Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Netherwind

Yah, it is obviously pushing the quad core very hard, either that or something else is wrong.

I've tried it on my gaming rig (7920X) and my productivity rig (9980XE) and neither CPU is being stressed in any meaningful way

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    EA will transform into umbrella corporation and it will infect us all with a virus. :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Crap! Matisse is too far away damnit...

Tried 418.81, 418.91 and 419.17 but none fix my problem, so it's gotta be the CPU.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I know the review scores are arbitrary and each review is different for each reviewer.

But pc gamer rated Anthem lower than Fallout 76.

Which is quite something.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    pc gamer is often suspect but what did it rate 76?

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh in terms of broken 76 i think won that race at launch. .5 of a difference? and different reviewers so different scoring is likely. id tend to call that a wash.

a i am banned off pcgamer adblock so i could not even look myself ;p.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Same, it said I was using adblocker and I was like ok I'll block that warning message too and then took the screenshot...

*shrugs*

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i just close it i got no burning need to give pc gamer clicks but well played. most things i can just read it or watch it elsewhere, often way better sources then the long sold out "pc gamer".

good old days when a pc gamer article made me run out buy asherions call when i had no real reason to suspect it game scores cept in diablo i hated that game and think pc game gave it a 95 and "rpg of the year" and was looking at other rpgs i played that year and was utterly insulted they would call diablo a rpg. maybe that was when i ended my subscription to the magazine? not like online gaming media was not already a thing. cant recall if it was the diablo thing or there were just other places to go for free online.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Todays patch:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019

11. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Got a 4GB patch earlier today, which may have been the Day One patch? Who knows, there isn't any fresh info on the website, so i'll assume it is. Anyway, no more crashes, performance is much improved (sticking to High settings for now), thanks to the new Nvidia Game Ready Drivers released yesterday. I'm enjoying the game at the moment. I'm playing solo for now, if the game holds my interest, I may do some co-op or Strongholds at some point. We'll see.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The fact that they went with nvidia for bf5 is cause for many of the games issues, as developping those shitty nvidia features for the game (which no one in the right mind will use anyways) has taken priority over alot of other stuff for the game... such as fixing a vast amount of technical issues.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

See my post just above yours for patch notes.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Fallout 76 is the gift that just keeps on giving, Beth tries to fix something breaks something else, fixes that breaks something else, tries to fix that bans one of their biggest legit players and that will be the story of Fallout 76 because it's a Bethesda game, they have always always always required the mod community to go in and fix what Bethesda seem unable or unwilling to fix and that just won;t happen with FO76. So FO76 will just hop around varying levels of busted and glitch. Bethesda will keep trying to add and fix it forever because they seem to have a real issue with moving on, the four hundred and seventy versions of Skyrim show that many of which still have bugs and issues that were present in the very first version.

Anthem on the other hand will be the typical EA title, launch in an anemic serviceable state but utterly devoid of any long term engagement and content. It will have a roadmap of 3 maybe 4 DLCs which will get released weather it does well or not and EA will try to fix and tweak bugs in the background and yeah the game will get slowly better but that will be it two years later the next version will up for release and this game will be dropped like a hot potato.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I think people had higher expectations for Anthem, and so the disappointment of what it actually is hit harder. Thus, ended with lower review scores when compared to other flops.
    FO76 being a better or worse game is entirely subjective, but, it doesn't change the fact that both were very disappointing, lackluster releases that failed to live up to expectations. On either side, fans or company.

FO76 may have been the bigger hit, as it was Bethesda's only release last year.
    So, they'll be swinging for the fences this year to make up for it. And with RAGE 2, Wolfenstein Youngblood and DOOM Eternal... chances are they will make up for it.

But EA... they've burnt so many bridges, consumer trust... it's hard to say if they really can improve their image.

cerebus23 likes this.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    They need to make their next few games home runs.

BFV was "meh"
    Anthem is extremely generic and lacks a lot of content

If it wasn't for Apex, they'd be in a tough spot now.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The angry one did a nearly hour long review *__*

Texter and cerebus23 like this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Just finished watching it ouch.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    having 100% cpu usage doesn't mean bad performance. In BFV I have high cpu usage, close to 100% and I have no problem running the game at 1440p, ultra settings and still hit silky smooth 110fps+

20. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Which pisses me off as I can't stand Battle Royales and it just had to be a BR game that saved them...

Dragam1337 and Corrupt^ like this.