GeForce 418.91 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Feb 13, 2019.

1. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    OMG :eek:
    IQ is terrible .

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    2 reviews and new drivers. What a Wednesday!

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Well, Bugger.

BFV on dx12 is stutter like a pig right now so could be drivers or the new update.

Will try a roll back, Its not like I wanted ray tracing in metro anyway......

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

With dlss on the softness make it look like a YT video or a pre rendered cutscene. It looks oddly video like / Cinematic. I mean, Balls to playing with dlss on but its a weird effect in still images.

God I hope someone understands what I mean or i sound mad. :confused:

5. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    Try to run apex without afterburner osd i heard it fixes the device hang error, i dont know for sure though

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Without knowing with you're doing with a static compressed image????

It's why you generally don't compare static compressed images when comparing AA methods or comparing AA to no AA and we have no idea of the setting used.

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No compression. What you see in those images is what i was seeing..

8. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    I mean, considering that DLSS ON runs only around 900p, I would say it dosen't look half bad, even better if DLSS OFF shot doesn't use TAA

Those Metro shots are too blurry even for my standards through.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  9. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    The blur that DLSS introduces in those images above is a NO GO!
    I expected more from this feature..!

10. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
  11. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    There is an obvious bug in the current implementation, or in that page they switched the screens by mistake ...

12. lord_zed

lord_zed Active Member

GPU:
    980ti MOD 1500/8000 LC
    Can we have some 4k not 1440p images ?? Never expected to use DLSS on anything besides 4k tbh. What does it upscale 1440p option from ?? 720 ?? 900 or 1080p ??

13. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Havent run 1440p much on my 4k monitor, but dying light 1440p with high settings looked much better than this. My impression DLSS is still early tech with issues.. And people with the overpriced rtx cards are testers. Tech has potential, tho a more open source solution would be ideal for us consumers i hope this tech will mature and make 4k more mainstream. It seems true 4k gpus isnt nearby. Maybe rtx2080ti is close, but is it really a true 4k gpu? I know it is a great card, with a absurd pricetag.. But it seems to be my only option when its time for my next upgrade, hope prices will drop a bit more this year. Or maybe ill wait for next en gpu if its worth it and they arent to far away since i wanna upgrade this year...

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    There seems to be a problem with DLSS and the game/this driver. I got a crash to desktop after a round ended while using DLSS and now my game will not load. Event viewer spits out a bunch of the following:

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    Graphics SM Warp Exception on (GPC 0, TPC 1, SM 0): TEX FORMAT Errors

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

After looking at the official forums I found quite a few posts relating to the same thing. Seems like DLSS and/or the driver is bugged. To fix the issue you need to disable DLSS.. by deleting your profiles folder (resetting settings) :/

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/180458/dlss-on-crash-to-desktop

Might want to wait for a hotfix driver or something before using DLSS.. or at the very least make backups of your settings folder for BF5 in case you need to revert.

15. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    Known Issues:
    [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.[2503360]
    [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.[2503360]

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    I didn't have any errors with apex @ 418.81 & msi afterburner or in general.. did you try those too?

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Not going to install these atm unless more 1080 ti users got no driver hung thingy LOL.

18. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    No errors or issues so far with those! Keep testing several games i'll report back if i find anything negative. :)

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Alright i wil instal these tomorrow 1 hour before exodus unlocks i have a feeling we are getting another hotfix version lol.