Samsung presents three Galaxy S10 smartphones and foldable Galaxy Fold

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    No thanks to moving parts. Or those kinds of prices for that matter.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That punch hole is a fail imo. I don't regret getting s9.

If it were under display or hidden away in popup mechanism then I would think about it for sure.

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    I suppose it'll still take Samsung a long time to deliver OS updates for the overpriced flagships.

4. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Great phones, but still happy with my Honor 8 still in perfect condition

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    My old S6e would do great if only it was not full of Samsung's unremovable trash. 3GB of ram and only 768MB free without user's apps running.
    If I were to get new prone in last few months it would definitely be Snapdragon 845 based phone as those are quite cheaper and perform about same as Exynos 9810. In graphics it does quite better.

If I were to shop in price range of Galaxy S9, I would get Kirin 980 as it has more modern chip architecture.

6. Lordhawkwind

Lordhawkwind Guest

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream GTX970
    Pre ordered S10 this morning. Got £250 trade in for my S8 (only cost £450 after trading in old iPhone 4s) so £549 overall. Joined the upgrade programme so only pay £20.00 per month 0% finance x 24 so what's not to like. Can pay it off anytime I like and keeps the money in my bank. My S9 is already running Pie beta and UI which I think are great TBH so happy bunny. Gets delivered 7th March.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Can't say I'm too impressed.

Does not seem like a worth while upgrade from an s8 or an s9(To be fair though, I don't think these devices are meant for people who have an s8 or s9 as an upgrade path), definitely not for the S10E considering you're losing infinity Edge, UHD and SAMOLED, and aside from the cool HDR and charging features I'm kind of disappointed. It seems like they're basing their market planning on the same as Apple. 3 devices, watch with very similar features, branded wireless ear bud, and now spouting ecosystem? It's cool to see, but having seen Apple has had the whole iCloud ecosystem for years now, Samsung is clearly chasing the market and copying. Nothing really innovative to me personally.

Pricing, wow. The s9 as a flagship launched at $719.99 unlocked. The lowest tier S10E, $750 and you lose those flagship features? Sure you get the HDR, wireless charging, Snapdragon 955 and more ram, but nothing you're going to actually notice on a mobile device power wise. On the Apple side, at least if you're going from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone Xr, you're getting some upgrades.

Mobile phone development has just seem pretty stale lately. I know it's hard to do something new when almost everything useful has been done, but damn these companies need to think of something instead of doing the same thing as one another.

8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Was waiting for S10 release to see what's up, since my 3years old S7E battery is progressing for poop to more poop.

Tbh tho, imo I would be better off getting a €45 battery replacement for my S7E or get a local shop deal at €650 for the S9+ which includes a free Samsung A6(~€150-200 worth locally) along with it.

Then replace the S7E battery and sell it along with the A6 which will bring the S9+ price down to ~€400.

Honestly tho, I would love to own the Fold! Besides the thicc-ness when folded, I quite like it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Here all of them have Exynos 9820. (For now.)
    Fully discharge battery. Phone will gracefully shut down. Start it again without charging. Once it is done booting it will gracefully shut again. Repeat once more.

I had same issue on S6e, caused by updates. Phone "forgot" that Li-Ion battery is still far from empty when voltage falls to 3.6V.

Koniakki likes this.
  10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The falling sales are inevitable. Phones have reached a level of function and performance that most people would be satisfied with a mid range device or even a two generation old flagship. The only thing keeping a lot of people buying is degraded batteries, which is why manufacturers are so desperate to do anything they can to seal the phones. Apple goes the extra step and sends goons to steal battery shipments claiming they're counterfeit items by the virtue of simply saying so.

The planned obsolescence is beyond scummy; it should be illegal. These greedy investors and fatass CEO fracks need to understand infinite exponential growth is not going to happen in ANY industry and adapt. But they won't, they'll kill every baby and kitten before doing anything reasonable.

I was hoping to get either an S11+, Note 11, or a Samsung foldable of the generation if it wasn't insanely priced, but now it looks like all 3 will be so stupidly priced that even during promotions the prices won't be reasonable. I wish LG kept their V series's removable battery. I'll probably just keep my S9+ as long as necessary until a reasonable promo is available on an LG V of the generation, or the battery dies. Please LG, no more boot loops, and updates sooner than once a decade.

11. Muhammad Kashif

Muhammad Kashif Guest

GPU:
    500 gb
    I agree with you Netherwind. The price is reasonable as it's a new technology and nobody else except Huawei has made it. But, Samsung is still far ahead of Huawei.

Samsung has launched more foldable phones in the market like Samsung Fold, Fold 2, Galaxy Z, and others are on the way. Being honest, I'm using samsung mobile phones for the last four years and never face any problem. That's why Samsung is my favorite.