MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

2. Unwinder

Online. Once I finalize overclocking implementation for RVII we'll release one more beta with it, test it a bit then launch official MSI AB 4.6.0 and RTSS 7.2.1 and make them visible to update servers.

Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  3. Thanks :)

There are some new improvements or features for NVIDIA RTX cards? :oops:

4. Unwinder

Of course no. I documented all changes.

5. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    actually prior firmware is broken. They fixed encoder issues, fan controller issues and most important OC issues, which could be significant for your work, I could imagine.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  6. Unwinder

I'll update once I finish implementation and stop coding for RVII. Doing it during implementation make it really hard to stress-test the stability of changes I do from my side.

7. Unwinder

Forgot to reflect one minor change in the release notes:

- Slightly reduced CPU polling time in CPU temperature monitoring implementation for AMD Ryzen CPUs. Previously the same CPU temperature sensor was physically reread for displaying each CPU core temperature (temps are duplicated for cores to provide more convenient OSD formatting), now it is read just once per polling iteration and precached value is used for duplicating. It is not something that you can feel, but it is anyway faster than it was before ;)

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm the encoder is what I dug up (Prior firmware update fixing UEFI support.) sounds a lot more important then especially together with 19.2.2 and newer (Should be a driver this week.) improving overclocking functionality and reliability through software and Wattman. Interesting information and much more important than I had expected.

Unfortunate that it seems they stripped off the bios switch from the (stock) PCB unless there's some other means though I suppose AMD's own software is fairly safe and GPU-Z might perhaps work to dump existing firmware for backup purposes.

Nice to see the GPU also supported in MSI Afterburner now, seems or at least from what I'm reading Overdrive 8 and Vega VII is a bit less problematic with Adrenaline 2019 and it's changes than earlier Vega GPU's at least but third party software support can only help improve things further and allow for more flexibility and control. Well as long as driver and other decisions in software isn't causing any undue issues, hmm from prior posts it looks like saving the state into registry is still a thing but that's just how it is I suppose and there's already a option to clear that bit out from what I remember. :)

9. jpotts

jpotts Member

GPU:
    Has anyone gotten a stable OC out of the nVidia OC Scanner? I've run it several times, over several updates and every OC curve ends up unstable. Not that I absolutely need it to create an OC curve for me, but I was just wondering if there might be something I'm unaware of.

10. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    It's stable for me. I've actually gained about 60-80MHz with the same power consumption, which is quite cool, and my GPU is not even that great silicon, the VRAM can barely overclocks 300-350MHz and the GPU doesn't do that well above 2050 MHz.

11. Unwinder

Good progress, I've got RVII overclocking fully implemented and working. Also added a few more sensors for it (3 additional temperatures from VRMs and memory controller usage). I'll test it internally a bit more then we launch official beta 15 with full RVII support on the main page (no promises on today, most likely tomorrow). Stay tuned!

GSDragoon, AsiJu and knuckles84 like this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Got a stable curve with first try and still using it (RTX 2070) to date.

13. jpotts

jpotts Member

GPU:
    Ok, in that case, it might be that the mem settings I'm using with it are no good. I was able to get a stable overclock with my mem at +410, and core at +50, but I think the scanner must be pushing the core OC higher than that.

14. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
  15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Just wanted to report that the new Trials Rising game has the same issue as Ghost Recon Wildlands with RTSS. If you launch the game with RTSS overlay active, the game refuses to properly change resolution or display mode until you turn off RTSS.

I know you did some kind of fix for GR:W a while back, so maybe you already know how to fix this for Trials Rising.

16. Unwinder

No promises on looking into that, at least in the nearest time, sorry. I neither own nor plan to buy this game and RVII is way more priority task now.

BuildeR2 likes this.
  17. Unwinder

4.6.0 beta 15 build 14697 is uploading to server. This one includes full RVII support, including overclocking (which was missing in the previous early b15 build).

knuckles84 likes this.
  18. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    After installing the Beta 15, my OC Profiles were gone. For me that isn't a big Problem, I can handle it.

But I ask me, if I had done someting wrong or if it is a bug.

19. Unwinder

There were no changes in profile format between recent betas.

20. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    So my fault, no problem.