Ryzen 3000 Procs model names and prices spotted in BizGram price catalog

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 3, 2019.

1. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Sorry in advance, but you appear to be a non-english speaker who doesn't fully comprehend the meaning of "too good to be true?" Shot on both feet screams I don't speak your language also. No offense though, mate!

2. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Same here.
    I have 9900K with Heatkiller IV block [which thankfully can be modified with AMD kit to support MD, no need to buy new block]
    All I need is at least IDENTICAL SC performance of my 9900K on 16/32 CPU even if that CPU has to be overclocked [and it can overclock] than ill move to AMD
    PCIe4 is another reason.
    As far as RAM goes, i have 32kit of 3733Mhz DDR, if it works and compatible with AMD ill upgrade, otherwise it makes it much more expensive: new mobo, new CPU and new 32GB Kit

P.S. Of course if Intel comes with 10nm and faster clocks then ill stay with Intel, I just want the BEST

3. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Nice to see this. I’m excited to see what the R9 will hold in stock. I personally don’t think AMD will get to the 5Ghz mark. Maybe 4.7Ghz max. However if they do then I think Intel would be dethroned for the first time in years. We talk about ipc gains and matching Intel in clocks... I suppose we can just wait and see what these babies have in store...

HandR likes this.
  4. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    I am more interested on the affect of Isolating the CPU cores from the I/O on the OC.
    Ryzen can boost up-to 4.4Ghz on current GF 12nm on binned chips, and 4.3Ghz on 2700X, so if we are looking for ~25% improvements on clock with 7nm, 5Ghz boost should not be hard.
    Moreover, if we can judge TSMC 7nm by more Complex and larger Die of VEGA VII that can OC really nice up-to 2.3Ghz on AIO, then I think we can do good with little chiplets on the Ryzen CPU that can be binned even better.

I bet AMD gonna Shake the CPU market again, as they did 2 years ago with the first 8c Ryzen.
    IMO- this will be the Title of Ryzen 3000 Reviews:
    “The King is dead, Long live the King!”

But in 2020 we gonna see what Intel is working on, it will be great too I am sure.

Kaarme likes this.

5. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I have to agree... I wonder what the affect will be from isolating the I/O from the actual cores... Who knows maybe 5Ghz isn’t such a big stretch after all. Time will tell though... I wonder what Intel is cooking up in their labs...

6. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Nice! Would love to see the uncut MEGA 32/64 R9s TRs, let's go!

Is there going to be a 64/128 TR as rumored for Zen 2 or is this release tapped out at 32/64?

Regardless I am pumped for Zen 2 + 7nm, I can already taste it and it feels good Man!!!

Have loved my 1950x since day 1(no regrets + has been bulletproof) can't freaking wait for Guru3d's review, I bet Hilbert won't be sleeping till his review goes up :) God speed Bro \m/

7. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Any confirmation that these will work on x470 platform, they keep saying that they'll work on am4 but wont confirm the chipset ( or I've just missed it I'm terrible like that)

8. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    will works.

9. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    If it supports AM4 why wouldn't it support an AM4 based chipset?

10. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'd very much love an 8-core APU :D

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    My 2700k @5ghz is closing in on retirment, around June/July i suspect.

12. DrKeo

DrKeo Guest

A 12/24 CPU running @5Ghz that cost 330$? I'll buy that when I see it (literally). Sounds too good to be true.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Exodite likes this.
  14. clamatac

clamatac Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Me too, too good to be true

15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Hopefully if the spec's,performance and prizing is right i will finally put my 6700k to bed ,i've been holding off upgrading my cpu and motherboard for sometime now as i only mainly play games , however i think the time has now come to do so and i will be more than happy to give AMD my money this time around all being well .

16. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Intel taught people that even if the socket stays exactly the same, only two generations of CPUs will be supported. The third will be made artificially incompatible if they couldn't be bothered to make it naturally incompatible.

17. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    Didn't they call it 1151v2 or some other bullshit? anyways Intel is not an example for anything.
    AMD stated backwards compatibility up to 2020.

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I wouldn't be surprised if the G models are Zen+, rather than Zen2. So, perhaps AMD was stating "Zen2 G models will be coming way later".

These prices are almost too low. Thanks to the die shrink, optimizations, and being mostly unaffected by Spectre+Meltdown, AMD will likely already have equivalent or possibly better IPC than Intel. Meanwhile if the rumors about clock speeds and wattage are true, they're going to totally demolish Intel in the benchmarks. With so much of an edge, AMD doesn't need to lower their prices.
    On the other hand, if their goal is to steal as much marketshare from Intel as possible, keeping these very low prices just sweetens the deal. AMD knows Intel has no way of competing with these prices so they're probably kicking Intel while they're down. In addition to that, AMD keeps raising the bar for every performance tier. They're making 4c/8t CPUs seem like low-end parts.

19. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    It should work on x370 as well and all other AM4 platforms for that matter, but you'll need a BIOS update for all of them. Just remember that for most boards, you'll need a CPU that's already compatible to be able to update the BIOS.

Remember when Zen+ came out people were mad, that it wouldn't work out of the box with x370 even though AMD said it would be compatible? Thanks to Intel's strategy you outlined, Intel doesn't have that problem. Remember, updating BIOS isn't something everyone knows about and can do. But yeah, I like AMDs approach much better.

Kaarme likes this.
  20. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I must've misread, thanks.