.. kills the experience.. along with some AI bugs and bad textures. I can deal with the invisible walls and other minor game play gripes as really the first two had the same issues (stuff like not being able to swim/etc) so I was kind of expecting similar. The low quality textures to me though is just lazy.. previous games I could understand, but in this day and age just about anyone has enough vRAM that it just seems stupid to not include high res options unless they never created them in the first place..

Overall a freaking amazing game, although I am still in the first area taking my sweet time in-between the crashes and playing other games. There are these moments in this game where it is so atmospheric and real feeling that I have to just sit there for a moment and soak it all in.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The type of storage the game is installed on is just half of the equation when it comes to determining the speed at which the game loads.

The other half is the CPU, and the amount of RAM to a lesser extent. The CPU has to read and decompress the data from storage, so that takes time as well.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It flat out freezes my whole computer sometimes, twice tonight so far. Need to hold the power button and completely restart jt

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had that only 1x when I tested extreme @dx12.. dx11 extreme was ok. But I've read that was something in initial game rls.

Extreme is too tasking for my 980ti anyway.. ultra seems ok and still looking nice

Turanis and eGGroLLiO like this.
  6. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Loading seems fast to me but I'm on a 970 Pro M2 drive and I have DDR4 3600 memory so ...

Carfax and Shataan like this.
  7. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This has become my most annoying game of 2019.

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    On my 2nd play through, and still digging it. I find that doing stuff in different order, events happen different. Example.... in this play though I took a different route to go for the water in Caspian.... and while it was sunny the 1st time and nothing occurred on the road there.... this time around a sandstorm whipped up and Bandits blocked the road with a flatbed truck forcing me to deal with them in the storm. VERY cool and unexpected. Have to say I prefer THIS Metros wider open settings and exploration etc, compared to the 1st 2 Metros. Exodus`s last mission = Dead City though I didn`t find anywhere near as exciting as all the levels leading up to the Dead City. Hope the Devs stay with this new recipe for Metro. Well, that`s IF we see another. ;p

9. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I finally figured it out. After the first pack of wolves there are no wolves until the soldier in the shack notices you. After he becomes aware of you (he usually shoots at you) then wolf packs will spawn where they usually do. This is in an area north of the second river from the start of Taiga.

And you can't interact with the first wolf pack. You can't draw your weapon to shoot at them because you can only watch them running to the left and off the screen while you are still getting up the ledge in a kind of scripted sequence.

So if you or anyone wants no wolves and no animal spawns in this forested area then don't get too close to the lone soldier near or in his wood shack up the hill to the west. So you're right that there are always wolf packs with normal story gameplay. But you can prevent wolf spawns by avoiding the soldier near the shack along the west hills/mountains.

But that means not progressing in the mission while you roam around the wolf free area. Maybe it possible to ignore the guy in the shack and continue with the story mission as long as you can sneak past him and go in the tunnel which goes north.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Nice stealth brag! :D

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Just don't try changing video settings, it literally takes 5-10 minutes.

The whole certain missions at night is pretty annoying to, as it's too dark to see even with a (perpetual?) full moon.

12. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Finished the game and disappointed with this one.

Much prefer the original.

13. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    From what I observe differences between High vs Ultra vs Extreme are minimal.Advanced PhysX&Tess&Hairwoks are useless and make Gpu load too hard,for what they offer in image quality.Shading rate is important to be at leat 1.0x.
    Thats why I wait 3-6 months before I play something new,3-4 game patches are much better for a new game,than first day hurry gaming.

About loading: if you load any game first time and stay couple of seconds in menu,then exit and after couple of seconds you load the game again,he will be loaded much faster,because is already resident in RAM.This is the catch about loading a game first time and second time.

14. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    The whole taiga zone just annoyed me because it stole my guns, so I rushed through and apparently you were free to roam around like the other 2 zones.

Weapon variety was slightly disappointing because the upgrades on some guns were just upgrades and the only difference you could add was for stealth or portability and thats it.

Also for some reason after Taiga my night vision just stopped working for no reason at all. No clue why.

Ending left me really flabbergasted tbh, like a big "is this it" feeling.

Back to modded stalker I guess.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    You weren't free to roam in taiga, it's a Crysis style linear romp. There's actually a bunch of points of no returns which blocks off access to previous areas.

ShadowDuke likes this.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Just finished the game there, liked it a lot, best in the series so far I think, more actual gameplay progression with the upgrading and gun component system plus it's a fair bit longer. People seem to be bitching about the voice acting quality and delivery but the whole game gave actual characters to the NPCs. I wrote previously about how anna was terrible in last light (you see her a total of 4 times) but this time most everyone at least has some character exposition.

Shataan and cerebus23 like this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Think the silent protag hurt the story also, there so many times where people want your opinion or to have a conversation and well you can "imagine" it, but to have him interact with some of these characters especially in cut scenes you just watch.

Comes off as awkward.

No real issues with the VA beyond that protag issue that i can think of.

Turanis likes this.
  18. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    It's the opposite for me. Even at 2:00 am, it always looks like dusk. Only time I used night vision was indoors.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Always look at dusk? You might want to check your gamma/brightness settings!? .oO

BlackZero likes this.
  20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Hahaha :)

Yeah, apparently there's an issue with gamma that affects systems differently.