Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I was afraid the game would be review-bombed to hell but it's Metacritic user score is pretty reasonable - 6.4. By contrast, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is 6.9, Anthem is 4.0, BF V is 2.8, and Fallout 76 is 2.6. Compared to recent AAA games, it's pretty good.

The AI is a bit of a step backwards. You can turn off a light that's right in front of them and they won't react. In previous Metro games, turning off the lights in a way that is too obvious would provoke a reaction. The physics could also use some work (enemies in elevated areas would frequently walk on air) and there are some unsightly instances of clipping.

I'm currently playing through the game again on Hardcore Ranger mode. I'm also trying to find the collectibles that I missed. I got the good ending on my first playthrough by playing stealthily and knocking out enemies - I'm wondering if I should try for the bad ending this time but I'm afraid I'd run out of ammo since crafting is more expensive now.

Overall, it's a solid game, but it's very different from the previous Metro games - almost like an entirely new franchise. The previous factions and characters don't really matter (Anna and Miller are basically it) and the dark ones are largely irrelevant.

TR2N, Dragondale13 and cerebus23 like this.
  2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yup! Had a reformat in store, got it done but still no dice.Not a huge deal, adv physx, blur low, extreme @ 1440p, 48 fps fast sync is perfect for me or until it gets fixed.

O wait nvm lol I updated myself.
    I have shader cache on in global so going to try turning off threaded optimization.

Edit: Nope still happens no matter what I try so HW off for me.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I came around on this game an enjoyed my play through after having mixed feeling for the most of the game,I rarely finish any game,finished this after 43 hours and it was not a chore to finish it.
    The best thing I can say about this game is with the patch enabling DLSS @ 4k makes a huge difference in FPS with good quality.Some artifacts on water/puddles but not gaming breaking.

serbicu, Shataan and cerebus23 like this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Still no sales figures?

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Undying likes this.
  6. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Metro its just s a niche game,its not a trend from gamers.

I see a lot of yt and twitch videos, the main problem of the game is: too much talking and Artyom is a silent dumb character.Not a single: "niet,davai,dosvedania" from his mouth.
    The second is awful and pre-historic era of game textures.
    Players says this game could be Goty,really? Ugly dx9 textures all over the place @Ultra. Wait for Redux,really?Why not now ,at the launch,the game could have high pack textures all over the place?
    The third problem is emptiness of this open world.Run to see the world,but almost nothing to do.
    Maybe the character need a dog to prospect together the wild world.

Without a proper Ambient occlusion (maybe HBAO,which is included with RT On) the game looks dull or washy.SSAO in this game does nothing.

This game has nothing to do with DX12,just wrapping from Dx11.

The author of the novel,Dmitry Glukhovsky,about Metro Exodus:

[​IMG]

AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Metro Exodus is strangely seeing an influx of positive reviews on Steam
    https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/damien-cox/metro-exodus-is-strangely-seeing-an-influx-of-positive-reviews-on-steam/

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    strangely?

the game itself is good very good, why would it be strange to review it positively?

ohhh because we supposed to focus on deep silver epic and etc rather than the game.

clickbait or stupid.

10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Well it 's good to see those who bought it at Epic and want their opinion heard are doing so by any means possible.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The game is good, that doesn't change anything else that went on, but the game is good and the game should be judged on that and that alone.

All this review bombing et al is f*cking stupid, all it does is muddy the waters.

The whole EGS debacle has nothing to do with the quality of the game and should be judged separately.

Maddness, Kolt, Serotonin and 2 others like this.
  12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I agree. People will gladly get Origins for Anthem; or Uplay for The Division. While I don't agree with what they did, with it being an extremely dick move to take it off Steam for Epic launcher exclusivity; it doesn't change from the fact that it is a great game, with the developers putting great care and attention to details; and tried to give the best experience for gamers (taking about just the game here).

I also understand people wanting to boycott by refusing to purchase on Epic's launcher, or because so and so said this or that; but that's not an endeavor I want to participate in. I don't care enough to sacrifice the experience I would get from this game just to prevent the developers from getting my money in an attempt to 'teach a lesson'.

BangTail likes this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I agree, many people would rather play the game than boycott the EGS, but if you want to send a message, then depriving the publishers of revenue is the correct way to do it.

Review bombing is the antithesis of that, especially when the games you are damaging are not only excellent games, but games that were made long before any of this bollocks transpired.

Hopefully, everyone has learned from this experience because the last thing anyone wants is to see the launch of another potentially great game ruined by this kind of stupid behaviour.

14. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Extreme --- Ultra

15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Well the caspian level absolutely destroys my framerate.

If anyone has any .ini tricks to reduce cpu load i'd be happy to have them, my gpu is actually doing semi-ok even on medium.

16. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    My two videos; no main quest spoilers; just exploring...
    Volga and The Caspian

Maddness likes this.
  17. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    No, only Steam owners of the game can leave such reviews. These reviews are from Steam users only.

I bought the game on the EGS, and I treat it like any other launcher. I would have preferred to buy it on Steam but I wasn't going to pre-order, nor was I going to avoid the Epic launcher because of it (and I'm certainly not going to pirate it). The only thing I miss is the achievements. I'm thinking of leaving a review on Metacritic (I'll give it a 8.5).

I think the whole Epic debacle has largely settled down, and people are now judging the game for what it is. The only thing that bothers me is the way that some Metro fans are choosing to pirate the game (there's even a post on the Metro subreddit where a person is openly praising the game that he pirated!). I find it ironic how these people say they are against the EGS on principle, but then pirate the game - there's a cost for taking a principled stance, but it seems that some don't want to pay that cost (they want their cake and eat it too).

XenthorX, slick3 and Shataan like this.
  18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Not just Steam, but at other sites like Metacritic and OpenCritic mentioned in the article.

19. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Ah, I stand corrected then.

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah I was running Ultra just fine until that level loaded in and then half my framerate was gone :x