Metro Exodus patch #2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 27, 2019.

1. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    I'm not sure what needs you have that a single 2080ti won't cover but a console will..
    Either way, you're reaching for a resolution that isn't yet feasible. The technology isn't there and SLI is a waste of money for the companies and developers to support, especially with DX12 requiring the developers to code for it. It never worked/scaled right anyway.
    I guess you're either going to have to put your plan into action, buy a console, or simply accept the facts here.
    But, I'm guessing you're all talk or maybe a bit crazy if you're going to go buy a console to fix your problem.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  3. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    You must not know, how SLI support looks like several years back. SLI was widely supported by developers, and games.
    And sometimes I think You ppl don't know, what Mean 200% performance boost, and how it can relay on graphic quality/performance.
    Maybe people this days, are less, and less demanding.. idk..

How many Times I heard that: "SLI consume too many resources, time, or is impossible (blabla) - I think usually not..
    People Who make custom SLI compatibility bits. Know that, they, they.. are lazy sometimes :)

4. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Simple, if this game doesn't make to an online store that exists in Brazil (local currency) I won't buy the game.

5. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Super good game, like stalker which i love, literally the only problem with it is the mouse lag, which seems to be tied to frame rate. This patch did zero to help it, so not sure what they’re talking about in these patch notes. :confused:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    -Tj- likes this.
  6. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    Metro exodus, few times i notice an white vertical line that appear in lower part of the screen.
    Then colorfull artifacts.
    Yesterday am small artifact again.
    Rtx2080. I tought that my card ia broken, but with advanced physics OFF all are fine.
    Patch wont do crap, only advanced physics do.

Checkboard in hitman 2 also, fixed by drivers then.

Today we have artifacts in games with latest gpus.
    In old time that wasnt the case.
    Quite sad for Nvidia.

7. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    reports on the forum says it didnt optimize anything - performance is EXACTLY the same...

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The conspiracy theory dictates that SLI support was slowly disabled by nVidia in order to force users to upgrade to a next gen card instead of keep buying current gen ;)

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I don't know what'd happened with my dual VEGA64 rig, but I was playing Metro Exodus @3840x1080 pretty nicely, but as of yesterday (I don't know the recent patches did anything) I can't get that res anymore. It looks like 1920x1080 squeezed or stretched and it's unplayable at this res, tried configuring thru cfg but it's a no go. Fortunately, it seems to be fine on my Radeon VII card so I can still play the game.

10. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Yes My IGPU gets 15fps instead of 7 now. omfg.

On a serious note. Stop calling yourself the master race, you sound like twats.

Most people game on a console because it's just a simple thing to do and don't want to get involved in the PC side of things many of us enjoy.

Speaking of PC gaming. BFV among most other titles are so flooded with cheats now, online gaming is pointless. Bot central.

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    According to you 99% of gamers are dirty peasants? What makes you superior? The size of your gpu? Are we measuring gpus ? What the hell with the tribalism pcmasterrace ... I don't know about you but i do not feel supperrior to any other gamer regardless of their gaming platform of choice . But really terms like those making me cringe so so so much.

12. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Oh come on man... you've never once watched some filthy console peasant playing on a potato with inferior textures, frame rate, lighting, etc and said to yourself.... 'its good to be the king' ??? If no, then I don't believe you.

As for your distaste for tribalism, ever ask yourself 'why?' when pushing this notion that Tribalism is a bad thing when it is such a fundamental aspect of Human nature? This push over the past 20 or so year to oppose group solidarity, patriotism, nationalism, and of course tribalism, comes from the same people who interestingly want to increase the power of government, nationalize healthcare, put restrictions on fundamental rights such as speech, self defense, and privacy, all while condoning violence *cough* antifa *cough* as a means to silence opposing viewpoints. Those who peddle such views are inadvertently pushing an agenda that is the complete opposite of what they are intending. The same can be said for identity politics. Don't you find it odd that the same people who espouse the former, claiming to want to do away with Tribalism are the same who divide everyone into countless sexual, racial, and culturally oppressed groups specifically for the purposes of gaining and maintaining power? Or is the former nothing but a ruse, much like the latter in order to achieve the same goal? The ends justify the means i guess.

13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @Andrew LB king no not really i can see why someone would prefer consoles my self i prefer my pc any day of the week , for the freedom the mods ...and the list goes on and on . And wow the second part goes on and on and gets a bit too political ... Was not my intention to go there at all.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    HARDRESET likes this.
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't understand limitations. "PC master race" and all. I need consoles as well as my PC. I will always choose PC first. It's my go to platform. But not for being superior. Simply for being my personal preference. Anyone only gaming on PC because of it's hardware is losing on great experiences in gaming such as PS4 exclusives like Infamous: Second Son, God of War 4, Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, Horizon Dawn, and more. Graphics and physics and 120hz are great, but none of that (for me) beats a great story, solid gameplay and enjoyable entertainment.