AlphacoolReleases Eisbaer Solo Chrome (DIY CPU Pump and Block)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    tunejunky and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    i love it. I think this is cool. I can finally use again one of my rads without getting crazy.
    Now please do one for GPUs

3. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    I recommend using LEPA xtreme 240.
    I like it and its customizable can use any rad you want but comes as a set and its cheap! only couple degrees different from corsair but is half the cost.

4. chrislondon

chrislondon Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Looked interesting then I saw to the flow rate.

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    70 LPH that's around same what Asetek pumps do or pump is used in most CLC/AIO from Corsair, EVGA or NZXT etc

Hard to say how this will perform as similar pump is used on Eisbaer and this does perform pretty similar to most of AIO

70 LPH is just not enough, 120-155LPH will be more than enough

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

BlackZero, sammarbella and chispy like this.
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    70 LPH is enough for a single CPU in normal condition, but it is less noisy than Asetek pump, and permit to use unconventional radiator, or better one than those used in AIO.
    Also you can use custom tube to get more silence or more heat transport.

(for those who use normal WC their custom D5 are exeptional)

7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

70 LPH is around 0.25-0.30GPM which is not enough flow for custom loop, just add to this loop radiator which is with average restriction etc and yours flow will be under 70 LPH

Reservoir its just for reservoir or how you call it custom tube, it will not give you better heat transport

I always try target 0.75-1GPM on any custom loop, which you will achieve with most DDC pump and good radiator and good waterblock, DDC pump will cost you £30 as cheapest, reservoir depending on your plans,but something in region oc £30-£65(you can get cheaper option from Aliexpress, used few cheap reservoirs and they're been faultless) ,360mm radiator with good performance let say £65, waterblock £45-£65

Its not worth it going route of this Alphacool Eisbaer Solo in my view, unless space doesn't permit to use normal pump and reservoir which is way easier fill up and way easier to upgrade if you want to, with this if you put extra GPU block then water flow will decrease and yours temperatures will suffer

Agree this can be less noisy than Asetek pump but RMA process with Alphacool is not the best, check their VP755 pumps complaints and then you understand why I don't trust Alphacool, bought few parts from Alphacool like fittings which failed and their RMA just ignored this issue

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

8. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I am using the Alphacool Eisbaer (Solo) with Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm now since 30 nov. 2018, and it's a ok cooler.

My Intel Core i7-5775C is OC to 4.0GHz at 1.180v and he never gets higher then 67c, and that with Prime95v294b8 running on In-place large FFTs (maximum power consumption, some RAM tested),
    and running 30 minutes and at a room temp of 23c.

It will run good in a custom loop, and very handy if you have a small PC case.

rl66 likes this.
  9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Interesting, so with this you basically only need pet bottle, tubes and water?

10. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    nah, I keep pet bottle in ice bucket, it's ok.

12. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Uhhh, ok.

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Same here i was using the normal black one with single pass 120mm and twin 80mm on my HTPC with my Pentium 3258 @ 4,7... never been more than 65°c

14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Agree there, for small cases or where is no place where to put normal cylinder reservoir this Alphacool Eisbaer Solo is perfect but if you have place for pump and reservoir then I would do that rather than this

Alphacool NexXxoS are low restriction radiator which I used few times, I would recommend rather HWLabs SR-2 radiator but that's my view there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

tunejunky likes this.
  15. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Yes your Hardware Labs SR2 cools better then the Alphacool NexXxoS XT45, BUT because the Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 has less fin count per inch it will
    be quieter, because the fans do not have to blow harder to get the air true it.

They cool good enough and are quieter, so i am very happy with my Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm.

16. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    That are good temps, what is the voltage you use to OC your CPU?

17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i don't remember but it was still in the Intel spec voltage (also was lucky as with Intel fan i was able to reach stable 4.3 Ghz)...
    let me get a PSU to check the value (as i just have replaced it with an Athlon G200)

18. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this is a quality product. i've used the last gen on my nephew's gaming rig, along with the (over time) addition of two 280mm rads.
    they sell drip-less quick release pre-made tubing runs.
    and they made a gpu block for Vega with the pump built in... great idea which i didn't buy.

19. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i agree with you. i went to HWLabs for my threadripper rads... they're the nicest i've seen or used.

20. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Aha ok, your using a quad core CPU now??