Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Do you guys get some stuttering problems when you enable hairworks?

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    U need to use medium and dx12 for absolute 60 fps experience, my bad i should have told u, still game looks good on those, the problem in this game that it doesn t look like a next gen because they want to sell u the rtx feature , and ray traced global illumination is the thing here that gives the edge of graphics, shadowing and lighting on inside of buildings look absolutely fantastic with rtx on as i saw from vids, game looks ok to fine without rtx, i dare to say bf1 and bf5 and destiny 2 look better than this without rtx... just to get u to a point where u will say,oh sorry i have an old card now, i should buy rtx card to get that global illumination

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    This game looks insanely good. Playing at 1440p, ultra settings and RT on, it's probably the best looking PC game to date in places. Weird because seeing it in screenshots and youtube videos I wasn't all that impressed but yeah, it's a master piece from a visual stand point.

Performance is fine so far, 60-80fps, some drops to 50s but still feels good thanks to Gsync.

BangTail and Shataan like this.
  4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Seems we have an update, it's dling now, woopwoop :D

Shataan likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    How suddenly everyone is playing when the game got cracked, lol. Keep it up guys and remember, if the game undersells for the pc this is the last in the series on this platform.

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    They got my $30 USD so I did my part...love PC.

Now at Version 0.1.0.12.

Installed Vulkan Beta 419.09 so going for HW on, Ultra, DX12.

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    why are you accusing people of pirating the game?

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone got any info on the update ?

9. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I think some may be using the whole Epic fiasco as a cover to play the game illegally, justifying their actions as a thief. "I don't usually support piracy but..."

Even those who pirate because they want to stick it to the devs / Epic, I don't see how turning yourself into a criminal helps things - if anything, it makes you far worse than the publishers. Two wrongs do not make a right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/asrkdx/denuvo_56_used_in_metro_exodus_has_been_cracked/

Plenty of posts by people who clearly plan on pirating. Some of them claim to be Metro fans and really want to play the game but don't want to use the Epic launcher - so they are pirating it. Apparently they think that being pissed at the publishers gives them the right to enjoy the fruits of the dev's hard work without paying for it.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    ^kiddo please tell that to steam users who are not receiving any patches compared to epic even the exe file is bugged and stuck at launch version number.

Are steam steam users also pirates? Game is tremendously bugged, every hour of slower patching you are punishing them for not being owners of epic badge.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I just don't like to see accusations in general, when there's no proof. Did anyone on this forum say they pirated the game? Haven't really kept an eye on this thread that much because I only bought the game yesterday after being on the fence for a few days.

This whole nonsense about people hating Epic is so childish. It wouldn't surprise me if Epic Launcher would overtake Steam in the years to come. It's by far the better platform for the developers to sell their games, compared to Steam, by quite a margin. Steam either rethink how much they want to charge the devs or they're done.

I personally haven't pirated a game in well over a decade, if not longer.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    and they would have bought it on steam had it been available.

it is not and epics store is garbage? so what.

let them do what they do if they love the game they will buy it when its out on steam with all the DLC and at a discount no doubt, but they will support it. could have all been avoided had epic not been anti consumer to begin with now people REFUSE to give them money.

lucidus and BangTail like this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    how are Epic anti consumer?

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    by poaching game to be timed exclusive to their store that is not CHOICE choice would have been having the game on epic for 10 dollars cheaper vs on steam for 10 dollars more then consumers could have chosen to pay more and get the features of steam, keep their games in one place, or pay less and get barely a store and deal with another launcher.

oh i can see why epic was running to games on steam and signing them to exclusivity deal. because they knew most consumers (who are steam users) would pay more to keep steam. it is anti consumer though it is limiting choice for a year.

BangTail likes this.
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I dont feel the urge to play anymore because of how good the game looks with rtx on, and how bland and just average with rtx off....shame evolution has its price i guess..i dont know if anyone like me with gtx card shares the same thoughts..

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Epic didn't poach anything from Steam. They simply offered the devs a better deal than Steam's money grabbing practices. Devs went with Epic. What's wrong with that? They got offered a better deal and went with it. Have they lost out on sales? Possibly, but it was their choice and they decided to go with Epic. Many will do in the near future, get used to it. Steam need to rethink how much of a cut they want to take from the devs.

Epic is not anti consumer. Epic are offering the game to consumers. Steam are anti consumer because it's their practices that made the dev switch to a different platform.

17. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    About DX Ray Tracing:

[​IMG]

https://mobile.twitter.com/coreteks/status/1098174427609612288

(oops gtx,nvidia dont want you anymore)

http://boostclock.com/show/000198/DXR-fallback-layer-perf-preview.html
    MS DirectX Raytracing (DXR) - an extension of DirectX 12 API that introduces new concepts, but doesn't require any new hardware features. In short, all DX12 capable graphics solutions can utilize raytracing via MS provided DXR Fallback Layer (compute shader implementation).
    AMD and NVIDIA will come up with their own solutions and will pack future dGPUs with hardware stages that excel at running DXR commands as fast as possible. Whether they provide support for their legacy hardware (Maxwell, Pascal, older GCN generations) is entirely up to them. Of course, older microarchitectures are set in stone, so only optimized software routines are possible.
    Right now, NVIDIA's RTX runs only on Volta GPUs and according to Anandtech "pre-Volta cards will use the DXR shader-based fallback option".

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im not accusing anybody in particular. Just sayin. If you found yourself its not my fault. :p

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well i don't know whats been updated, version is 1.0.0.1, don't know if thats still the same, as never checked it before.

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Jesus... I know you're not accusing anyone in particular because you didn't accuse anyone in particular. You just made a snide comment about how we as a group pirated the game.

It's like saying "you guys are morons" but it's ok because I didn't insult anyone in particular. That's not how it works.

I didn't find myself. I did found your remark about people in this thread pirating the game obnoxious though. You have no ground to start accusing people. Wind it in please.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019