Review: Battlefield V: DLSS PC performance update

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 14, 2019.

1. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3060 Ti
    Oh, great. A fake 4k, like console. Lower resolution to gain frames and do an upscale.

2. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    OMG- Just Realized what DLSS stands for:
    Details Lost - See Screenshots
    https://i.**********/JzPxwv7J/DLSS2-Quality.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Monchis, chispy, jura11 and 3 others like this.
  3. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    Couldn't have said it better.

A side by side video would be a better comparison, I haven't read anything about it but it pretty much could be tuned to do more work on the central parts of the screen or where there is more movement (trained with the differential shading thingy).

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    great wahoo we have a pc only feature...And they make it look like a console wth?
    at least so far what I see it looks like that

jura11 and HWgeek like this.

5. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    How are you liking that Alienware ultrawide? Just ordered the same one. Any issues, or has it been smooth sailing?

6. rsouzadk

rsouzadk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    The first one came with a stuck pixel. Dell replaced it very quickly with a new one. Zero issues. Godly monitor.

NCC1701D likes this.
  7. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Having to lower my 4k TV to 1080p to play with the RT goodness has had an awesome bonus
    my LG uj670V 4k TV runs at 120hz @1080p had the TV for over a year never used 1080p but due to higher hz
    it is much better for battlefield V 120hz vs 60hz

8. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Glad to hear it. Thanks!

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Does Dell still pay for shipping when doing rma? ... last time I dealt with Dell was back at around 2008 and they paid for everything which was amazing...

10. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Found a funny picture of failing Geforce RTX card. I thought it could be a good meme. :D

RTX. It's ON.

https://i.**********/sDbqYz7D/RTX-ON.jpg

Look at that. These lights. It just works. IT JUST WORKS!!!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Romulus_ut3, Rich_Guy and HWgeek like this.

11. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
  12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    So it´s more like glorified 2d image reconstruction, there is no AI learning the shapes and composition of elements, otherwise we would get at least sharp geometry. Closed demos were blowing the results out of proportion, so typical of nvidia using that as a selling point.

13. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    This is definitely got to feel like a punch in the gut to those early adopters that were promised RTX games, and great gains from DLSS. Neither have materialized.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Haven't seen this video posted yet. I was very hopeful for DLSS. Bad upscaling has been plaguing PC gaming for a while now. But it seems DLSS is complete garbage. Offering this as a major feature and selling point is just impudence by NVidia, in my opinion.

15. rsouzadk

rsouzadk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    Yes. They do. Sorry for replying so late.

KissSh0t likes this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    They did mention DLSS X2 as well, which runs at current resolution and might actually deliver interesting results. Sadly they're so focused on promoting ray tracing that they absolutely need the extra frames from DLSS X1.

There could be extremely good reasons to prevent TAA from being disabled, there's materials and environement blendings that rely on it. In Battlefront/Battlefield it's still blurry but loooks good in higher resolution but i heard the blur was terrible at 1080p, wish you could turn it off and that he game was designed with this in mind.

Comparing single frames makes totally sense as TAA is a time dependant solution which will use previous frames of the past to stabilize current frame.The end result being a constant balance of how much weight does current frame has compared to previous frames: if past frames have too much importance you'll have ghosting and bluriness, the more weight the current frame has the sharper and more aliased it will be. The promess of DLSS is exactly this: "i don't need the past to fix the present" and while i've been generally disappointed by the end result we had so far there's also been some successes like the hairs of FFXV which were much better with DLSS.

Xtreme1979 likes this.