Microsoft patches actively exploited zero-day in IE as wel as 73 security issues

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    M$: If you have game problem I feel bad for you son, I got 73 security issues but DX ain't one.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    HH:
    "Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I know, I know, that happens when you rush to publish the news on the best site of the industry :)

Darren Hodgson, G*addict and mbk1969 like this.
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You want the team of IE to resolve issues in DX?

sverek and fantaskarsef like this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    This is one of the few cases where I'll give MS a pass for sloppy testing. Nobody should be using IE in the first place if security exploits are a concern to them.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Liked for style points.

Liked for the second thought scare.

sverek and mbk1969 like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I only use IE when something dont work in IE which rare if ever, and the places I go are always the same

8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    What is IE??

......sarcasm. (don't use it)

9. Bladeforce

Bladeforce Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Titan
    Microsoft has to patch 1000's of vulnerabilities a year and it only gets worse. You really have to wonder if Windows is fit for the 21st century

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Internal Escape?

I dont think in this day and age it would be used, IT either Chrome ( which I hate) or Firefox used by people, I dont think many even use Edge and on top of that was Edge disconnected ?

we have CPU going back decades that have HW vulnerability being ousted constantly, nothing is suitable if one listens to news and all security flaws being posted!

That being Said Windows 10 current team cant even release builds on 6 month period with out massive bugs that cause MS to pull updates., which MS has been doing ALOT lately, which why I now deferred all those build update for year and I soon gona start deferring QOL updates for 3 months cause even those are causing issues now.

And I sure debugging this stuff isnt easy, but I haven skeleton crew to do this Q/A dont help atlest this what I choose to believe when come to MS cause other belief would be that huge team that fails horribly

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019

11. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    because many things rooted to windows
    now even if apple open-release macOS it wont replace windows anytime soon, not in decade

the only close is so far is android, seeing even windows10 trying to adapt with apps.
    but google vision with android AFAIK is not "workhorse computing", in my understanding it more like "assitance OS" cmiiw...
    even it said AndroidQ will have desktop capable (similar to samsung dex), google probably can overhaul the android and make it bigger, but i doubt it ... we will see in few years

there was "Longene" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longene) that intend to bridge windows+linux.... but it even not successful
    by now official site gone, only source-code that still available in githubs

12. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    One thing I like to do is to get a build right before the next build is out, by then most of the bugs are worked out for that build, and then ms can release a new build and then patch it over the next 6 months.

fantaskarsef and sverek like this.
  13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    The Vicious Cycle of M$.

fantaskarsef and Clawedge like this.