First Full Custom Loop!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Ridiric, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Just thought i would post a few pictures of my first attempt at a full system custom loop, only ever done cpu only or AIO loops in the past.

Currently its sitting there with the loop running for a leak test, so i took a few pics!

Also done a few case mods for this one to get everything to fit in, still need to make a new stand for the case as i had to move the fans outside for the bottom 360mm radiator to get everything to fit, not sure exactly what im going to do for the new stand though, any ideas would be appreciated!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This last pic shows why i need to make a new stand for the case.

fantaskarsef and jura11 like this.
  2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

If doesn't leak now, then you shouldn't see leak at all, depending very much on tubing used and how tight seal is around the tubing and fitting collar

What size of tubing or fitting are you using?

If you have smaller case then I would consider MO-ra3 360mm pr 420mm external radiator, this I have used on several small cases with good success

What coolant are you using?

Hope this helps and look good there

Thanks, Jura

Ridiric likes this.
  3. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Heya Jura
    9.5mm inner 12.7mm outer for the tubing, using EK-Cryofuel blood red for the coolant, definitely not gonna switch to an external radiator, whole idea was to see how much i could fit in the case lol.
    Everything in the build is from Bykski.

Aaaaand i got a temporary work around for the case stand until i can come up with something better... its... pretty janky lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    just added some wood to extend the stands that came with the case... definitely gotta figure out a better solution than this though lol

fantaskarsef and jura11 like this.
  4. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    hmm thinking i might keep the wooden extensions and get some cutouts (metal or plastic) that cover them and the fans up but leave a big gap bellow the fans for airflow, thinking some kind of black plastic or rubber might be the best for that cause its easy to work with, though i guess i could find somewhere local that could work with metal as well.

Have to think about it.

Also, the loop currently consists of 1x 120mm radiator 1x 240mm radiator and 1x 360mm radiator, with the pump reservoir up top (its a D5 variant made by bykski) and a cpu and gpu waterblock also made by bykski, and also has a flow meter and drainage valve under the gpu block, all the fans are CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120 Air Pressure fans.

Hardware is currently i7 8700k (currently at 4.7ghz but will re do overclock now that is watercooled, it did hit 5ghz on the AIO i had but ran way to hot), 16gb 3733mhz 16-18-18-36 1.35v corsair RGB vengance memory (the older type that isnt ARGB), ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6, MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X, and a Crucial M550 1TB SSD for storage.
    I also delidded the CPU before i did the water cooling so that should help with the overclock and temps :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I done something similar on my Phanteks Enthoo Primo where I raised case by few cm, used child blocks to raise case which has been enough, without this bottom radiator didn't have enough air abd temperatures hasn't been best with raising case everything has been a lot better and temperatures improved by 4°C

13/10mm is goood size, I just would go with 16/10mm fittings and tubing without the question as is won't kink as much as 13/10mm

I see you went full Bykski, have used them like for RTX 2080Ti and for CPU as well and very happy with performance

Regarding the EK CryoFuel used this coolant and wouldn't use it again, prefer Mayhems X1

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

fantaskarsef and Ridiric like this.
  6. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Hmm i avoided Mayhems because i had heard a lot of people having problems with their fluids especially the pastel and those super fancy ones that do the fancy patterns when the liquid moves (also.. its hard to find anything other than their pastel or illusion coolants here in australia and they cost a lot more, while nearly everyone stocks the EK-Cryofuel coolants), as far as the tubing goes I didnt really have any issues with kinking as i didnt have to do any tight bends because of using 90 degree fittings and S swivel fittings to make life easier.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  7. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    OK! all done (for now still gotta make a better stand)

Pushed my CPU to 5.2Ghz at 1.34v and get around 68c at full load on hottest core (can get it to 5.3 but I gotta push it over 1.4v for that and I would rather stick to 1.34v).
    GPU now clocks up to 2068mhz at 45c (after about 30min of GPU stress testing in 3DMark it stopped at 45c and stopped getting higher) and stays there all day without moving and could even get memory up to 12ghz (previously it would only get 11.5ghz)

The fans are all running silent on lowest RPM as well!

Loving my new loop!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also... damn that's a lot of crud under my desk... I should clean that...

BlackZero and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Very clean looking build there, @Ridiric

Ridiric likes this.
  9. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice looking rig. Three rads seems a bit excessive, but the temps are excellent so as long as the flow rate is good there is nothing to worry about. ;)