Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    So far this game kicks it up a notch in terms of gameplay, it's pretty much the same as the previous two for the pretty long intro but once you're finally on the train it's clear the game will be different, you've got a smaller cast of characters (who will hopefully have exposition, though I imagine some will die at various points) and your wife finally has a personality to speak of. Just got to the first big area which is miles bigger than anything in the last two games.

Also cocked up the church by killing one guard, gonna re do that. Consequences to actions beyond the stupid binary endings of the previous games, that's cool.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i think DLSS is amazing , giving gamers Ray tracing lighting/shadows and high fps is something gamers should be thankful it's finally happening in games , it's just the start and things will get better with times because everything starts somewhere right ?!

with that being said maybe FFXV got the best use of DLSS , i mean i could lock the game to 60fps @ 4k maxed with gameworks and it won't drop below 60fps almost 90% of the time , i tested it today

XenthorX, Loster and BangTail like this.
  3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Funny thing, first time went through the church ended up only killing one guard and knocked the rest out. Was then told I did great by not killing everyone. After restarting the level, managed to knock everyone out. Did not kill a single person. Accomplishing that I'm told that I really went hog wild in there. No clue what these comments are tied to or what the impact will be.

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It's RNG

5. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Just got myself this game, to finally test what's the fuss about RT.

And man, It's very cool indeed. I'm not using DLSS since the game looks amazing on my 4k display, and with Ray Tracing it's still very smooth @4k on my rig.

I played for less than an hour, but it already feels like it's the best one of the series indeed. Anyone else had a kind of "Half Life 2 feeling" with this game?

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Poeple from your crew can die or survive and/or in missions something can happen from actions taken in open world (rescue, dont kill, crew memmber still alive, etc.).
    "Duke survives" is one of the achievements for example.

I got a strong Stalker vibe, cos of the opened world and when i first "met" the electric "thing?" at night, plus there was a storm, it was totally stalkerish. :D

For people finished the Caspian Level:
    Did Damir left your crew, too to help the people there? Is it possible to change the outcome? Do you maybe have to kill all the slaves and Saul (which survives only afaik when you dont kill anyone in the 1st big house with slaves and firecrew members), too?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  7. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Just finished it. It was a totally enjoyable experience. The best of the series so far imo. The atmosphere, the lighting was some of the best I have seen in a game. I just became so immersed in the whole post apocalyptic world. Loved the open world aspect to some of the maps and the tight confines of the others. Just an all round great game.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    far as i know there is good and bad result at the forest bit depending if your muderous or not best result he went with me and said he would return to her one day.

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

Maddness likes this.
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    "Just" 50 weeks left until release on Steam o_O
    The wait is excruciating...
    Luckily there are other games to play.

Undying likes this.

11. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    They do a good job testing on every set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.techspot.com/article/1801-nvidia-dlss-metro-exodus/

12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Nvidia ray tracing is a scam.

13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Moved to appropriate thread.

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Game is totally captivating.It does borrow from HL2 and Stalker, but it works really well.Like Watch Dogs 2 borrows from GTA 5 and Splinter Cell for something amazing.

I'm still exploring the rest of the Volga map before heading back to the train and really enjoying the having to move at night vibe.
    Playing Hardcore mode, tweaked the user.cfg a bit for Extreme preset 1440p it's gorgeous.

I still get a hang at some point when I try to use HW, but no biggie, I'll still try some older drivers like 388.13, in one of the game files I see they mention this version as the best known working driver at the time, with no memory leaks, so going to try that one later.

If interested, just install any driver, extract NVProfileUpdater64.exe and run it, any old driver will work, currently using 392.37 Quadro.

Maddness and pharma like this.
  15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

HL2, Stalker, Fallout, and that's so far, but of course that doesn't have to be a bad thing. So far though, for the aspects that differ from the original Metro formula, it does feel like its struggling to find its own identity a little. Other than that, the other thing that's a little noticeable, and perhaps made a little more obvious due to the multiple similarities to HL2, is that it does come across as not being that well optimised.

That said, I'm also still in the Volga region (which again adds to the HL2 vibe), so will have to see how it pans out as the game progresses.

eGGroLLiO, Undying and Dragondale13 like this.

16. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yes it does have some quirks.Clearing out a bandit camp, one guy got stuck between the rafters and the roof lol!
    But I'm pretty sure more patches are on the way.

About the NvidiaProfileUpdaterx64.exe, make sure it's from a driver containing the profile for the game you need and you're connected to the internet, just wanted to be specific and the Game ini. file I found the mention about 388.13 is located:
    Install Drive :\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Config>BaseHardware.ini

Tweaked user.cfg settings or disabled to be more specific lol!

r_enum_ssaa 0 - Substituted this with driver FXAA @ 1440p, it's blurry but not overly so.
    r_foliage_hemi_ao 0 - It's more or less non existent anyway.
    r_foliage_shadows 0 - Same.
    r_ssaa_auto 0 - I think this controls soft shadow AA, too lazy to take screens and compare.
    r_blur_level 0 - Disable motion blur.
    r_game_mblur_scale 0. - Same.

Maddness, Undying, Kolt and 1 other person like this.
  17. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Interesting, my SSAA enum was set to 10: "r_enum_ssaa 10"
    What does that mean exactly?

18. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It looks like supersampling AA.You can tell immediately, if you set it to 0 with no type of AA forced, jaggies are apparent around the edges of the monitor on the main menu screen.DX11 needs AA techniques like FXAA, SSAA, SMAA etc. to have an effect.As I suspected DX12 is the same deal but the way they use it looks like overkill from a performance perspective.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I redid the church without killing anyone but was caught at the last person before they gave up, this time the said "you raised hell in there" but nothing about bloodshed, doesn't seem random to me.

I imagine there'd be a different one had I just left undetected or knocked them all out undected

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Oh no doubt it's supersampling AA.. I'm just curious what exactly the enum_ssaa setting does and why mine is at 10. I might have to disable it altogether and force Nv FXAA like you mentioned to see what changes.