Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    It's not only AO that is missing. It's a lot more.

[​IMG]

LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  2. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    All of your quoted results looks as they should. You can see much better results on 780ti in GTA 5 and TW3 compared to 7970, and very similar level of performance compared to 970GTX. The thing is, in metro exodus 7970 is faster than 780ti, while 970 almost doubled 780ti framerate, so as you can see 780ti no longer run games as it should and not because it's too slow, but because of drivers. Yes, 780ti is old card, but for some reason AMD 7970 still runs metro as it should and it's even older card.

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    does anyone even care about specifically Metro performance years after the release of these gpus? Doubt it.They all run the game like crap. And like I said, in many other games, the 780ti destroys the 7970 and is close to the 970. So what exactly is the problem? Also, you're basing that on one benchmark from a bit of an unreliable source.

Personally, I would prefer Nvidia to focus on the last 2 generations of gpus. 780ti is almost 6 years old now, supporting such old hardware is a waste of resources.

BangTail likes this.
  4. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Why is there so many different benchmark results from like four different websites for this game? Game GPU, Tech Spot, Guru 3D, Tech Power Up, and some of them are running the game at Ultra and the difference is very off. I noticed 78 fps in one benchmark and the others are showing in mid 40's or mid 50's using Ultra Settings for the game. I know it does matter which CPU you are running, but the difference is so off. Anybody notice this at all?

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/metro-exodus-test-gpu-cpu
    https://www.techspot.com/review/1795-metro-exodus-benchmarks/
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/metro_exodus_pc_graphics_performance_benchmarks,6.html
    https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Metro_Exodus/6.html

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    happens all the time with these reviews, I don't really care for them because the inconsistencies are always there.

Guru01 likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    HH Guru3D and Steve from hardware unboxed, those two reviewers you should probably trust.

Caesar, millibyte and Guru01 like this.
  7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Undying

Hardware Unboxed has turned into an incredibly biased channel, they never miss a chance to sh!t all over Nvidia and Intel and rarely (if ever) have a bad word to say about AMD.

I'm only interested in objective opinions, Steve Burke from GN is a very fair and objective guy, in fact I have yet to watch a video of his where he is not fair and objective (regardless of which company he is discussing).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    BlackZero likes this.
  8. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Anybody here running a GTX 1070 by any chance, and how is the frames per second for Metro Exodus on Ultra game settings?

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yeah, GN seem to be great for reviews, card teardowns and they do show more than just average fps which is very important to me. Top channel and my go to for gpu reviews.

BangTail likes this.
  10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I don't think that's true at all. Hardware Unboxed crapped all over the 590 and Radeon VII. They seem to keep price/performance ratio at the fore when coming to conclusions and they criticize AMD's overpriced cards just like they do Nvidia's. I think that's still important to most people.

-Tj- likes this.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @millibyte

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine :)

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I agree about GN being fair but i also dont agree HU prefer amd gpus. They both had they share of shiting on, nvidia and amd if the card deserves it. Its not our fault nvidia lately is asking for it.

-Tj- and BangTail like this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    how?

BangTail likes this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, but fear not, I won't start a debate in this thread as it has no place here, but that is bias, that is what HU does and that is specifically why I don't like them.

Thanks for proving my point and please stay on topic, thanks :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I trust GN, but I definitely don't trust Hardware Unboxed.

All personal opinion and can't prove a thing, but common sense tells me not to trust HU.

BangTail likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'm sure they would pirate the cards as well if they could...

BangTail likes this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I know a few people like that, they literally spend thousands on hardware, but adamantly refuse to buy games.

We've had more than a few friendly disagreements on the subject :p

AsiJu likes this.
  18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Kind: Ruined Ruski books pew-pew

lucidus likes this.
  19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Ultra, 1440, HW off, DX12, 144hz non Gsync, Dvi, fps limit 48, Vsync Refresh 1/3, Tear Control Standard is the sweet spot for me.

Playing around with it more, I notice what's been said, DX11 textures are a lot sharper.
    Also found a trigger for CTD.
    If I enable HW using DX12, guarantees a crash using 418.91, Epic store gold edition.

20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    No one screaming about downgrade well what does this shill have to say about it.

Metro Exodus E3 vs Retail | Direct Comparison Except It Is Not Really A Direct Comparison May Trigger Some One In This Thread LOL.