Samsung presents three Galaxy S10 smartphones and foldable Galaxy Fold

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The phone looks nice i must say and that 12gb ram and 1tb version is a beast.

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    0.5x optical zoom... so it zooms out?

4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Looking at the prices of the phones makes GPU prices seem reasonable.

5. RonanH

RonanH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn you've repeated a line in the final paragraph ;)

Trying to decide if I prefer the hole in the screen over a notch... it's not as distracting I think, used to things in the corners of displays from most news and sports shows

6. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    I used to drive a Galaxy Ford. Bought it at rougly the same price as this phone...

Brasky, 0blivious and cryohellinc like this.
  7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Samsung is late to the game as always. Apple already for years has Foldable iPhones.
    [​IMG]

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Beasts. Better than all iPhones out there. Rotten bitten apples are so sad now. Rtx is off for them.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The price is steep but I guess it's worth it. The phone really is a complete product compared to the OnePlus 6T I was looking at earlier.

Turanis likes this.
  10. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    While I don't disagree it's worth remembering that Samsung, and Apple once you leave Android space, are the worst offenders when it comes to price.

It's certainly possible to get a competent device for far less than 749€, especially once you recognize that there's been little incentive to upgrade for performance the last few years. Still using a 4 year old device, though the screen is almost falling out of the chassi at this point so I may have to look into getting that fixed at least. :)

11. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    I think the phones look great. Disappointing it took Samsung ages to get in-screen finger print readers to their phones. As I am a Samsung S6 Edge owner, I thought the S8, S9 readers on the back were really silly. The prices are so inflated, I agree makes the cost of RTX cards reasonable, and I thought I would not ever say that. Samsung are losing the market as is Apple, because of the dominance of the chinese mobile companies such as Huawei. I think 2000 euros for a folding phone is crazy. Great for super rich, not so great for average customer. Huawei, will be coming out with the P30 phone in March and this will be serious competition for Samsung. As for Apple, they will just copy this device as always and claim they invented this technology.

12. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I know :) I am on Xperia Z3C and I have no problems with performance whatsoever. Plus I will never buy a large phone, especially for a price of a gaming computer.

Although, it is at least somewhat different, certainly much more than just the gradual increase in screen and resolution that was done with every model for years now. I just have no use for it, as messaging is still fine on my 4.5" screen and for anything related to productivity I'd just rather buy notebook, even cheap one. It's going to have better tools, better control, larger screen and will probably last the same on the battery, plus it will cost half of this.

Exodite likes this.
  13. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So for the combined price of a decent tablet, a fair phone and a nice laptop, I could buy one folding phone with only a handful of apps that actually use the hybrid work space. That's brilliant.

14. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    ~ $ 2000

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    For 2000 Euros it better defend versus invading armies, fix the economy, raise my children, and complete grand unified theory.

I'm willing to get a pseudo-contract to buy a current generation high end device, but not if it totals some absolutely insane amount. I bet within 3 years of the Galaxy Fold's launch there'll be competing products for a fraction the price. And by competing I mean in the same category, by that time they'll have more powerful SoCs than what's in this first Galaxy Fold.

16. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    It won't do any of those things, in fact it will probably do less than the S10. BUT, it will mean you wont be one of the knuckle dragging non-folding phone scum bags that now inhabit this planet. People with normal phones make me so angry with their vile normality.

At least this is pretty much the only thing I think can go through the mind of any early adopter XD

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  17. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    A phone now more expensive with my car ( which is also bendable ).

I'll stick to my Moto E5 and old Nokia phone which does texts even through it's smashed screen for emergencies.

Unless you like being connected to the Matrix and like to fap off 24/7 whilst walking the dog I just don't see the point.

18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    i didn't see that on the listed features, but if that's how it works i might start saving early... i mean not me, but this guy i know, he'll start saving early...

19. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    These products are an overwhelming meh - and that's coming from a Samsung devotee. The 10 seems to be yet another incremental update and the triple-app multi-tasking is the only thing that I like about the Galaxy Fold (otherwise, it's a butt-ugly phone). No reason to upgrade for someone with a S8 or S9.

20. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I have the green one. :D

Backstabak likes this.