DLSS on Battlefield 5 tomorrow 12th February

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Deleted member 255716, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't see how they were 'forced' to open source them. The code was always available to developers even prior to the GitHub posting. Adoption is arguable, depends on the tech. PhsyX is used in hundreds of games. HBAO is also very popular. Performance is also arguable.. for example lots of people go to HairWorks as an example of poor performance but show me an example of TressFX being utilized in a game on multiple assets in the same scene. You can't because it doesn't support instancing, which is why no games apply it to more than a single character. Upfront performance is better than HairWorks but scaling is worse. It's more of a question of performance vs IQ trade-off in most cases.

Either way the DirectML can utilize the tensors and Vega 7 exposed INT8/4 so adoption of DLSS like features will only increase going forward. Plus when more games utilize DXR they'll all start doing the denoising via DirectML.

yasamoka likes this.
  2. Mr_Twinky

Mr_Twinky Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega56
    DLSS support, I could care less, actually no I couldn't. I don't care at all and will not ever support nVidia again. Such a dirty lying company.

3. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Source is this https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/DLSS_Super_Sampling_AA_Tested_Final_Fantasy/

You have now clue what you are talking about. DLSS is worthless in 3DMark because entire premise of DLSS is to use deep learning to calculate AA. Because 3DMark always has the same exact outcome, it's easy for DLSS to calculate the perfect picture. For actual games where outcome is always different, DLSS doesn't work so good.

It's like these advertisements for cleaning products on TV that have spotless result after a single wipe.

4. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    I think the real thing to consider here isn't TAA vs DLSS, it is Native vs DLSS, or any other superior AA vs DLSS.
    I don't want a blurry image, or a overly sharp image that is creating "detail" that shouldn't be there, I want the cleanest, most accurate, aliasing free image I can get.
    I don't think DLSS is going to do that. Maybe DLSS2X, but we don't know what kind of performance impact that will have. I have a feeling it is huge as no one is talking about it, and at that point super sampling is probably a better option.

5. DumpsterJ

DumpsterJ Guest

GPU:
    Msi Trio RTX 2080Ti
    Im at work and today is the 12th. Has anyone actually downloaded the update and tried it already or is everyone still crying about costs.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Seems to be delayed:

Battlefield V - Update notes - Please be aware that the update notes that have been spread on reddit are not fully final but almost and the date currently in them is not final either. We don’t have a set release date yet as we are not done with it yet.

pharma, DumpsterJ and Maddness like this.
  7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

8. DumpsterJ

DumpsterJ Guest

GPU:
    Msi Trio RTX 2080Ti
    Weak. I really want to see DLSS in action with Raytracing running in my favorite game.

Xtreme1979 likes this.
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I look forward to updated benchmarks from the Don.

10. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    "GeForce RTS" ? What's RTS? I don't keep up to date with this stuff. I know what RTX is....

11. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Did the BFV DLSS patch get released? Looking forward to the Guru3D review ....
    February 12, 2019 3:12 PM

12. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    The foliage is sharper but details in the character textures are washed out. If DLSS can't compare to AA methods that don't reduce image quality I have no interest in DLSS.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    As I wrote before. Use spare fps to increase internal render resolution. BF games are good example of game capable to do this, therefore IQ comparison there will make more sense.
    (Apples to apples, Image Quality at comparable performance level.)

14. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz

16. CiroConsentino

CiroConsentino Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP!
    WOW. The DLSS image looks like crap! The game is probably internally rendered at 1080p and then upscaled to 2160p. Supersampling always sucked and it always will.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    From visual standpoint, SS is the best form of AA.

19. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    CiroConsentino probably just mixed up terminology and meant to say that upscaling sucks. Because obviously Supersampling is DOWNSCALING from higher internal resolution. It's the opposite of DLSS.

20. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    dlss option is there but greyed out and off for me?